Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:07:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2017-07-26]ViaBTC Launches Bitcoin Cash, the UAHF Token  (Read 21209 times)
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 09:10:00 AM

I interpret that as saying that they would only consider supporting BCC if it proves successful and, for the moment at least, all their eggs are in the SegWit2X basket.

How do you define "successful"?

DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:39:37 PM

I interpret that as saying that they would only consider supporting BCC if it proves successful and, for the moment at least, all their eggs are in the SegWit2X basket.

Well, I guess that's for them to decide, ultimately.  The textbook definition for miners is probably something along the lines of "it appears we can make money from this", heh.  

Obviously from their standpoint, if the fork falls flat on its face and no one uses it, then it's not going to be worth their consideration, let alone time or effort to mine it.  Conversely, if there's a thriving and active chain with steady diff, they'll probably do some calculations and see how financially viable it looks for them.  Or, if the situation is somewhere in the middle of those two extremes and it all looks a little uncertain, dividing your hashpower will probably look like a less attractive option than just sticking with the security of a "known quantity" and focusing on SegWit2x alone, which is probably a big enough job on its own to keep them busy.  But again, I'm sure they'll do their calculations either way to see what's best for them.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 03:08:44 AM

We have to welcome BitcoinCash (BCH) to the world of cryptocurrency. I think this new altcoin has a good chance of survival since there is now a build-up of support though we will see how it can perform in the face of the coming massive dump...if there will be no massive dump then much better. I have no problem with this coin...as we are already accustomed to so many coins in the market anyway.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 03:47:33 AM

There are two ways of looking in to it. The first is in terms of market cap. This one will be easy for Bitcoin Cash. Already their market cap is fluctuating between $8 billion and $10 billion, and they have the potential to overtake Ethereum, or even BTC itself. But the second part is difficult. Can the BCH gain as many users and followers that the BTC is having?
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:33:01 AM

There are two ways of looking in to it. The first is in terms of market cap. This one will be easy for Bitcoin Cash. Already their market cap is fluctuating between $8 billion and $10 billion, and they have the potential to overtake Ethereum, or even BTC itself.
Market caps hold zero value. Especially in case of BCC, as this coin forked off with nearly 16.5 million circulating coins. One coin just need to sell at a price of 1.01BTC to take over Bitcoin's market cap. People for once should stop looking at market caps, and start looking at what really matters - the actual usage. Nothing can beat Bitcoin in this regard.

But the second part is difficult. Can the BCH gain as many users and followers that the BTC is having?
Definitely not. I have said it before, and I'll say it again - this coin purely thrives on the hype that they created. People get excited because they have the ability to liquidate something for BTC or fiat that they haven't bought at all, or didn't at all ask for. It just came out of the air. Once exchanges start to process deposits, this coin will lose its value, and after the dumpfest has taken place, this coin will also lose people's interest. BCC is just a get rich quick tool for those behind this garbage.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 10:21:02 AM

There are two ways of looking in to it. The first is in terms of market cap. This one will be easy for Bitcoin Cash. Already their market cap is fluctuating between $8 billion and $10 billion, and they have the potential to overtake Ethereum, or even BTC itself.

It's not that simple. That's the same logic that says Ripple's market cap is meaningful. When the vast majority of supply cannot be moved/liquidated, the market cap is meaningless. Let's wait until the chain is stable and markets are opened on the bigger exchanges. Then we might begin to see more realistic pricing.

Elcapsono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:01:22 PM

It's not that simple. That's the same logic that says Ripple's market cap is meaningful. When the vast majority of supply cannot be moved/liquidated, the market cap is meaningless. Let's wait until the chain is stable and markets are opened on the bigger exchanges. Then we might begin to see more realistic pricing.

The real prices for a coin will be very different from those that we now see. I can not understand who even buys this coin. It seems to me that all the figures that we see on the exchange are a lie

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████