Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:02:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Spam Attack . beware must read and need someone to check if it is key logger  (Read 516 times)
Furious (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:00:51 PM

can someone check which virus or threat to these links have ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Furious (OP)

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:07:03 PM

please help
6Asmodeus6

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:12:19 AM

I just got one message and I taught it was a bad phishing attempt but when i saw this much message on Meta section now i got some interest in this.I'm good at malware and phishing analysing.I checked my PM box but the message was deleted so if somebody have the full link ( it was something like google.sh/blablabla.com ) can somebody send it to me without clicking it?
ahmedjamal1998

Activity: 714
Merit: 537

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 01:24:02 AM

I just got one message and I taught it was a bad phishing attempt but when i saw this much message on Meta section now i got some interest in this.I'm good at malware and phishing analysing.I checked my PM box but the message was deleted so if somebody have the full link ( it was something like google.sh/blablabla.com ) can somebody send it to me without clicking it?

I don't think this is a phishing attempt. They're just spamming the forum sending a lot of private messages to users.

I don't know if such things can actually affect the forum. Hopefully not *fingers crossed*
It got DDOS attacks several times in the past and made it go down but I guess cloudflare or a similar service was applied.
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:32:53 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 02:57:52 AM by Blake_Last

Those sites do not look like phishing sites or attempting to send you keyloggers, as most of the links you receive are actually just a Google redirect to a different country domain other than the US. It's likely that someone is just trying to send spam messages to you, and possibly other users as well, for what reason? I don't have an idea.

In any case, just report the accounts that sent you spam messages to moderators or admins so they can ban them here in the forum.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 02:35:15 AM

Those sites do not look like phishing sites or attempting to send you keyloggers, as most of the links you receive are actually just a Google redirect to a different country domain other than the US.
I agree, there is no possible way that they can hide links like that. Just follow the link here to go to the Colombian version of Google - https://google.co.
Blake_Last

Activity: 518
Merit: 278

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:50:55 AM

Those sites do not look like phishing sites or attempting to send you keyloggers, as most of the links you receive are actually just a Google redirect to a different country domain other than the US.
I agree, there is no possible way that they can hide links like that. Just follow the link here to go to the Colombian version of Google - https://google.co.

You got me there.

Guess, it's indeed better to just report them to moderators or admins so they can make an action to stop those spam messages. And better yet, don't click any of them just to be safe or just delete them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: