Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design  (Read 217131 times)
finpunk

Activity: 98
Merit: 37

Technologies Designed to Liberate the World

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:46:55 AM

Nano S  Ledger support and running a masternode + recommended hardware requirement
When will there be Nano S Ledger support and will you be able to run a masternode from the Ledger address?
I installed a MN during test on a VPS 20GB 1 GB, but never took the last step to run a secure node. (want my coins to be secure) +  What is the recommended VPS you will need. 4GB  or is a 1GB node with swapfile enough for all the tasks (ahead). Thx

Nano S support should be some time after January, AFAIK they are aiming to have it coded by the end of January then it needs to be submitted to Ledger to do their thing.

You'll be able to run a node with your stake in the Ledger because you only need your t-address when setting it up (no private key needed).

ATM I run my nodes on Linode and found 1GB RAM wasn't enough (after the first week on mainnet) I'm running 2GB RAM with 4GB SSD swap ATM and they work fine.

Exactly, we're targeting end of month: https://trello.com/c/YqDMF52B/7-ledger-wallet-integration

Any updates will be reflected in the Trello board right away, and i also encourage everyone to come hang on Discord to stay plugged in with team and community chatter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:43:00 AM

The rise of Bitcoin Private is really a bad news for this project. It is gonna wipe out ZCash and ZEN.

Lol 1 dev fork with bad past into splitting coin and never work on his fork always abandoning it...

except saying zcash + btc 'technology' 'game changer' what he does is simply total hype and newbies with -200 IQ fall for it , BTCP have nothing relevant,new,worked or game changer except the way noob fall for shit now and how malicious dev profit those situation.

Keep your eyes on Zen this is the next big thing,no hype,continual work,progress and achievement ,we have good communication with beweekly live video since beggining of zen,rebrand,dao smart contract etc etc future is bright here  Grin

gemme all your zen if you're not happy I accept donation; znTZ95FJZey59d6MRekUipoMbbgnaZjzetG  Grin Grin

Zec; 500$ no node,only work on core
zcl; 200$ exact copy of zec without funder %
xzc; 100$ node,some extra work + hype from roger ver
zen; 50$ node, wider work on every aspect + free place for a whale emplacement

Get your ticket now lady

LOL, if the features you're listing and a low price entry was to be considered 'strengths' and potential for huge growth, most of the top crypto including btc, eth, ltc etc must be worthless, right? And bch should be zero? You seem to be underestimating the power of brand perception.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:29:45 AM

Nano S  Ledger support and running a masternode + recommended hardware requirement
When will there be Nano S Ledger support and will you be able to run a masternode from the Ledger address?
I installed a MN during test on a VPS 20GB 1 GB, but never took the last step to run a secure node. (want my coins to be secure) +  What is the recommended VPS you will need. 4GB  or is a 1GB node with swapfile enough for all the tasks (ahead). Thx
We call them Secure Nodes ->
https://blog.zensystem.io/secure-nodes-why-are-they-important/

One of the requirements for running a node is:
Must maintain a balance of at least 42 ZEN in a 'stake' transparent address.
This is an address in your possession, not on server, so Nano Ledger will be probably best solutions for storing zen.

I have opened this thread earlier to collect experiences so they can help others for making decisions.
https://forum.zensystem.io/t/where-are-you-hosting-a-zen-secure-node/709

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:47:12 AM

most "Z" coins are growing at the markets today but Zcash.
Any problems that should be known?

No clue why we're decoupled from the other privacy coins, everything is quite health on our side...solid team, big partnerships, cutting edge R&D, and awesome community...

because you forgot that marketing is the most important thing. Coin with only promises (marketing only like now zcl fork) can be for some time (sometimes long time Smiley more valuable then such project like zencash - where is "everything" but smart and effective marketing.

Search in google, youtube, facebook popular group .... for privacy coin - you will see that people know and suggest everything but zencash Sad See popular reviews, popular comparison videos with for example 50-200k views...  So people do not know about zencash as privacy coin.... so they also don't know that this platform isn't only privacy coin. Simple. Good that there were PBC and McAfee suggestion so price isn't 10$-$15 like would be without these suggestions Sad
Marketing is important yes but we are still in beta testings do not forget this. We don't use false promises, we don't want to cause pump and dump schemes with our behavior, nor we want our investors get burnt in those games. We are more focused on stady rise.

I think i have already explained this, everyone who knows how to help can do a proposal and even get funds for helping our project, even become member of Team or Team Leader in his region. Join Now!

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:57:47 AM

over 5k nodes are running,

reallly great network, I think.  Cheesy Cheesy

Yes this number really surprised us!  Smiley

You can rent this space
ralukony

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:59:53 AM

reallly great network, I think.  Cheesy Cheesy

Yes this number really surprised us!  Smiley

so..if i have 42 zen i can still get in to manage myself also a node? initially it was about 1k of nodes if i remember corectly.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:13:17 AM

reallly great network, I think.  Cheesy Cheesy

Yes this number really surprised us!  Smiley

so..if i have 42 zen i can still get in to manage myself also a node? initially it was about 1k of nodes if i remember corectly.
Yes you can set up as many as you like!

Secure Node Criteria
Each of the following criteria must be met and maintained for a Secure Node to be eligible to recieve a share of the reward pool.These items may be added to or modified at any time.

Must maintain a balance of at least 42 ZEN in a 'stake' transparent address
Must maintain a minimum balance of .001 ZEN in a private address on the node for challenges
Must be available with minimal exception time for at least 92% of an earning period (appox. 1 day)
Must perform a challenge in under 300 seconds
Allow 8 or more peers by allowing public connections on the configured zen port (default 9033)
Must maintain a valid public SSL cert properly configured for zen
Must not fall behind the current block height by more than 4 blocks
Must update to current versions of the zen and/or tracker software within the posted time frame

ZenCash Secure Nodes Create a Distributed and Reliable CryptoCurrency System
https://blog.zensystem.io/secure-nodes-why-are-they-important/

Here is calculator -> https://zen.lebre.net/  
Statistics and number of nodes online curently->
https://securenodes.eu.zensystem.io/

All informations about how to setup node->

https://blockoperations.com/how-to-build-and-operate-a-zencash-secure-node/
https://blockoperations.com/build-zencash-secure-node-part-1-prepare-vps/
https://blockoperations.com/build-zencash-secure-node-part-2-build-zen-node/
https://blockoperations.com/build-zencash-secure-node-part-2-5-test-tls-secnodetracker/

Please join discord  https://discordapp.com/invite/CEbKY9w  channel #securenodes there you will find help, and tecnical support.

HOW TO RUN A ZENCASH SECURE NODE!

https://youtu.be/orU1yuLq8cQ?t=334

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 10:48:59 AM

Zencash is one more sleeper
I like this  Smiley

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7om3zm/top_4_alt_investments_for_this_week_etc_qash_zen/

You can rent this space
vrap.pm

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:43:34 AM

Can we expect in the future the incorporation of a feature like atomic swap for main coins like bitcoin, litecoin or even ADA?
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:15:19 PM

Can we expect in the future the incorporation of a feature like atomic swap for main coins like bitcoin, litecoin or even ADA?
Yes we can expect such features in the future.

You can rent this space
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:36:16 PM

I want to leave a big thank you for the support the Zen Group provides on Discord when it comes to Secure Node Setup and solving potential issues. I will try to "repay" the favour and help other fellow supporters so that they don't make the same mistakes.

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
finpunk

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 09:04:59 PM

I would certainly think so; we're watching the tech now and will be looking to incorporate when it's more mature. Our dev and R&D teams are working other projects atm, but something we can cycle back to quickly if needed. Definitely a big fan of decentralized exchange...it's an idea whose time has come!
finpunk

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 09:06:54 PM

I want to leave a big thank you for the support the Zen Group provides on Discord when it comes to Secure Node Setup and solving potential issues. I will try to "repay" the favour and help other fellow supporters so that they don't make the same mistakes.

That's awesome to hear, and thanks for paying it forward :-)
JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:43:40 PM

One only thing it could be improved is the procedure to create a node - too complicate at the moment. I have the necessary coins for that but I cannot afford spending days trying to understand how to do that.
You are right and we are working on this.
For now you can go to Discord channel and ask for help, somebody is always there to help you.

Discord invite https://discordapp.com/invite/SuaMBTb

Great, I will wait with great impatience that the process will got simpler, since I'm now devoting 100% of my time in making money with cryptos (and with some success) and I have too many things running in parallel and can't spend too much time on single issues Smiley

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 01:43:52 PM

Operation Radical Transparency

Decentralized governance is part of ZenCash's core model, and is a huge theme for 2018. We're launching Operation Radical Transparency, but what does this mean?
All community spending will be publicly available on a portal, then aggregated into spending categories.
Roles and responsibilities: having the right people in the right role.
Research & Development: a voting treasury system which is censorship resistant by applying game theory research for optimal voting mechanisms.
Large developer teams around the world working on projects in parallel, which will be shown on the new website (coming very soon).
Decentralized liquidity through more exchange listings.
DAG scalability study to upgrade blockchains and scale exponentially.

http://mailchi.mp/zensystem.io/operationradicaltransparancy1

You can rent this space
finpunk

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 04:46:33 PM

Of all the things we're doing in 2018, Operation Radical Transparency could be one of the simplest, but highest impact things we do. My hope is that we create a standard for the entire industry to start self regulating...introducing higher ethical standards, real transparency, and accountability. From that should flow a whole bunch of efficiency gains because we'll actually be able to track what we're doing and learning as we go...you can't improve something you can't measure, and I don't know of any projects in this industry actually measuring resource inputs mapped against productivity outputs.
KTS4GR

Activity: 36
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 05:06:02 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 05:22:44 PM by KTS4GR

Glad you're posting here finpunk. It all helps.

I understand the tech comes first as it should, but in a market absolutely flooded with news, coins, projects, drama, ignorance and deceit tech alone barely speaks for itself.  Most people don't understand bitcoin, then most the people that understand the gist of bitcoin barely get privacy coins or care.  Currently we're left with a subset of a subset of a smaller subset as a base.  Some serious effective marketing and touting the WHY of the tech needs to be blasted out there.  No exaggerations, no BS pumps just simple explanations of why this project can be the best in the space.

Unless I'm just out of the loop and there IS a huge push planned to market once a soft re brand or jump in features happens something needs to be done there.  I understand not wanting to be considered a pump and dump. But there's an effective middle ground where hyping and spreading the word of real tech, real goals achieved and a realistic road map can achieve marketing goals without ever labeling the project as pumped.

Marketing needs to have a trailing pace with the tech to keep up with the market.  It will simply be too hard to leap frog or legitimately compete with older leaders once certain levels of maturation happen in the market share.  Gotta play both sides of the ball here.  Offense and defense.  

edit: even stuff like "Operation Radical Transparency" won't mean much if the viewing audience doesn't grow substantially.
jvper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:50:37 PM

I like the idea of evaluating the possibility of an evolution to DAG, although there will be a significant difficulty in applying ZK-SNARK into DAG. However I believe this team could do it.
Zendalet

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:39:20 PM

Operation Radical Transparency

Decentralized governance is part of ZenCash's core model, and is a huge theme for 2018. We're launching Operation Radical Transparency, but what does this mean?
All community spending will be publicly available on a portal, then aggregated into spending categories.
Research & Development: a voting treasury system which is censorship resistant by applying game theory research for optimal voting mechanisms.
Large developer teams around the world working on projects in parallel, which will be shown on the new website (coming very soon).

http://mailchi.mp/zensystem.io/operationradicaltransparancy1

I feel like that could be the start of a model for the first blockchain government. I am very curious if that kind of research can lead to taxation and public expenditure reforms.
pubix

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:29:13 PM

Quick update:

2018 is going to be 'The Year of Expansion,' and we're working as fast as we can to bring you new exchange listings, iOS apps, domain fronting, distributed file storage, and so much more. Below are the highlights touching on what's to come.

All ideas are being refined, and the project plans will be shared in the next coming weeks.

For more details watch co-founder, Rob Viglione, discuss decentralized governance at the Cryptocurrency World Expo in Warsaw 2017.

Secure Node Payments have started, and we're working our way through payments from December 15th, so expect yours soon. Please have patience as we work through the system. For a full update, view our blog post: Secure Node Beta Payment Update.

Over 5,000 secure nodes are registered! Keep track on our secure node tracking app.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: