Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199684 times)
illinest

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:21:25 AM

the unlicensed exchangers are a plague and they must be removed.

I'd rather not have my documents and bank accounts at risk for hacking/identity theft. And I'd rather not have the IRS in my business. Why does that make these exchanges a "plague?" They are only such if you believe that the US government should be in control of the movement of money, generally. Why?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:24:58 AM

I'd rather not have my documents and bank accounts at risk for hacking/identity theft. And I'd rather not have the IRS in my business. Why does that make these exchanges a "plague?" They are only such if you believe that the US government should be in control of the movement of money, generally. Why?

they are a plague because they made a bad image to any e-currency. people lost funds.

if you don't like fiat, close all your bank account and live without them  Smiley

a regulated market(only with licensed exchangers) is the way; otherwise, BTC will collapse.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:20:03 AM

they are a plague because they made a bad image to any e-currency. people lost funds.

if you don't like fiat, close all your bank account and live without them  Smiley

a regulated market(only with licensed exchangers) is the way; otherwise, BTC will collapse.

That idea defeats the WHOLE purpose of crypto right there..... Cheesy

Go Big or Go Home.
coinking17

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:11:08 PM

Well I hope we get our coins back because Bitcoin just hit an all time high just to rub some more salt into the wounds  Angry
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:14:05 PM

Well I hope we get our coins back because Bitcoin just hit an all time high just to rub some more salt into the wounds  Angry

That would be AWESOME.. LOL.

Go Big or Go Home.
gnurta

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:26:00 PM

It would be nicer if they also decided to return the "airdrop" bitcoin cash to us.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:46:25 PM

The State is your daddy, it will protect you  Roll Eyes

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Gnosis7777

Activity: 131
Merit: 18

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:30:21 PM

if you don't like fiat, close all your bank account and live without them  Smiley

Yes, because the entire concept of Bitcoin received popularity due to its regulated, centralized, government controlled, big banker correlations...

/s
YesLOST

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:32:10 PM

Dont listen to mayax he stated many times he is happy we lost money.

He is the guy who goes to terminal ill children and say that its their own fault that they are dying.
gb1971

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:44:08 PM

He is the guy who goes to terminal ill children and say that its their own fault that they are dying.
i think you are spot on!
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 06:15:46 PM

Who cares about him anyway? Initially he was quite correct on various things related to BTC-E, but at this point it seems that he's going totally nuts on eveyone replying to this thread.

He's constantly trying to force through his own vision, where he makes a fool out of everyone that isn't on the same line as him ~ that's what I consider to be pretty obvious troll behavior.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:02:16 PM

YES, you deserve to lose your funds because you used an exchanger like BTC-e but I am not happy with that . It's just a lesson for "you".

you = all you lost funds with BTC-e

I am just smiling when I see how many sheep are around.  "you" are keep using similar exchangers like BTC-e.....  Bitfinex, Kraken, Poloniex, etc.

I am the one who is saying that the era for unregulated exchangers is gone. if you have a tinny brain, you will realize that the anonymous shit you advertise is pure sci-fi.

you blaim the banks but you love the cash. you curse the authorities but you turn to them when someone is "stealing" your funds  Smiley

it's good to be hypocrite, right?
gb1971

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:11:41 PM

YES, you deserve to lose your funds because you used an exchanger like BTC-e but I am not happy with that . It's just a lesson for "you".

I am just smiling when I see how many sheep are around.  "you" are keep using similar exchangers like BTC-e.....  Bitfinex, Kraken, Poloniex, etc.

I am the one who is saying that the era for unregulated exchangers is gone. if you have a tinny brain, you will realize that the anonymous shit you advertise is pure sci-fi.

you blaim the banks but you love the cash. you curse the authorities but you turn to them when someone is "stealing" your funds  Smiley

ah man your real name must be DICK
WhPh

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:21:01 PM

I am the one who is saying that the era for unregulated exchangers is gone.

It's amazing to read this at cryptocurrency forum!
I'm just curious, aren't "unregulated cryptocurrencies" next in the row. When exactly cryptocurrency era will be goe as well?
thedreamer
Legendary

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:52:24 PM

It's ok. Karma will come back and get him/her/it.

Go Big or Go Home.
Satdish

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:58:54 PM

MAYAX SPEAKS WORDS OF A COCK
platitude

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:16:31 PM

Calm down, guys! Cool
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 09:32:50 PM

This is only partly true. On one hand, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general are attaining mainstream acceptance, so regulation is becoming the norm and dark markets and money laundering havens may be shut down. On the other hand, privacy-enhancing technology is improving everyday. Currencies like Monero seem to largely aid anonymity (time will tell as experts continue to try break the technology).

Tumblebit could be be a game-changer for Bitcoin fungibility. Between heightened fungibility and decentralized crypto exchanges, the future for the unregulated exchange of cryptocurrencies does not look completely dark.
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 12:53:24 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2017, 01:05:19 AM by Lionel

This is only partly true. On one hand, bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general are attaining mainstream acceptance, so regulation is becoming the norm and dark markets and money laundering havens may be shut down. On the other hand, privacy-enhancing technology is improving everyday. Currencies like Monero seem to largely aid anonymity (time will tell as experts continue to try break the technology).

Tumblebit could be be a game-changer for Bitcoin fungibility. Between heightened fungibility and decentralized crypto exchanges, the future for the unregulated exchange of cryptocurrencies does not look completely dark.

First of all i still don't see the point of creating all of these anonimity tools to be used together with Bitcoin when Tor already exist that can do it, and  I2P as well if i'm not wrong ( see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=151181.0, and https://github.com/VirtualDestructor/bitcoin-qt-i2p ).
That Tumblebit was not necessary at this point, right?

Monero , Dash and other crypto that implement built-in anonimity make more sense because at least they avoid the need to use external tools on top of the wallet client, and this makes those crypto usable by non-technical people that want to be abonymous. This is a great advantage over Tumblebit or Tor etc. which are more complicated for sure.

About all of these exchange incidents... i think that people must quit with this trading mania and start realizing that the true power of crypto is that you can get an anonymous job paid anonymously so that you avoid taxes and you earn more.

Everyone would get a wage at least 25-30% higher by having an anonymous job payed in BTC and the power of the Elites will end finally.
And employers as well can benefit because otherwise they are subject to overwhelming taxes if they live in a Western country.

I don't understand why once upon a time all of these trading and betting maniacs did not exist despite the average citizen was wealthier than now.
Now you are all poor and you like risking your bucks like they're nuts by playing these risky games because you hope to get rich and escape from the poverty that your Gov caused you through taxes.

So everybody  let's start working anonymously and poverty will not be your problem anymore.
Quit trading... trust me
newhyips

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 03:12:24 AM

Why quit trading Lionel? we can do it in safe ways, with descentraliced exchanges
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: