Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:11:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: After 1 Aug split can I trade BTC and BCC? Should I withdraw all bitcoins?  (Read 3740 times)
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:16:35 AM

I'm pretty new to the cryptocurrency world and what I have seen in the past days, everybody is talking about BIP 149, SegWit2x and other terms that I really don't understand. As far I can understand that bitcoin will split into 2 separate currencies: BTC (Legacy old) and BCC (Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin ABC -it's the same, right?-) after 1 August UTC 12:00 am. People say that I should withdraw all my coins into my Electrum Wallet before 1 Aug. That's what have I done.

After the split, everything will be cloned and people will have both BTC and BCC. If you had 1 BTC, after the split you will have 1 BCC as well. So... what to do after that? Will ever BTC exists? Will people have the possibility to trade with BTC and with BCC as well? If these are 2 different currencies, that means if I make a transaction with BCC (send) then it will be transfered in BTC as well? Will the 2 currencies "synchronize" with each other? (I don't know if you can understand what I'm trying to say).

- Bitcoin price has dropped. Should I invest more FIAT into it before 1 Aug?
Please excuse me to my answer to you, You are so ridiculous dude! I think you are one of the people who believed that this coming august 1st bitcoin will be split. You're so easy to believed in any rumors and hearsay and no basis. This is just a massive  FUD to anyone here in this  industry. I am pretty sure nothing will happen to this date. Everything will be fine just continue what you had started to believe in Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Altcoin Agent

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:33:20 AM

Is Electrum wallet supports split?

Electrum Wallet does not support BCC, only BTC: https://electrum.org/bcc.txt

After reading the text, what i understand is that you can have btc in the electrum wallet and you will be entitled to the bcc also. However, to claim the bcc, you have to use another wallet as electrum wallet does not support, am i right to say so?

So hardware wallets will split bitcoins due to hardfork... Huh Can you explain a bit more?

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 07:54:34 AM

I have read somewhere that If Segwit2x is implemented successfully then we dont need to hardfork the bitcoin so their wont be split in bitcoin if only it got problem the next option is hardfork bitcoin and that can be how many times that dont know until it get success.

Phyton76

Activity: 504
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:12:39 AM

I'm pretty new to the cryptocurrency world and what I have seen in the past days, everybody is talking about BIP 149, SegWit2x and other terms that I really don't understand. As far I can understand that bitcoin will split into 2 separate currencies: BTC (Legacy old) and BCC (Bitcoin Cash or Bitcoin ABC -it's the same, right?-) after 1 August UTC 12:00 am. People say that I should withdraw all my coins into my Electrum Wallet before 1 Aug. That's what have I done.

After the split, everything will be cloned and people will have both BTC and BCC. If you had 1 BTC, after the split you will have 1 BCC as well. So... what to do after that? Will ever BTC exists? Will people have the possibility to trade with BTC and with BCC as well? If these are 2 different currencies, that means if I make a transaction with BCC (send) then it will be transfered in BTC as well? Will the 2 currencies "synchronize" with each other? (I don't know if you can understand what I'm trying to say).

- Bitcoin price has dropped. Should I invest more FIAT into it before 1 Aug?
Some one told me that the segwit is already a success and there will be no split in BTC and BCC that will happened it august 1 so i dont know what will gonna happened really in august 1 why there are still discussions about there ? Are the split still gonna happened?
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 12:21:33 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2017, 12:33:48 AM by btccashacc

Some one told me that the segwit is already a success and there will be no split in BTC and BCC that will happened it august 1 so i dont know what will gonna happened really in august 1 why there are still discussions about there ? Are the split still gonna happened?
From what I've read there will be no split on August 1, as you can see on Luke Dashjr Post ( Posted on Jul 27 here's the link https://medium.com/@lukedashjr/why-nothing-will-happen-with-bitcoin-on-august-1st-93f4 which launched on 1 Aug, it's like taking advantage of this issue, i'm not a technical guy so i don't really understand about this issue, one thing that makes me confused big and popular exchanger like poloniex and bittrex has announced their statement regarding this issue (bitcoin split), so it will gonna happen? can someone confirm this?
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:07:01 AM

How to get the bcc? Is it enough to have bitcoins in own wallet or must we take action?
I read this information on telegram, and bittrex provides a security guarantee to save your btc. Automatically you will get BCC.

This is good news, in my opinion. Grin

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █