Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:03:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design  (Read 217125 times)
pops87

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:34:21 AM

Bittrex updated the logo!  Grin
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:07:04 AM

Missed the 7 Feb ZenCash Biweekly? Check out the summary

https://www.reddit.com/r/ZenSys/comments/7wa9s0/zencash_biweekly_summary_feb_7th/

You can rent this space
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:16:33 AM

Any news about the project of making the process of node-setting more easy to achieve for everybody - and not just for computer freaks and nerds?
If you need help we can help you on discord channel. This technology is very complicated, and it is not easy to be simplified, requires minimal knowledge in linux, linux is recognized as most secure sistem. We will work on usability but we must ask for patience in this case.

Yes, the problem is that at the moment I have only a windows PC available for that. I had read that it was possible also on Windows but I didn't really find a way.

makecurrency

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:24:55 AM

I want to mine this coin by CPU. Have anyone tools for me?
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:11:46 PM

I want to mine this coin by CPU. Have anyone tools for me?
This is not recommended, wasting of time. We have same algo as Zcash so use this as reference:
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/guides/how-to-mine-zcash-with-gpu-and-cpu/

You can rent this space
CryptoWaffle

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:44:53 PM

Ultimately we need to make nodes super simple to set up and maintain with the click of a button. That's the vision...

With 6926 nodes and a estimated earning of 0.0369 ZEN/day,  That works out to $41.84 a month gross.  Subtract the $10 per month for the VPS because zend needs 2gig of ram to run.  I might make $31 this month providing I don't get anymore "challenge exceed the max run time".

I am convinced that the nodes are simple enough, if not too simple.  There are already 6925 other people that have figured it out.

the devs run at lest 3000 nodes and many of us have more than 30 nodes. So its a lot less than 6925 nodes.

Great project but the sn part is a disaster for people who run them. Lots of time to managed them for almost no rewards. Epic fail IMO.
andrei1982

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Abandon all hope — Ye Who Enter Here

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:37:19 PM

how this coin is different from digitalnote ? XDN also has privacy messages,privacy transactions ? i do like zen and start mining it but fail to understand the project
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:04:09 AM

how this coin is different from digitalnote ? XDN also has privacy messages,privacy transactions ? i do like zen and start mining it but fail to understand the project
1. First noticeable difference Zen never been ICO, nor premine, It started as chainsplit from ZCL. XDN is based on cryptonotes and changed name couple of times. I would rather chose Monero.

2. ZenCash Team is transparent and visible, we have biweekly updates and you can talk with team and ask questions.
       Join our discord channel, and you will notice difference

3.   88% (190,080 ZEN per month) - miner solving POW algorithm
      3.5% (7,560 ZEN per month) - secure node operators, distributed evenly based on
       qualified uptime
       8.5% ( 18,360 ZEN per month)- ZenCash treasury. Used to support and improve ZenCash.
       On the long run ZenCash will have funds for frther development and marketing.

4. Please read more about IOHK cooperation, you can find it in OP same as Road map.

5. There have over 6800 Secure Nodes which makes most reliable and the most secure network in the Crypto World.
     And those nodes in the future can find additional purposes.

Did you ever watched Robert Viglione speaking?
ZenCash Decentralized Governance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taorEyolAic

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:20:50 AM

the devs run at lest 3000 nodes and many of us have more than 30 nodes. So its a lot less than 6925 nodes.

Great project but the sn part is a disaster for people who run them. Lots of time to managed them for almost no rewards. Epic fail IMO.
This simple is not true, every system in the start has some downsides, in case of ZenCash we had to review manually every node payment, to be sure. Now this process of payments is almost weekly as promised.  There are Team - people on discord who helping others with problematic Nodes, and server problems.

"Epic fail" is reserved for something that doesn't work, nodes are alive and well, at this momet there are 6900+ Nodes.

Yes small obstacle is the complexity of creating of Secure Node (For those who are not so familiar with Linux), we will work on this to simplify this process, or at least to provide better support.

You can rent this space
finpunk

Activity: 98
Merit: 37

Technologies Designed to Liberate the World

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:10:03 PM

Hello, guys! I'm watching for your project since summer. And I started to mine your currency few months ago, now I have enough of Zen to make few secure nodes. Today I had a conversation with one person, I recommended him to mine Zen and hold it till next bulls trend. However, when I told him about your project, he asked me about how ZenCash will compete with upcoming TON (Telegram's blockchain project)? I've read about their network and realize that it will be almost the same as yours - secure transactions, messenger, storage and anonymizer. What do you think about it?
Interesting, i will investigate, competition however is not a sin. Actually it is good for progress.
If you are interesting for setuping node join discord channel so we can help you if help is needed.
Thank you for your feedback. I agree that competition is a great thing, and I hope that Zen will win. I'm really like your project and professional team and wish you all the best!
I think, I will definitely need help for setuping a node, I never done that before and never used Linux. So, I'll contact discord channel soon  Grin

This is a great question about how we're going to compete with all of the projects in our space, Telegram being the highest profile new entrant. Reorg'ing, building an awesome team and unleashing them productively, learning from our competition, and relentlessly improving and iterating to find our niche(s) should help. The world needs more privacy projects so I'm glad to see the new competition...we'll learn from them, i'm sure they'll learn from us if we do our job right, and society should benefit either way. We're just at the start of this industry and there's many trillions of dollars worth of value to create across industries around the world...i'm sure we'll find our niche regardless of who enters the space.
finpunk

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:13:22 PM

This simple is not true, every system in the start has some downsides, in case of ZenCash we had to review manually every node payment, to be sure. Now this process of payments is almost weekly as promised.  There are Team - people on discord who helping others with problematic Nodes, and server problems.

"Epic fail" is reserved for something that doesn't work, nodes are alive and well, at this momet there are 6900+ Nodes.

Yes small obstacle is the complexity of creating of Secure Node (For those who are not so familiar with Linux), we will work on this to simplify this process, or at least to provide better support.

Not to mention that we've already paid out something like 10,000 ZEN = ~$400,000 to sec node operators in 6 weeks...wouldn't call that an "epic fail" by any means. If it were, we wouldn't have ~7,000 sec nodes operating today. And no, we don't run any nodes as an organization. Everyone on the team is free to run their own nodes, and many of us do, but nowhere close to 3,000 of them.
finpunk

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:17:00 PM

Ultimately we need to make nodes super simple to set up and maintain with the click of a button. That's the vision...

With 6926 nodes and a estimated earning of 0.0369 ZEN/day,  That works out to $41.84 a month gross.  Subtract the $10 per month for the VPS because zend needs 2gig of ram to run.  I might make $31 this month providing I don't get anymore "challenge exceed the max run time".

I am convinced that the nodes are simple enough, if not too simple.  There are already 6925 other people that have figured it out.

Good, glad you think running sec nodes are easy...a lot of people don't. What you see today with services sec nodes perform--mainly offering encrypted comm link via TLS, processing txs and hosting full blockchain--are just the start. Plan is to build out services in almost an a la carte type of menu so node operators have additional income opportunities and the network has more value. As we layer on complexity, it'd help a lot to offer simple software products that maintain high quality standards.
CryptoWaffle

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:46:33 PM

never said a single word about the payments, not sure why you are even talking about this, yes it was a failure but only because it took way too look to start giving rewards to the people who helped building and testing the secure nodes.

The epic failure is the devs running way too many nodes , the challenges system and the silly rewards for all the trouble/time/cost node admins have.

Community or not, the whole PoW and nodes systems are based on rewards and when there is no money for the miners or the node owners, the coin fail. The sad part in this system is when devs are running so many nodes that they dont have to care for other investors, thats something they cant do with mining, thank god for Zencash.
CryptoWaffle

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:50:02 PM

Not to mention that we've already paid out something like 10,000 ZEN = ~$400,000 to sec node operators in 6 weeks...wouldn't call that an "epic fail" by any means. If it were, we wouldn't have ~7,000 sec nodes operating today. And no, we don't run any nodes as an organization. Everyone on the team is free to run their own nodes, and many of us do, but nowhere close to 3,000 of them.

good to know the devs are fine with this, oh wait...
CryptoWaffle

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:06:20 PM

oh and yes, 3000, probably even more, so you devs must be happy to get more than half of this, well done ! Decentralization power !  Cheesy
Makleyhill

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:26:34 PM

ZenCash Bi-Weekly Update Live Stream 7 Feb, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UatBoiozpIM
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:26:58 PM

oh and yes, 3000, probably even more, so you devs must be happy to get more than half of this, well done ! Decentralization power !  Cheesy
I'm not sure what are you trying to do here, where did you got this silly information? You probably didn't understand Rob. When he told "we paid" he means from 3.5% allocated funds for Secure Node payments.  We as team believe in what we are doing here so it is normal to have some of those nodes,  right?  

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:04:47 PM

The epic failure is the devs running way too many nodes , the challenges system and the silly rewards for all the trouble/time/cost node admins have.

Community or not, the whole PoW and nodes systems are based on rewards and when there is no money for the miners or the node owners, the coin fail. The sad part in this system is when devs are running so many nodes that they dont have to care for other investors, thats something they cant do with mining, thank god for Zencash.
We are still under Beta testings , and tweekings on system are taking place, what is wrong with this? Maybe you expected much more from this (Dash Scenario?), but it is still earlly, and we are early adopters, and we should be patiante.
Popularity of this concept is evident, number of nodes is real and increasing.  

How there is no money for miners? Price is still good, suffered BTC fall but whole Crypto market had problems.

Running a Node is still profitable->

You can rent this space
BASiC1

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:17:49 PM

I'm not sure what are you trying to do here, where did you got this silly information? You probably didn't understand Rob. When he told "we paid" he means from 3.5% allocated funds for Secure Node payments.  We as team believe in what we are doing here so it is normal to have some of those nodes,  right?  

Don't waste your time with this kid... Always the same irrational & non constructive post here.
ALL the ZENcash team are doing an amazing job and i'm proud & impressed to put my grain of sand by nodes and mining from day 1.
Keep up !
finpunk

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 11:47:56 AM

Don't waste your time with this kid... Always the same irrational & non constructive post here.
ALL the ZENcash team are doing an amazing job and i'm proud & impressed to put my grain of sand by nodes and mining from day 1.
Keep up !

Seriously! Not sure where to even start with this nonsense. Just didn't want others to be confused so i figured i'd chime in before, but best to ignore the trolls after clarifying the mistakes once. Thanks for the support!
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: