Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:39:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 560 hashrates  (Read 27974 times)
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:09:04 PM

Holy shit, that worked! I just happened to have an HDMI dummy plug that I purchased for my RX 570 rig but didn't end up needing. I plugged it into the first RX 560 on the Onda rig and now the correct clock rates are showing up in GPU-Z while Cryptonight hashrate jumped by ~22 H/s per card (after stopping and restarting xmr-stak)! I'll try Claymore v11.0 on a <2GB DAG Ethash coin (MUSIC or UBQ) in about 15 minutes and update this post.

I have just one merit left to give out, but if solving a problem I didn't even know I have isn't worth a merit then this forum is screwed...

UPDATE - okay, looks like I need to get a dummy plug for *each* card; the hashrate jump in xmr-stak was ~66 H/s total and I *assumed* that it was spread equally per card, but when I loaded up Claymore only the first card shows a higher hashrate of 14 MH/s while the other two are still at 12.9 MH/s. Still, the dummy plugs are cheap and an easy fix!

Thats strange, I dont have same problem

I'm always using latest drivers, though

I'm guessing it's a mobo-dependent issue, then, as I'm also using the latest drivers (Adrenalin 18.2.2).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
naxbc

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:14:27 PM

Core: 1050MHz
Memory: 2100 MHz
BIOS modded by Polaris using HiveOS - Cryptonight - 440h/s at 43ºC
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:06:06 AM

Just installed the 4th RX 560 on my Onda D1800 and it looks like I'm playing "one step forward, two steps backwards" with it. Went through all the rigamarole to patch the BIOS and now MSI AB doesn't recognize any of the cards while GPU-Z does. I also bought more HDMI dummy plugs so every card has one now and still no change. Hashrate on XMR-stak has also dropped on the first card back to what it was before - 420-440 H/s instead of ~500 - and the other cards are, of course, performing similarly.

I don't think I'm going to tinker with it any more tonight - I've set it mining DERO and even though the total hashrate of 1800 H/s isn't quite what I wanted to achieve, it's still 400 more than it was before I installed the 4th card.

dalsoft

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:27:13 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 12:44:32 AM by dalsoft

This is what I do - despite what people say on Windows 10 you don't need dummy hmdi plugs, instead if your motherboard supports it force on-board graphics (so no graphics go via the cards you are mining with), and allow Windows 10 to detect the cards in device manager normally.

When adding new cards always and I mean always (this has cost me hours) uninstall the AMD drivers with DDU, then install the blockchain drivers fresh.

Lastly I've had much better results for AMD cards with OverdriveNTool instead of Afterburner etc.
Branko (OP)

Activity: 2450
Merit: 318

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:06:13 AM

This is what I do - despite what people say on Windows 10 you don't need dummy hmdi plugs, instead if your motherboard supports it force on-board graphics (so no graphics go via the cards you are mining with), and allow Windows 10 to detect the cards in device manager normally.

When adding new cards always and I mean always (this has cost me hours) uninstall the AMD drivers with DDU, then install the blockchain drivers fresh.

Lastly I've had much better results for AMD cards with OverdriveNTool instead of Afterburner etc.

I support this, wattman and OverdriveNTool are only ones that always worked for me, direct OC from miners and AB and Trixx get
broken often...only if you don't upgrade drivers, use AB or trixx
zokilnmet

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:07:00 AM

This card is mostly gaming, rather than used for mining. Although, if you apply overclocking and activate the firmware, the speed of crypto-extraction by rx 560 increases by tens of percent. rx 560 4 is ideal for mining modern crypto currency (including zek). It demonstrates low energy consumption, which has a positive effect on lowering production costs.
Performance is high, especially in comparison with previous versions. Cost - optimal, payback ~ half a year, reliability - increased. Ideal for switching to a higher and profitable level of mining!
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:06:15 PM

Well, I DDU'ed the existing Adrenalin 18.2.2 driver, reinstalled it, re-patched all the BIOS and... once again GPU-Z recognizes the cards but MSI AB doesn't..

So I d/l'ed OverDrivenTool and now I am looking at a UI that seems very capable of causing trouble, if not outright damage. While I tend to prefer more Spartan UIs than the overly gaudy, and resource hogging, MSI AB, I also prefer there be some sort of documentation I can peruse, rather than just search for what others did and hope I don't fry something.

wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:54:10 PM

once again GPU-Z recognizes the cards but MSI AB doesn't..
MSI AB will not recognize Polaris/Baffin cards with newer drivers, something is broken there. It actually will recognize them if you have 1-2 cards in the rig, but not if there's more (maybe up to 3 cards are recognized, I don't remember, but I read somewhere that this whole thing was broken on purpose due to MSI AB dev hating miners or something). The last driver that works with MSI AB is the August Blockchain beta. It's not that big a deal though, the only thing that MSI AB does well for AMD cards is the custom fan curve. Actual clocks/voltages control is way better in OverdriveNTool anyway, it's the fan control that sucks there, especially for "0 DB" cards (with target temps at ~ 50-60 C, I'm regularly seeing some of my rx560 cards stopping their fans and starting them again, sometimes every 5 minutes or so; still haven't figured out how to deal with this myself).
MagicSmoker

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:01:03 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 04:27:47 PM by MagicSmoker

once again GPU-Z recognizes the cards but MSI AB doesn't..
MSI AB will not recognize Polaris/Baffin cards with newer drivers, something is broken there. It actually will recognize them if you have 1-2 cards in the rig, but not if there's more (maybe up to 3 cards are recognized, I don't remember, but I read somewhere that this whole thing was broken on purpose due to MSI AB dev hating miners or something). The last driver that works with MSI AB is the August Blockchain beta. It's not that big a deal though, the only thing that MSI AB does well for AMD cards is the custom fan curve. Actual clocks/voltages control is way better in OverdriveNTool anyway, it's the fan control that sucks there, especially for "0 DB" cards (with target temps at ~ 50-60 C, I'm regularly seeing some of my rx560 cards stopping their fans and starting them again, sometimes every 5 minutes or so; still haven't figured out how to deal with this myself).

That would explain why everything was fine when I had 3 cards, but broke when I added the 4th.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to figure out how to properly use OverDrivenTool. I'll get there... eventually.

EDIT - well,  threw caution to the wind and just started changing stuff and seeing what worked and I made some progress. Got the new core and mem clocks to stick on every card and set a target temp of 64C for the fans. Saved the profile and next I'll see about automatically applying that profile either at boot or right before starting a miner (pretty much only Cryptonight or Ethash will be run on this rig).

EDIT 2 - and some weirdness, of course: looks like Cryptonight hashrate is up on the 1st and 4th cards, but not the 2nd and 3rd. GPU-Z reports the new clock rates for all 4 of the RX 560s, though, and I used the same 2-thread/intensity config for all cards in xmr-stak.

Vlizzjeffrey

Activity: 784
Merit: 503

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:52:06 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 07:08:53 AM by Vlizzjeffrey

i cant get  a 5th GPU added to my  ASROCK Z77 EXTREME 9.
I tried all different combinations of slots, put bios settinngs on GEN1, GEN2, GEN3, didnt  solve it either.
it looks like it can only see GPU'S that i put in slot 1,4,5 and 6. Slot 2,3 and 7 don't work.
I know the board can do 6 gpu's because i found an older topic on bittalk regarding this board, and he got it fixed with 6 gpu's, but his fix was enabling GEN2 in the bios, wich i did too, but still cant get 5th gpu to work.
I think i do  see it in device manager, with an error code 31, i tried installing drivers in device manager, it looked like it installed them, screen flashed to black screen for a split second and came  back, so i had my hopes up it had of worked, but it didn't.
I also turned off all onboard devices, like usb 3.0 controller, onboard wifi, audio, everything.
i am using windows 10 and amd drivers 18.2.2 and rx550 gpu's.
Ive been struggling with this for the past 2 days and im really at a point where i've used all the inspiration i got from stuff i found on google regarding this topic, today 2 more rx550's arrived so theres now 3 gpu's doing nothing, i dont know what else to think of how to get this workin.

fixed it by using a 1pci-e---->4pci-e extender bord

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
sam08016

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:47:36 PM

Asus RX560 Elpida
515 h/s for Monero/Electroneum/Sumokoin @ 40 watt

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2850138.0
playfast

Activity: 131
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:02:28 PM

Does Hynix suck for overclocking?
My pbe one click modded hynix starts getting unstable in windows benchmarks at only 1865 mhz
When in was unmodded it could overclock over 2000 mhz, is it normal to have a lower oc ceiling when timings are modded?
MagicSmoker

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:24:29 PM

My pbe one click modded hynix starts getting unstable in windows benchmarks at only 1865 mhz
When in was unmodded it could overclock over 2000 mhz, is it normal to have a lower oc ceiling when timings are modded?

Most BIOS mods tighten the read/write timings of the VRAM and, yes, this does tend to lower the maximum stable clock frequency, but this is usually a good tradeoff to make as far as mining performance goes.

playfast

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:32:11 PM

Most BIOS mods tighten the read/write timings of the VRAM and, yes, this does tend to lower the maximum stable clock frequency, but this is usually a good tradeoff to make as far as mining performance goes.

Cool, thanks for clarifying bro.
My hynixes are doing 460h/s each, not the worse though, my friend's microns only do 440h/s. Wish I had elpidas.
Mining the new TRIT coin now.
Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:07:43 AM

Cool, thanks for clarifying bro.
My hynixes are doing 460h/s each, not the worse though, my friend's microns only do 440h/s. Wish I had elpidas.
Mining the new TRIT coin now.

My hynix rx460 does 490 h/s, my elpida rx550's do about 470 h/s, microns worst, 420 hash ( rx550)

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
playfast

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:22:31 PM

Did some experimenting with the intensity in xmr-stak today. My rx560 cards have 2gb hynix.
Copied a popular config and I always had it on the recommended 432 intensity in 2 gpu threads.
Anything over 432 is unstable. Tried 416 but it decreases hash rate a bit. Tried 424 and it seems to be the sweet spot for my cards. Has the same max hash rate as 432 with less fluctuation, plus it allowed much higher OC.
Pushed my average from 460h/s to 474h/s. May be able to get higher but might have to increase power limit.
Looks like some cards do prefer a slightly lower intensity than the recommended.
playfast

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:23:20 AM

This is crazy my msi 2gb hynix card is a lot better than I thought. Doing ~505h/s stable, never thought card could reach this.
Changes were decrease of intensity from 432 to 424 per gpu thread as I mentioned above, +30% power limit, oc to 2050 mhz memory, core clock was left at 1292 mhz
Amazing what a small tweak can accomplish.

Vlizzjeffrey

Bitcoin King BTC

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:43:15 PM

Hi,

I also bought a few msi rx550 2gb aeros, and i saw a video on youtube for elpida timings for my gigabyte rx550's, and that guy used the msi 2 gb aeros, he had elpida on them, so i assumed mine would be elpida too, but  they are hynix.
Not that it matters a whole bunch, the elpida's also do 470 h/s, but yah, they hynix seems to be a little faster xD.
Now im wondering if all 4 of my msi's 550's have hynix, or will some have elpida too, i will know in a few hours im bios modding them atm.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
wacko
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:09:13 PM

Yeah, I also got a few RX 550 Aero, and they all came with Hynix. Doing about 460-500 H/s with them, didn't have enough time to figure out the best settings/timings, all this amd stuff is weird, especially sgminer settings. RI 400 (or even up to 420) works with most cards, but then there's one card that would crash sgminer 5.5.5 on start. Yet it works fine with the nicehash sgminer (but the hashrate is a bit lower in that one).
MagicSmoker

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:30:25 PM
Merited by wacko (2)

Yeah, I also got a few RX 550 Aero, and they all came with Hynix. Doing about 460-500 H/s with them, didn't have enough time to figure out the best settings/timings, all this amd stuff is weird, especially sgminer settings. RI 400 (or even up to 420) works with most cards, but then there's one card that would crash sgminer 5.5.5 on start. Yet it works fine with the nicehash sgminer (but the hashrate is a bit lower in that one).

Although I got sgminer-gm 5.5.5 to hash nearly as well as xmr-stak 2.2.0, I also experienced a lot of crashes. Once I figured out how to double the threads in xmr-stak (thanks to this thread), and dialed in the other settings, I got it to perform even better than sgminer and haven't looked back since. One weird thing is that the 1st and 4th cards hash at >500 H/s while the 2nd and 3rd are stubbornly stuck at 440 & 460 H/s, and all have Elpida memory. Even weirder is that when I switch over to Ethash in Claymore 11.2 it is the 1st and 2nd cards that perform better, at 14 MH/s, while the 3rd and 4th do 13 MH/s... I tell ya, AMD cards are f'ed up

P.S. - thanks for the merit in the Intensecoin thread!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: