Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:17:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199684 times)
JamesNoJosh

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:08:10 PM

Exchange is a scam. I'm havent gotten tech support for my account for 4 months now.

Exchange is not a scam but they are going through some rough times. I did pick some debt token and might pick more if it dips further.

remember that they could have simply "run away" and just left us with this page: btc-e.com

IF THEY AREN'T A SCAM THEN WHY ARE THEY GIVING THE THE PEOPLE THE RUN AROUND WHEN THEY HAVE ALL THE INFO TO LET BLOCK ACCOUNTS BACK

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@thejamesfund/usd10-000-reward-bounty-or-split-among-individual-s-in-helping-me-blasting-btc-e-aka-wex-nz-info-below
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:20:21 PM

Exchange is a scam. I'm havent gotten tech support for my account for 4 months now.

Exchange is not a scam but they are going through some rough times. I did pick some debt token and might pick more if it dips further.

remember that they could have simply "run away" and just left us with this page: btc-e.com

IF THEY AREN'T A SCAM THEN WHY ARE THEY GIVING THE THE PEOPLE THE RUN AROUND WHEN THEY HAVE ALL THE INFO TO LET BLOCK ACCOUNTS BACK

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@thejamesfund/usd10-000-reward-bounty-or-split-among-individual-s-in-helping-me-blasting-btc-e-aka-wex-nz-info-below
You wrote that to smear  didn't you. It's not hard to tell when people publish crap like that, knowing perfectly well no support staff are ever going to read it because they are Russian and don't read english posts let alone on forums.

People with genuine support issues should be smart enough to figure out how to contact the Russian support staff seeing they are on WEX every day in  Russian chat.

But I presume you are just trolling, hence the caps and bad grammar, and not really interested in solving genuine support issues.

JamesNoJosh

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:25:04 AM

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

You wrote that to smear  didn't you. It's not hard to tell when people publish crap like that, knowing perfectly well no support staff are ever going to read it because they are Russian and don't read english posts let alone on forums.

People with genuine support issues should be smart enough to figure out how to contact the Russian support staff seeing they are on WEX every day in  Russian chat.

But I presume you are just trolling, hence the caps and bad grammar, and not really interested in solving genuine support issues.

Yes I am one of the HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of people that are screwed out of the Money. Offering $10,000 USD is not a smear read it.
omarabid

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:52:43 PM

LOOK AT LINK

IT'S A $10,000 USD CASH REWARD OR CRYPO CURRENCY OF  YOUR CHOICE

You are screwed

i got my money back. I assume there will be always people in particular situations.
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:09:04 AM

so what's the status so far guys? I took the reduced withdrawal, but interested in seeing what has happened since
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:12:46 AM

Looks like the old deposit addresses still work and are active.

I did not realize some of my miners are mining to an old address directly which was BTC-E and have since been paying to that address every week.

I just found out and when I checked that old BTC-E address is still active and being spent to other addresses. Needless to say the new site does not use the old deposit address so can't get it through that.

So someone is still playing with a bunch of BTC in that account.

Go Big or Go Home.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:20:27 AM

I did not realize some of my miners are mining to an old address directly which was BTC-E and have since been paying to that address every week.

I just found out and when I checked that old BTC-E address is still active and being spent to other addresses. Needless to say the new site does not use the old deposit address so can't get it through that.

Well you have lost that money most likely.
They were addresses in hot wallets FBI may have now if the got at the private keys.

squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:02:04 AM

They were addresses in hot wallets FBI may have now if the got at the private keys.

Well, BTC-e should have the keys to those wallets. It's possible that the FBI could have them as well, although it's possible (rather, probable) that the keys were encrypted, and encrypted well. It could take months or years for them to crack the encryption under some circumstances.

I'm guessing that WEX/BTC-e is moving those coins, and I'll bet thedreamer isn't the only one still depositing into the old wallets. For their sake, I hope they are hiding their tracks before mixing any of those coins in with WEX's wallets.

thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:32:16 PM

Well, BTC-e should have the keys to those wallets. It's possible that the FBI could have them as well, although it's possible (rather, probable) that the keys were encrypted, and encrypted well. It could take months or years for them to crack the encryption under some circumstances.

I'm guessing that WEX/BTC-e is moving those coins, and I'll bet thedreamer isn't the only one still depositing into the old wallets. For their sake, I hope they are hiding their tracks before mixing any of those coins in with WEX's wallets.

Heh, I got rid of the account I had before Wex went on line, I did not trust it . My loss I guess but at the time it was worth the risk. I'm fine with it.

Go Big or Go Home.
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:33:37 AM

I waited for Wex.nz launch and then another 3 weeks before bitcoin rate improved and I could convert at better rate since I was stuck in fiat. But, the wait was worth it.
rapidleech

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:06:58 AM

anyone got paid from Wex?
any success withdrawal ?
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:25:07 PM

any success withdrawal ?

There are reports of successful withdrawals. It seems that fiat payments from third party processors (Advcash, PerfectMoney) are arriving in 48 hours or less. Cryptocurrency withdrawals seem to be operating instantly, as expected. There are some occasional reports of missing ETH deposits (which I think are being successfully credited eventually).

But the main issue is that people who are verifying their accounts are reporting that some (or all) of their balances are being reduced to zero, and support is not responding. If you're wondering whether or not you should put money on there... maybe just to quickly swap one coin for another. I wouldn't keep funds there for any period of time. I prefer to use something like Shapeshift or Changelly for that anyway.

omarabid

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:55:14 PM

any success withdrawal ?

Well, I did put my monies there and didn't withdrawal yet but tried "right now" just for you. Withdrawal confirmed instantly and tx sent in a few seconds  Smiley
omarabid

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:56:59 PM

I also moved some money from advcash to wex today. worked flawlessly.
stingray454

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 03:52:10 AM

So how does everyone feel about the chances of getting your tokens bought out by wex? Still tempting to double your btc, but with the whole FBI deal, payment issues and so on, it sure is a gamble. Thoughts?
omarabid

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:54:06 AM

So how does everyone feel about the chances of getting your tokens bought out by wex? Still tempting to double your btc, but with the whole FBI deal, payment issues and so on, it sure is a gamble. Thoughts?

doubling your money without risk? no kidding.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 07:37:49 AM

The exchange stated that they expect repayment in 1-2 years. Maybe if they are strategically buying the tokens at a discount and commissions are being generated as expected or better, we can expect repayment in a year. That should tell you all you need to know.

If you have money in crypto, with access to all these altcoin and ICO markets -- money printing machines -- do you really want to wait a year or more to double your money? You could double your money in literally one or two days in some of these altcoin markets. I prefer the risk of losses in altcoins to that of exchange risk at WEX.

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:36:20 PM

Well the market is answering that question, when the site relaunched tokens were worth around 60%, now they are down to 37% so users don't seem to believe, but you could almost triple your money if you have big balls. Cheesy

Seems like a big risk IMHO.

RealKariverson

Activity: 233

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:20:26 AM

Well the market is answering that question, when the site relaunched tokens were worth around 60%, now they are down to 37% so users don't seem to believe, but you could almost triple your money if you have big balls. Cheesy

Seems like a big risk IMHO.

Not just triple. If you buy tokens with fiat you are essentially holding BTC so your ride the the BTC rise too.
teslaman

Activity: 65
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:22:21 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2017, 01:32:27 PM by teslaman

But the main issue is that people who are verifying their accounts are reporting that some (or all) of their balances are being reduced to zero, and support is not responding. If you're wondering whether or not you should put money on there... maybe just to quickly swap one coin for another. I wouldn't keep funds there for any period of time. I prefer to use something like Shapeshift or Changelly for that anyway.

I haven't verified and my balance has been reduced to zero too.

This was their BS reply:
Hello!
We informed in the news that we don't possess historical data on transaction and orders of the old platform, that's why we cannot approve or deny your words about funds deposit. The funds were credited to the new platform WEX.nz in the amount shown in your profile. During the period after BTCE closing and before WEX opening, all transactions were fulfilled out of control of the old platform as well out of control of the new one.

KnCMiner Firmware - Mercury/Saturn/Jupiter/Neptune/Titan
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: