Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I keep my account secure?  (Read 734 times)
nugrama (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:32:14 AM

so as not stolen other people. What should I do

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
critolika

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:37:46 AM

By using a strong password, do not re-use the same password on any other site and not share your password with others. We recommend that you use a password manager like LastPass to create and store your password.
 If you are not using security practices and your account is compromised, we will not be able to help you.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:54:16 AM

By using a strong password, do not re-use the same password on any other site and not share your password with others. We recommend that you use a password manager like LastPass to create and store your password.
 If you are not using security practices and your account is compromised, we will not be able to help you.

What this guy said. Lookup LastPass and KeePass, they're the two best password managers as of now. I personally use LastPass because it's way more convenient than the latter. Also, change your passwords like in a minimum of once a month for better safety measure.

One last thing, go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and lookup your emails. It can show you which if your emails on whatever website has been compromised in the past.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
WindingTree

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 01:55:29 PM

What Account? Just general accounts? Strong passwords + 2FA.

You talking about your Bitcoins? Hardware wallet.

Winding Tree - Blockchain for Travel Distribution Trusted by: Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, and more!
Join our Telegram Channel
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:04:40 PM

Can you be more specific what account is this? But generally, keeping your password as your the only one knows it, don't share it to anyone, and make sure that you secured your devices you used so you can stay away from malware that can steal some private information
netox

Activity: 230
Merit: 111

Editor no Cointimes

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

What this guy said. Lookup LastPass and KeePass, they're the two best password managers as of now. I personally use LastPass because it's way more convenient than the latter. Also, change your passwords like in a minimum of once a month for better safety measure.

One last thing, go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and lookup your emails. It can show you which if your emails on whatever website has been compromised in the past.

KeePass2 allows you to set some periods of time to change your passwords, its a really handy feature to improve security. Also set up a good firewall and encrypting your private keys helps alot. Here is some clues about securing your wallet: http://www.coindesk.com/information/how-to-store-your-bitcoins/

JohnnyNnex

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:53:15 PM

Easily! create new password for each site. Make them long, containing numbers and letters
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 09:16:11 PM

I'm not sure which account you are referring to....

Strong password. A long combination of numbers, characters, uppercase and lowercase letters.
Two factor authentication if possible

marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:52:29 PM

Maybe by signing your permanent wallet address that your confirming your the really owner of the account and your the one who is the only one who using that bitcoin address coz wether you got email on your account or have a strong password you wouldn't know the safety of each websites.
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:23:04 PM

Maybe by signing your permanent wallet address that your confirming your the really owner of the account and your the one who is the only one who using that bitcoin address coz wether you got email on your account or have a strong password you wouldn't know the safety of each websites.

Marcuslong is on the right track if I read this thread correctly.

I am pretty sure the OP is talking about his bitcointalk account here?  To observe the process just click on my signature and see how easy it is to do!

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
savecoin

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 10:52:28 PM

always protect ur PC and make sure its in a password or something
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:13:51 AM

You must use a strong password which contains letters,numbers and specials caracters.
Also you have to use E mail and phone verification because it helps in the case of losing your account, it is easy to recover it.
wealthium

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:00:50 PM

Long password with capital letter, small letter, numbers and symbols. Also be aware of Trojans (keylogger), try not to install unknown software from unknown source.
freedomsr40

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:13:54 PM

And enable 2FA whenever you can (not possible for this forum though, it's a pity).
Also keep your computer clean, if you really want to visit some site, use protection  Grin
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:28:26 PM

Also, if you are trying to protect a Bitcoin account, I strongly recommend a hardware wallet such as the Ledger Nano S or the Trezor. This will help protect your bitcoins even if your PC somehow gets infected. However, you should definitely take the steps mentioned above to help prevent that from occurring by being careful what you download and not running shady programs, etc.
Celendion

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:48:51 PM

Keep your email not to be known, email publication is strictly prohibited in this forum, because if the email is hacked then our security is in danger, essentially do not let your email in the know

█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
R  E  P  U  B  L  I  A
PRE-SALE :  23.08 - 23.09
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
   █
   █
Highly Efficient Technology
Secure & Transparent
Full Democracy
█  ▄▄▄  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ███  █
█  ▀▀▀  █
YS84

Activity: 159

UTEMIS| pre-ICO 15.02.2018 | +50% Bonus

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:25:45 PM

Simply, if you are talking about this account use strong password, containing numbers and characters, keep email as hidden from public.
If it is bitcoin account, use a hardware wallet to protect your bitcoin.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: