Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design  (Read 217125 times)
chip1982

Activity: 204
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:14:21 PM

What worries me most is that team will be running out of money, and left the project... because this project has a large team o pay and less treasure everyday.
Seems the work of team has no added value.

No added value? Are you aware what they all accomplished in one month?

agreement with Cointigo for ZEN SMS
agreement with netcents
secure node server migration
agreement with Coolwallet
agreement with Huorbi
rollout super node tracking servers beta
and team members in various interviews, road shows etc.

all in November! And you say it seems it has no added value, why? Because the price is down?

Maybe you should focus more on roadmap execution and forget the short term price swings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yani @ BitBill wallet

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 05:19:57 AM

Our BitBill team support Horizen.
BitBill wallet supports ZEN now. (Android subsequently supports after IOS )
Norda

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:00:54 AM

What is the difference between making a "backup" of my Swing wallet and Exporting my private keys? Do I need to do both to backup my wallet? I would assume I should store these on a USB in a safe place
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 10:09:57 AM

This topic is almost dead, only MedaR is posting here and there in the last month.

Horizen performance last few months was not good, to say the least, even consider the major crash of all cryptocurrencies.
Horizen is almost out of cryptocurrency top 100, today is at 98 position at Coinmarketcap and running down...   Sad Lost about 30 positions in the last three months)!!! I do not "entirely" get it......

What worries me most is that team will be running out of money, and left the project... because this project has a large team o pay and less treasure everyday.

With the loss of value of all coins, FIAT comparison, Is there any treasure left to continue to promote this project?

regards

The cryptocurrency market as a whole is going through hard times. However, it`s still too early to panic and talk about the Horizen project’s collapse, in my opinion. A lot of large investors don`t lose hope, but on the contrary, refuel their investment wallets with promising, in their opinion, coins. For example, CEO Digital Currency Group and early Bitcoin investor Barry Silbert (https://twitter.com/barrysilbert/status/1066806097753899009) didn`t miss the opportunity to buy several cryptocurrencies in the falling market. He replenished his portfolio of Ethereum Classic, Zcash, Decentraland and Horizen. This indicates that the Horizen project has prospects, large players believe in its success. Of course, it couldn`t hold its position against the background of the total market fall, but this doesn`t mean that it `s ready to disappear from the face of the earth.

Yep, ZEN is my favorite 'alt', but I hate this name 'horizen', WTF is that about? Seems that ZEN has gone marketing heavy, sad indeed, they used to have the best team in terms of TECH, now they seem to be re-deploying their missiles towards marketing, that's something that company's only do when they  know their TECH has no future, ...

Sure enough when ZEN goes below $1 USD I'll buy a bunch, hell I want to run a super-node, why not Smiley

It really hasn't gone down that much, take ETH around $1k, now $100, that's hard, ZEN was really trading around $30, and now at $5, that's not too bad, compared to other stuff,

Lastly, regarding this notion of the 'team' not have money to pay the staff, I mean come-on, this is a hobby right? Nobody is running this as a 'business'? Are they really? I guess with ZEN deploying 30% of their mining toward the BIZ, in theory they can pay for DEV, but its clear to this one, that the money ain't going to DEV, its going to PR, sad Sad

I'll still stay with ZEN, and looking forward to running a super-node, when it goes south of $1 USD, to buy the 640 zen's required. ( or whatever it is )
Yani @ BitBill wallet

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 11:22:03 AM

What is the difference between making a "backup" of my Swing wallet and Exporting my private keys? Do I need to do both to backup my wallet? I would assume I should store these on a USB in a safe place
I haven't used Swing wallet.
Taking bitbill as an example , you only need to "backup " well your wallet.

In genaral , the private key corresponds to managing an address. We don't need to Exporting our private keys if there is no other necessity.
We can recover our wallet with mnemonic words.

BTW, BitBill wallet supports ZEN .(Android soon )
MAGGIEMAY

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:15:25 PM

Yep, ZEN is my favorite 'alt', but I hate this name 'horizen', WTF is that about? Seems that ZEN has gone marketing heavy, sad indeed, they used to have the best team in terms of TECH, now they seem to be re-deploying their missiles towards marketing, that's something that company's only do when they  know their TECH has no future, ...

Sure enough when ZEN goes below $1 USD I'll buy a bunch, hell I want to run a super-node, why not Smiley

It really hasn't gone down that much, take ETH around $1k, now $100, that's hard, ZEN was really trading around $30, and now at $5, that's not too bad, compared to other stuff,

Lastly, regarding this notion of the 'team' not have money to pay the staff, I mean come-on, this is a hobby right? Nobody is running this as a 'business'? Are they really? I guess with ZEN deploying 30% of their mining toward the BIZ, in theory they can pay for DEV, but its clear to this one, that the money ain't going to DEV, its going to PR, sad Sad

I'll still stay with ZEN, and looking forward to running a super-node, when it goes south of $1 USD, to buy the 640 zen's required. ( or whatever it is )
[/quote]

I agree with your perception of the marketing hail mary, following the hori'zen' debacle.
Going for a super-node, Undecided 

What's up with all those silly tweets every day! 
And all those exclamation points after each and every sentence, in every tweet!
Look here!!  No, really, look here!!!  We're exciting!!!!!!!

btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2018, 10:01:16 PM

So what is your opinion of the super-node? I think the current secure-node is ok, maybe the secure-node will pay for itself, mining sure as hell don't pay,

Now with the antminer for zcash, there is no point of mining, even if you have one of those boxes, let alone graphics cards,

ZEN will go south of $1, and I will pickup the 500 and setup a super-secure node for the hell of it,

With regards to "HORIZEN" the problem I have with that name is that HORIZEN is the dumbest, worst, most unsafe airline in the USA, why would you want to name your 'coin' after a loser that hires morons to fly and maintain airplanes?

It goes to show that TEAM-ZEN wasn't interested in marketing, that they brought in 'experts' who gave them a kardashian 'makeover', and left them with HIV,

Hey first rule in TECH is "If it works, don't fix it", I think before the marketing BULLSHIT began, ZEN was cool, now its like positioning itself for what? Morons? Newbs? Losers?

Early on ZEN, had it right focus on privacy/security, but then some test marketing people came in and said "This is not what sells", "Sex Sells", so now you have Horizen, the sexy new-millenial coin, just like their website, its clear that most of their 'work' goes into marketing and that damn website, how about some back-end coding guys? I now that brought out super-node, but really they need to step back to what got traction, and stick with that,

The corporation don't want security or privacy, they want open transactions, so everybody can see what you buy, where your at, ... blah-blah, ZEN bought its market-share on the promise of PRIVACY, and now they're telling us that its no longer important, now they're telling us that WHORE-CIA-ZEN is just plain sexy.

They say that MONERO/ZCASH is used by al-cia-duh, but ISIS is CIA, the ZEN people are cool because they come from NAVY-INTEL, which are every bit as smart as CIA or NSA; The potential is here don't screw-up ZEN with panzy bs.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:13:15 AM

I remember gpu mining  (back when you could actually gpu mine) zencash over a year ago when it was about $5 usd.

Now it's back to that range. The all time highs of over $60 are long gone, plus I cant even gpu mine zen anymore!
phanphanphuyen

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:18:28 AM

Me too. I mined the coin last year when its price was too low, then stopped mining after two weeks.
Honestly I felt deeply regret with the decision.
I remember gpu mining  (back when you could actually gpu mine) zencash over a year ago when it was about $5 usd.

It also means that we have been great time to buy Horizen back.
Now it's back to that range. The all time highs of over $60 are long gone, plus I cant even gpu mine zen anymore!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 11:42:05 AM

No added value? Are you aware what they all accomplished in one month?

agreement with Cointigo for ZEN SMS
agreement with netcents
secure node server migration
agreement with Coolwallet
agreement with Huorbi
rollout super node tracking servers beta
and team members in various interviews, road shows etc.

all in November! And you say it seems it has no added value, why? Because the price is down?

Maybe you should focus more on roadmap execution and forget the short term price swings.

Sorry, I was on the road last few days. Smiley

Yes, times are very difficult but this is normal considering situation with Bitcoin. And only those who dont know nothing about crypto can focus only on the price.
- Most important is that team is stable, and works even harder.
- Number of node are increasing.
- I don't think that we have lack of activity here at all. Majority is focused on Discord channel this is true.

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:10:37 PM

Our BitBill team support Horizen.
BitBill wallet supports ZEN now. (Android subsequently supports after IOS )

Do you have announcement tread here on Bitcointalk. It would be good if you can give me more details about your team and community. Thanks!

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:36:25 PM

Yep, ZEN is my favorite 'alt', but I hate this name 'horizen', WTF is that about? Seems that ZEN has gone marketing heavy, sad indeed, they used to have the best team in terms of TECH, now they seem to be re-deploying their missiles towards marketing, that's something that company's only do when they  know their TECH has no future, ...
Extending of brand and changing of logo was strategic move to avoid future potential problems.
Also we are distancing our project from ZCash, we are not only cryptocurrencie, we have platform now Wink
New logo represents our values, qualities, and technology, it is attractive and versatile. ZenCash expanded their brand to reflect it’s direction with technology advancements and social innovations!

Here’s a bit more about our branding process: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JfjOPyGGZLVj7yIgrizpMcmOysE8pteJW3jS9N9SkSE/edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcR7gOAkZHY&t=1s

I'm not sure I'm understand you regarding your statement about marketing efforts.
In past main concern of community was lack of aggressive marketing.. Roll Eyes

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:44:43 PM

I'm really avoiding being involved in spaculations and this is not appropriate thread for this.
We could agree that all market is bearish, some projects suffered more, others less ?

"ZEN below $1 USD" Im not sure what your real intentions are?

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

I'm not sure you are familiar with this project, I must advise you to check few videos , so we can move on.

Horizen Sidechains: Decoupled Consensus Between Chain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzuJ48zyhKU&feature=youtu.be
https://www.horizen.global/assets/files/Horizen-Sidechains-Decoupled-Consensus-Between-Chains.pdf

51% Attack Mitigation Penalty System by Horizen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E99wpSZs6iM&feature=youtu.be
https://www.horizen.global/assets/files/A-Penalty-System-for-Delayed-Block-Submission-by-Horizen.pdf

Horizen and IOHK Partner for Research and Development
https://youtu.be/fGzhJkAnUmQ
https://youtu.be/QXez338kg-8

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 01:20:38 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2018, 01:55:26 PM by MedaR

So what is your opinion of the super-node? I think the current secure-node is ok, maybe the secure-node will pay for itself, mining sure as hell don't pay,

Now with the antminer for zcash, there is no point of mining, even if you have one of those boxes, let alone graphics cards,

ZEN will go south of $1, and I will pickup the 500 and setup a super-secure node for the hell of it,

With regards to "HORIZEN" the problem I have with that name is that HORIZEN is the dumbest, worst, most unsafe airline in the USA, why would you want to name your 'coin' after a loser that hires morons to fly and maintain airplanes?

It goes to show that TEAM-ZEN wasn't interested in marketing, that they brought in 'experts' who gave them a kardashian 'makeover', and left them with HIV,

Hey first rule in TECH is "If it works, don't fix it", I think before the marketing BULLSHIT began, ZEN was cool, now its like positioning itself for what? Morons? Newbs? Losers?

Early on ZEN, had it right focus on privacy/security, but then some test marketing people came in and said "This is not what sells", "Sex Sells", so now you have Horizen, the sexy new-millenial coin, just like their website, its clear that most of their 'work' goes into marketing and that damn website, how about some back-end coding guys? I now that brought out super-node, but really they need to step back to what got traction, and stick with that,

The corporation don't want security or privacy, they want open transactions, so everybody can see what you buy, where your at, ... blah-blah, ZEN bought its market-share on the promise of PRIVACY, and now they're telling us that its no longer important, now they're telling us that WHORE-CIA-ZEN is just plain sexy.

They say that MONERO/ZCASH is used by al-cia-duh, but ISIS is CIA, the ZEN people are cool because they come from NAVY-INTEL, which are every bit as smart as CIA or NSA; The potential is here don't screw-up ZEN with panzy bs.

Regarding rebrand I have posted "all about", few posts above.

We have T and Z transactions, so users can choose, but don't forget that Privacy is your right so you should have a choice at least.

Horizen is open for all, but we are trying to simplify it for ordinary users and this will be probably be done with our new flagship wallet.

Horizen has more nodes than any other project on market, Horizen is platform and those nodes will be used for applications built on side chains.

Your statement regarding TECH is completely false, TECH without improvements is destined to be obsolete. Tomorrow it won't be important who was the first, you have various example from history, and many technologies from past are improved by others more sucesfull companies..

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:16:03 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2018, 06:35:32 PM by MedaR

https://blog.zencash.com/flagship-app-naming-competition/?utm_source=blog&utm_medium=social&utm_content=competition&utm_campaign=flagshipappnaming

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:34:40 PM

Voting ends on 20:00 CET on 30th novembe, please support ZEN!

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:37:48 PM

Ghana Telecom University Kumasi Horizen Cryptocurrency Meetup Hosted by Bra Francis.

You can rent this space
LeGaulois
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 4088

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:47:49 PM

Congrats to the 2 winners. $50 in credits to buy a Horizen Tshirt to be cryptoswag. Cheesy
"Shere" and "Radix" are 2 good suggestions but Sphere fits better to Horizen and its App.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 10:10:22 PM

I'm really avoiding being involved in spaculations and this is not appropriate thread for this.
We could agree that all market is bearish, some projects suffered more, others less ?

"ZEN below $1 USD" Im not sure what your real intentions are?

But if this happens I will get a secure node

Today got breakfast for ZEN

Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: