Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:37:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer D3 sell out in 5 minutes  (Read 2710 times)
sil2222 (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:05:55 AM

New batch of Antminer D3 went on sale this morning and sold out in minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flx0

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:36:56 PM

Was really fast sold out. I got some and can offer 3
DavEl

Activity: 9

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 04:48:51 PM

and was offered suspiciously when the value of litecoin and btc were much lower then they had been in previous days
COINKING84

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 06:42:00 PM

yeah i almost had one. it was in cart then boom out stock
vikingchild

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:14:15 PM

wow damn! :O They need to produce more if the demand is this high, it is a bit silly they are not better prepared.
buggy166

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:31:25 PM

wow damn! :O They need to produce more if the demand is this high, it is a bit silly they are not better prepared.

lol you cannot be that naive.

They build money printers, why is it in their interest to sell them all at once to the public? They mine them for a set period of time, then release to public.

They operate warehouses full of hundreds to thousands of miners, across multiple coins.

They can sell batches of 3 or batches of 3000 if they wanted.

They have a release schedule based on a business model projection.

Being prepared is not an issue on their end.
TheReamer

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:29:48 PM

They build money printers, why is it in their interest to sell them all at once to the public? They mine them for a set period of time, then release to public.

They operate warehouses full of hundreds to thousands of miners, across multiple coins.

They don't mine with these before selling, they're brand new. The problem is they can't produce enough, it's not that easy to produce thousands of ASIC miners.

Curated list of active & quality airdrops. Earn free crypto! http://cutt.us/airdrop
sil2222 (OP)

Activity: 144

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 11:54:26 PM

It appears a good reason Bitmain D3 stocks sold out so quickly is because a lot of people are ordering only for the invoice. Then reselling open invoices to other people who did not get to order any units. Some guy on Twitter posted an image showing multiple open orders claiming he made 7k just from invoice selling.  Huh
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:43:24 AM

It appears a good reason Bitmain D3 stocks sold out so quickly is because a lot of people are ordering only for the invoice. Then reselling open invoices to other people who did not get to order any units. Some guy on Twitter posted an image showing multiple open orders claiming he made 7k just from invoice selling.  Huh
It sucks but that's the reality of the world. Unless you're running a buy script, notifier, or happen to be lucky enough to stumble upon these miners in stock, the miners will probably continue to sell out as they have. I'm surprised Bitmain hasn't raised prices on these miners yet; Innosilicon has an answer, but it is much more expensive in terms of $/GH.
Tmdz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:08:34 AM

It appears a good reason Bitmain D3 stocks sold out so quickly is because a lot of people are ordering only for the invoice. Then reselling open invoices to other people who did not get to order any units. Some guy on Twitter posted an image showing multiple open orders claiming he made 7k just from invoice selling.  Huh

Wow they need to require payment the moment you click buy instead of 24 or 48 hrs like it is so only legit buyers get them instead of profiteers with a fast finger.
1Fish2Fish

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:01:01 AM

I tried to buy a D3 myself with no luck but i do see some (what appear to be) fake websites selling some.

If this part is off topic please forgive me and disregard.

Can anyone explain why the value of the X11 coin (s) doesn't just decline sharply when they have a large and rapid increase of coin are mined suddenly?

I assume this is all figured out ahead of time somehow,, but won't all these mega mining machines coming online at about the same time, just flood the market with the coin and quickly and end up devaluing the coin?

Do they limit the amount of available miners sold to control that? If so who controls the number of mining machines?  Huh

buggy166

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:07:50 AM

I tried to buy a D3 myself with no luck but i do see some (what appear to be) fake websites selling some.

Can anyone explain why the value of the X11 coin (s) doesn't just decline sharply when they have a large and rapid increase of coin are mined suddenly?

I assume this is all figured out ahead of time somehow,, but won't all these mega mining machines coming online at about the same time, just flood the market with the coin and quickly and end up devaluing the coin?

Do they limit the amount of available miners sold to control that? If so who controls the number of mining machines?  Huh

whether you have 1 miner machine online, or 1 million miners, the payout of coin is the same. Divide 1 Dash by those numbers, to get your payout result.

That how people lose their shirts and savings when they buy ASIC machines and dont understand how the network works or what mining difficulty is, or how it increases, while payouts decrease.
buggy166

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:10:26 AM

They don't mine with these before selling, they're brand new. The problem is they can't produce enough, it's not that easy to produce thousands of ASIC miners.

Of course they mine.

If you had the ability to create money printers, why would you lose out on profit by giving them to the people on the cheap?

They have an internal cycle they are scheduled by, and they time their releases accordingly.
buggy166

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:15:02 AM

Wow they need to require payment the moment you click buy instead of 24 or 48 hrs like it is so only legit buyers get them instead of profiteers with a fast finger.

The people flipping orders pay cash or crypto up front. There's no time limit that'll help you with that. Its a demand vs supply issue.

There's also no point in stopping them. If they cant sell pre orders, they sell once the shipping arrives. Same thing. It'll actually hurt miners that want the machines as they'll have to wait for 2 shipping scenarios to occur (bitmain->buyer->end customer instead of bitmain->end customer).

Same ideology is behind real estate for example. You buy a pre-build contract for 1 condo, wait for 1-2-3 years to have it be built, flip it for profit to someone who wants to move in asap.

Just be ready with the trigger finger and check their site daily. I've had 4-5 friends buy D3s without an issue, and they're just normal folks who want to own a couple of those things.
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1108

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:20:33 AM

Of course they mine.

If you had the ability to create money printers, why would you lose out on profit by giving them to the people on the cheap?

They have an internal cycle they are scheduled by, and they time their releases accordingly.

As all miners builders, they only sell the hardware whereas they already have another more efficient one mining to them or they will delay the actual miner delivery to profit even further with your cash, it's a win-win situation for them.
1Fish2Fish

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:24:57 AM

whether you have 1 miner machine online, or 1 million miners, the payout of coin is the same. Divide 1 Dash by those numbers, to get your payout result.

That how people lose their shirts and savings when they buy ASIC machines and dont understand how the network works or what mining difficulty is, or how it increases, while payouts decrease.

Okay, Now that's very important for me to understand and remember. I understood the difficulty increase relationship but i didn't realize the payout stays constant.
 In that case, maybe the X11 coin values would go up as these machines come online. maybe better to invest in the coin than the machine. Undecided Man this is really interesting stuff. Thanks for the reply
buggy166

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:30:29 AM

Okay, Now that's very important for me to understand and remember. I understood the difficulty increase relationship but i didn't realize the payout stays constant.
 In that case, maybe the X11 coin values would go up as these machines come online. maybe better to invest in the coin than the machine. Undecided Man this is really interesting stuff. Thanks for the reply

dont make the mistake of correlating mining difficulty with coin value. They do not hold hands.

The only thing that dictates coin value is how much fiat $ or btc (or other currencies) are traded for it, and be held.

Lightcoin had a huge crash a couple of years ago because a mining company dumped millions of coins into the market, and LTC became nearly worthless. Took 2 years to recover.

Same would happen to any other coin. Values are driven by demand, NOT by mining.

People who bought lightcoin early in the year for example, were just as well, if not even better served, than people who bought lightcoin miners.

A smart person does a bit of both imo, and not willy nilly. There's a lot of info to cover, but there's some very smart people on these forums that run threads that do market analysis, while others concentrate on mining profitability and so forth. Plenty to read. Its fun, just dont bet the house on crypto.

quick edit: 1 thing to pay attention to, mining payouts, are totally different from coin to coin. DASH has a 45%(miners) - 45% (master node handlers) -10% (coin devs i believe? might be wrong) split. Other coins are different. Need to read up on that kind of stuff. Sometimes it changes when big "scheduled" events occur to take the coin in a new direction. This is a tech field, so things are constantly in motion.
1Fish2Fish

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:33:48 AM

Of course they mine.

As all miners builders, they only sell the hardware whereas they already have another more efficient one mining to them or they will delay the actual miner delivery to profit even further with your cash, it's a win-win situation for them.
Wow! win win is right. The more i learn about this the more i realise how little i really know.
1Fish2Fish

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:40:50 AM

dont make the mistake of correlating mining difficulty with coin value. They do not hold hands.

The only thing that dictates coin value is how much fiat $ or btc (or other currencies) are traded for it, and be held.

Lightcoin had a huge crash a couple of years ago because a mining company dumped millions of coins into the market, and LTC became nearly worthless. Took 2 years to recover.

Same would happen to any other coin. Values are driven by demand, NOT by mining.

People who bought lightcoin early in the year for example, were just as well, if not even better served, than people who bought lightcoin miners.

A smart person does a bit of both imo, and not willy nilly. There's a lot of info to cover, but there's some very smart people on these forums that run threads that do market analysis, while others concentrate on mining profitability and so forth. Plenty to read. Its fun, just dont bet the house on crypto.

quick edit: 1 thing to pay attention to, mining payouts, are totally different from coin to coin. DASH has a 45%(miners) - 45% (master node handlers) -10% (coin devs i believe? might be wrong) split. Other coins are different. Need to read up on that kind of stuff. Sometimes it changes when big "scheduled" events occur to take the coin in a new direction. This is a tech field, so things are constantly in motion.

I think ill print these words out and tape them to my monitor Wink
"Plenty to read. Its fun, just dont bet the house on crypto"
Steven3iii

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:12:18 AM

No. Of course not. Because you know the difference between a new one and old one. I am sure they were just testing it for three months.  Grin

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: