Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinstarter.com Questions  (Read 16970 times)
Mr.biswas

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:15:37 AM

Quote from the website: "Coinstarter is home to San Francisco"

Some big problems with page formatting.

As a result(?), I couldn't find a way to logout.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cheus

Activity: 593
Merit: 126

Bounty Manager

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:19:04 AM

Admin Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 1241537474
Admin Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 1241537474
Admin Street: 96 Mowat Ave
Admin City: Toronto
Admin State/Province: ON
Admin Postal Code: M4K 3K1
Admin Country: CA
Admin Phone: +1.4165385487
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: f5jt1lkjybyd@contactprivacy.email

It can be find here http://xseo.in/whois
lonelygrimm

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:55:35 AM

it's a shame that lot of people belive to something like this, i'm curious who started to share all this spam link. C'mon get up guys, this life isn't that easy, even my country btc fb group sharing this sh*t link almost every minutes ! There is nothing on their website, no project vision, no team developer, no whitepaper, absolutely nothing on their site ! Beware for you who use same password for all your accounts, change it before something bad happens.

99Percent

Activity: 402

🦜| Save Smart & Win 🦜

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 04:24:21 PM

it's a shame that lot of people belive to something like this, i'm curious who started to share all this spam link. C'mon get up guys, this life isn't that easy, even my country btc fb group sharing this sh*t link almost every minutes ! There is nothing on their website, no project vision, no team developer, no whitepaper, absolutely nothing on their site ! Beware for you who use same password for all your accounts, change it before something bad happens.

True we must be vigilant

Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:29:48 PM

When it ends?
indika

Activity: 489
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:45:14 PM

someone posted ref link and some peoples registered under him including me,now some peoples saying it scam,as my idea we must wait and see many web sites are scams and most of them just created for no reason
eucliffe

Activity: 203

Was that was it was?

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 07:08:42 PM

maybe, maybe not, but the thing is, it's free and  if it's legit then good for us who registered but if not no harm done right?

p.s i used a dummy email just to be sure.

BetFury                                                     
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Reddit  🕹
                                                    Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                                   
Dunyain

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:37:41 AM

Many of you have asked the question about what's CoinStarter?
Who is behind it?
Why there isn't a roadmap or a whitepaper?
Well, we are here to come clear.
CoinStarter is a test of the market that went above our expectations, we were curious about responses and to see if there was any interest for a service like the one we proposed here. The test was intended to only reach a handful of people and allow scaling in the case we receive good response.

Within 72 hours we've received over 50,000 users, and this wasn't something we were ready right out of the gate.
Neither our servers. (they are fine now)

That said, we're very excited by the responses we've received and just started building up our team, resources and legal framework.
W

From the main site
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:00:59 AM

It's fine to register if you use email and password that not related to another important account.even if it's a scam,there is no risk for us
I'm just wondering,when i open the coinstarter website,my chrome blocked some unauthorized script,can someone confirm this?
Pepe_Mujica

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:23:20 AM

Who is behind it?
CoinStarter is a test of the market that went above our expectations, we were curious about responses and to see if there was any interest for a service like the one we proposed here. The test was intended to only reach a handful of people and allow scaling in the case we receive good response.

Within 72 hours we've received over 50,000 users, and this wasn't something we were ready right out of the gate.

That said, we're very excited by the responses we've received and just started building up our team, resources and legal framework.
W

From the main site

And that has disapeared as of now...
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 04:09:42 AM

We are now in Stage?
Stage 5 finished this year?
pralala22

Activity: 158

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 07:40:44 AM

There are numerous reasons to be very very careful:

• anonymous domain registration
  • no contact data other than an email address and an unlisted phone number
  • Who are the people behind this site? All the information they provide us with is:
    Behind CoinStarter is a team of Entrepreneurs, Economists, Philantropists and Software Engineers working together with the belief of creating something better.
    Basically that tells us exactly nothing about the team and they stay anonymous
  • What is there USP? The answer they give is rather meaningless and non-informative. It contains some nice buzzwords but in the end it tells us nothing(again):
    Our platform uses artificial intelligence to create and deploy smart contracts onto the blockchain.
    We believe that combining AI with our talents overseeing every stage of the process, we can create the next generation of blockchain technology, that simplifies the blockchain and makes it viable for mass adoption by the public. It's like a drag and drop tool to power your blockchain.
  • They claim their tokens have a certain value, based on nothing but their claim. They can't be traded and no ICO price had been realized yet.
  • No whitepaper, no source code, no wireframes, no demo, not even screenshots of a product exist.
  • While fiddling with the website yesterday I found some hosting related data in a piece of json in a webpage. I scratched out some sensitive data but you can see it contains creditcard related data, including an email address. It also contains hosting plan related stuff and apparently the hosting options they picked are pretty cheap:
Code:
window.app_plan ='{  
   "display":"Professional",
   "no_branding":true,
   "can_add_capacity":true,
   "initial_capacity":2,
   "initial_storage":10,
   "api":true,
   "scheduler":true,
   "bulk":true,
   "collaboration":2,
   "logs":336,
   "version_control":720,
   "db_backup":720,
   "custom_domain":true,
   "ssl":true,
   "sub_apps":false,
   "import_export_csv":true,
   "seo":true,
   "pw_protection":true,
   "recurring_frequencies":[  
      "weekly",
      "monthly",
      "quarterly",
      "yearly"
   ],
   "monitoring":true,
   "monthly_price":69,
   "yearly_price":62,
   "support":"Email",
   "index":3,
   "id":"app_professional",
   "paying_user_id":"14906087*************09837812160",
   "paying_user_email":"j.henner****f@q*****c.de",
   "card_data":{  
      "id":"card_************",
      "object":"card",
      "address_city":null,
      "address_country":null,
      "address_line1":null,
      "address_line1_check":null,
      "address_line2":null,
      "address_state":null,
      "address_zip":null,
      "address_zip_check":null,
      "brand":"Visa",
      "country":"DE",
      "customer":"cus_AXA0sRmDsX7ivv",
      "cvc_check":"pass",
      "dynamic_last4":null,
      "exp_month":1,
      "exp_year":2021,
      "fingerprint":"************",
      "funding":"credit",
      "last4":"**64",
      "metadata":{  

},
      "name":"j.henner****f@q*****c.de",
      "tokenization_method":null
   },
   "frequency":"month",
   "additional_capacity":0,
   "additional_storage":0,
   "add_ons_pricing":{  
      "capacity":{  
         "unit":1,
         "price":20
      },
      "storage":{  
         "unit":10,
         "price":10
      }
   }
}';
  • The site looks like someone took some effort to build it, but it is a point-and-click solution website builder (look at the source code)

To recap:
- anonymous domain registration
- anonymous team
- no product
- no whitepaper/demo/screenshots
- non-existing token with an attributed value based on thin air

So what do they have?
- a lure to tease our greedy brain

There are numerous signs that this is either fake or a scam and exactly zero indications that this is a bonafide project.

Better think twice before you sign up.

thanks for this , to many red flags
Münzpräger

Activity: 1596
Merit: 362

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:07:42 AM

Who is behind it?

W

From the main site

Thanks for the find and sharing it with us. My translation is that we will never see a single coin because the dev is in way over his head. Sad.
Delphinus (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:54:53 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys. You did ease my mind a bit.

Most likely the coins will end up being nearly worthless after all, but glad nobody found any malware on the website. As long as you don't use emails/passwords from other crypto sites, there is most likely no gain but also no risk.

Easteregg69

Activity: 1437
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:54:50 AM

I have allready picked up 15.66 free tokens.

Thank you coinstarter.

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
sudnokpok

Activity: 406
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:18:01 PM

I signed up under the old password which I use for websites of HYIPs and other scams. Today I received a letter in the mail that to me on the Ecoin exchange.eu was successfully logged on from another IP. So concludes the trip we began to Ducati. Well I'm on this exchange don't work and there's no money)))
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:55:23 PM

I haven't been hacked yet.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
harimbadl

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:00:58 PM

On my research i found this: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cornell-holloway-86727249/
If you are on the coinstarter website, you can select "discover campaigns".
The only campaign which is on "lunching soon", is the coinstarter kickstart yourself ico!
Cornell Holloway made this campaign, on the linkedin profile is the same picture and  same name like on the campaign!
But this could also be faked...

This is also from the coinstarter website, when you go to "how is coinstarter different" rubrik you find this:

We are solving a problem
Token based fundraising campaigns often times raise millions of dollars without having a product or even a team capable of building the product they promise. History shows, that many of today's billion dollar companies has started out with less than $100k initial investment.

At CoinStarter, we are dedicated to allow supporters of token based fundraising projects to help a wide variety of projects come alive by making a smaller amount of support first and make larger supports for products that actually deliver. We believe that companies aren't going to be successful because they can build a smart contract - they may not be techies but still be great in their field. We exist to help companies in all industries gain access to token based fundraising, we'll help them connecting them to you, and the blockchain.

We are a new kind of startup accelerator program, that's based on the blockchain and powered by your support.
We've created a streamlined process for new startups to rise.

Stage 1 - Angel Round
Projects without proven track record but a promising idea will be able to start an Angel Round. After the Angel Round they can start a Series A if they succeed at delivering their promises. Angel rounds are capped at $100k worth of Bitcoin. After an Angel Round the startup may proceed to Stage 2 or Stage 5.

Stage 2 - Series A
Projects that deliver a product and has a promise to grow, will be able to start a Series A.
Existing companies with a proven track record may be able to start a Series A without an Angel round. After Stage 2 the company may proceed to Stage 3 or Stage 5.

Stage 3 - Series B
If the the company is succeeding but needs more funds in order to achieve their required growth rate they may start a Series B. After Stage 3 the company may proceed to Stage 4 or Stage 5.

Stage 4 - Series C
This is an optional stage that may needed for some companies.

Stage 5 - Tokens are rewarded to the supporters.
Why all the stages?

Stages will allow early supporters to get more of the rewards.
Supporters can help fund more startups and make smarter decisions by making companies deliver before giving them too much funds that they don't even need at an early stage.

And ultimately, successful startups that live up to their promises, will have an organic hype for their next stage.
And that hype will be based not only on an idea, but Proof of Work.
harimbadl

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 08:11:33 PM

On my research i found this: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cornell-holloway-86727249/
If you are on the coinstarter website, you can select "discover campaigns".
The only campaign which is on "lunching soon", is the coinstarter kickstart yourself ico!
Cornell Holloway made this campaign, on the linkedin profile is the same picture and  same name like on the campaign!
But this could also be faked...
But i think he made the website!

This is also from the coinstarter website, when you go to "how is coinstarter different" rubrik you find this:

We are solving a problem
Token based fundraising campaigns often times raise millions of dollars without having a product or even a team capable of building the product they promise. History shows, that many of today's billion dollar companies has started out with less than $100k initial investment.

At CoinStarter, we are dedicated to allow supporters of token based fundraising projects to help a wide variety of projects come alive by making a smaller amount of support first and make larger supports for products that actually deliver. We believe that companies aren't going to be successful because they can build a smart contract - they may not be techies but still be great in their field. We exist to help companies in all industries gain access to token based fundraising, we'll help them connecting them to you, and the blockchain.

We are a new kind of startup accelerator program, that's based on the blockchain and powered by your support.
We've created a streamlined process for new startups to rise.

Stage 1 - Angel Round
Projects without proven track record but a promising idea will be able to start an Angel Round. After the Angel Round they can start a Series A if they succeed at delivering their promises. Angel rounds are capped at $100k worth of Bitcoin. After an Angel Round the startup may proceed to Stage 2 or Stage 5.

Stage 2 - Series A
Projects that deliver a product and has a promise to grow, will be able to start a Series A.
Existing companies with a proven track record may be able to start a Series A without an Angel round. After Stage 2 the company may proceed to Stage 3 or Stage 5.

Stage 3 - Series B
If the the company is succeeding but needs more funds in order to achieve their required growth rate they may start a Series B. After Stage 3 the company may proceed to Stage 4 or Stage 5.

Stage 4 - Series C
This is an optional stage that may needed for some companies.

Stage 5 - Tokens are rewarded to the supporters.

Why all the stages?

Stages will allow early supporters to get more of the rewards.
Supporters can help fund more startups and make smarter decisions by making companies deliver before giving them too much funds that they don't even need at an early stage.

And ultimately, successful startups that live up to their promises, will have an organic hype for their next stage.
And that hype will be based not only on an idea, but Proof of Work.

If its scum we will see! Im new to the game and also excited about freetokens....
Ive also seen this project, where you get 10 $ free coins https://wcex.co/?ref=Nhbb6B2 this is with my refnumber Smiley
Thats official thread at bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2026078.0
I am excited about this project, they are telling on their website about their team:

Team: Our team comes from Apple, Deutsche Bank, and IBM, and has decades of experience in building secure, distributed, and massive-volume systems.

And ive read, that former dev. from apple and ibm are working on this project! Smiley

Best regards Harimbadl
cryptedlife

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

BlockStarter team

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 11:26:52 PM

To recap:
- anonymous domain registration
- anonymous team
- no product
- no whitepaper/demo/screenshots
- non-existing token with an attributed value based on thin air

I just noticed this CoinStarter project a few days ago in one of my Telegram chats and thought that it's nothing but marketing and now I see this topic here on BitcoinTalk. Actually, there are a number of other projects that aim to be a 'kickstarters' for ICO / token sale market with a similar name. Most of them called XXXStarter or KickXXX. It's clear to everybody that such names are derived from Kickstarer.

Some of them are real projects and I hope that most of them will be fully functioning businesses after all.
But some of them are real scams with no MVP, with no team members on a site, with no whitepaper. Just landing.

What is interesting, that we are working in a startup called BlockStarter - a platform for launching ICO campaigns.
And in contrast to CoinStarter we are a real team of blockchain enthusiasts that is making a real product.
We started to work on BlockStarter in April in a spare time and in mid of June we started to work on BlockStarter full time.
Our first result is a site icodb.net - a database of successful ICO campaigns. Most of the ICOs raised 1m USD or more at the time of a campaign.
The motivation behind ICO DB was to understand a structure of successful ICO campaign. I will talk more on this in a separate topic.

Currently, we are working on a crowdsale panel for contributions. A panel accepts different cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dash, Dogecoin, soon Waves. And is backed by token and crowdsale contracts for Ethereum platform. These contracts can be easily generated with a few clicks of a button.
You can try our crowdsale panel here in action (it works as a whitelabel): http://wallet.heroengine.world/

Check our whitepaper here. This is not a final and will be improved soon because talk a lot with crypto people and it gives us a better understanding of what crypto market needs.

BlockStarter - a platform for launching ICO campaigns
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: