Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:28:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is my card to old?  (Read 1151 times)
bitcointrader55

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:00:19 AM

The card doesn't crash just the mining programs. What card would you suggest then for mining litecoins? and make it profitable, even marginally so.

Any new ATI card. My recommendation would be 7950's - they get you the most hash for your money and power consumption so imo they're very worth it.

I'm currently running a few of them and each gets 600KHash minimum on Scrypt coins (litecoin included). There are optimizations if you look around to get 7950's to 650ish KHash with lesser power consumption - imo definitely worth looking at.

uhh, no. As the difficulty increases those cards will not be worth using anymore.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aragami

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:00:42 AM

same would only recommend acis

Yup at the end of the day it is all about how efficient you are at converting energy into hashes. ASICs are most efficient.

FYI there are no asics or fpga's for Litecoin at the moment. A few FPGA's are being developed (check out the altcoin section) but they simply are not around at the moment, so everyone is running multi-gpu rigs.
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:01:38 AM

What about a XFX GeForce 8600 GT Fatal1ty ? Could I still use that to mine Litecoins at an acceptable earnings to cost ratio? It's the fastest graphics card I have.

Alternatively what is the fastest graphics card I could buy for an AGP bus which I could use to mine Litecoins? Don't have the cash to upgrade the mobo/processor/ram but if I only have to buy a graphics card I might manage it.
Aragami

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:07:24 AM

The card doesn't crash just the mining programs. What card would you suggest then for mining litecoins? and make it profitable, even marginally so.

Any new ATI card. My recommendation would be 7950's - they get you the most hash for your money and power consumption so imo they're very worth it.

I'm currently running a few of them and each gets 600KHash minimum on Scrypt coins (litecoin included). There are optimizations if you look around to get 7950's to 650ish KHash with lesser power consumption - imo definitely worth looking at.

uhh, no. As the difficulty increases those cards will not be worth using anymore.

Please check out http://dustcoin.com/mining - if you do some basic calculation, you'll find something like Litecoin mining to be plenty profitable at the moment. Sure, there is always the arguement that once the difficulty increases, it'll no longer be worth it - but do you really think thats the way its going to work? You dont think the market price of Litecoin will adjust to the difficulty of the coin? As scarcity increases, price will also increase. You're allowed to say anything you want and speculate anything you want, but mining simply wont be unprofitable until FPGA or ASIC farms come into play for scrypt, and that wont be for a long while.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: