Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:29:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZEN] Horizen: Unbounded By Design  (Read 217125 times)
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 01:15:05 PM

Will the website get a new design too with the logo? What about the zen products their name will be changed?
Hi LeGaulois

This is all I have for now, but please stay tuned for the next biweekly update, there will be more informations Wink

Curious about the brand expansion? Read more here!

https://blog.zencash.com/zencash-brand-expansion/

You can rent this space

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 07:43:17 PM

I suppose the change is to enlarge the Zen platform and after taking the community propositions in consideration.
dmwardjr
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318

Technical Analyst/Trader

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:59:53 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2018, 04:25:25 PM by dmwardjr

The brand expansion sounds great and all.

What about ASIC Resistance?

The Discord ASIC Resistance Channel is spammed to a point of making it inconvenient for a developer to respond to my questions.  I ask for an update and if they have used PROG Proof of Work on a Test Net but NO response; NO update; nothing!

I honestly don't want to interrupt developers and let them do their job rather than spend their time responding to guys like myself who's asking for an update regarding their work on ASIC Resistance.  If a developer wanted to even find my question to them about ASIC Resistance, they would have to comb through at least one hundred posts in the ASIC Resistance forum on Discord.  That takes valuable time away from developers to actually work on ASIC Resistance.

Bottom Line:  The ASIC Resistance forum on Discord is full of spam from Pro ASIC and Anti ASIC rhetoric that allows no convenient communication with developers in a meaningful and profitable way for all of those involved in the discussion.

MedaR,

It certainly would be helpful if you could find out some kind of update for us, please.  It would be nice if you could keep us updated on ASIC Resistance WHILE allowing developers to do their work on ASIC Resistance; if they are actually doing any work in that regard.

Is there a team devoted solely to development on ASIC Resistance?  If so, where are they at this point?  If no team appointed, then why not?

Can you please ask the creator of the Discord server for ZEN to create a forum ONLY FOR CONFIRMED DEVELOPERS?  This way they can post updates on ASIC Resistance WHILE BLOCKING others who are not developers from spamming the forum.

Updates PLEASE...

Follow me on Trading View for excellent signals in Bitcoin/US dollar - Bitstamp - https://www.tradingview.com/u/WyckoffMode/.  You can follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ModeWyckoff My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8IbhpQwrTD6BozJPWnyAHA  My Discord Invite Link: https://discord.com/invite/3EJYTytaTT  My Website is in LIVE BETA: https://wyckoffmode.com/
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:34:59 PM

The Discord ASIC Resistance Channel is spammed to a point of making it inconvenient for a developer to respond to my questions.  I ask for an update and if they have used PROG Proof of Work on a Test Net but NO response; NO update; nothing!

I honestly don't want to interrupt developers and let them do their job rather than spend their time responding to guys like myself who's asking for an update regarding their work on ASIC Resistance.  If a developer wanted to even find my question to them about ASIC Resistance, they would have to comb through at least one hundred posts in the ASIC Resistance forum on Discord.  That takes valuable time away from developers to actually work on ASIC Resistance.

Bottom Line:  The ASIC Resistance forum on Discord is full of spam from Pro ASIC and Anti ASIC rhetoric that allows no convenient communication with developers in a meaningful and profitable way for all of those involved in the discussion.

MedaR,

It certainly would be helpful if you could find out some kind of update for us, please.  It would be nice if you could keep us updated on ASIC Resistance WHILE allowing developers to do their work on ASIC Resistance; if they are actually doing any work in that regard.

Is there a team devoted solely to development on ASIC Resistance?  If so, where are they at this point?  If no team appointed, then why not?

Can you please ask the creator of the Discord server for ZEN to create a forum ONLY FOR CONFIRMED DEVELOPERS?  This way they can post updates on ASIC Resistance WHILE BLOCKING others who are not developers from spamming the forum.

Updates PLEASE...

If you piece together the clues from the official announcement and the talk on the ASIC Resistance discord channel, you will know that the devs and moderators have weighed in on this subject.  Here's what I have gleaned...

• Switching parameters on Equihash will only slow down ASIC adoption.  Innosilicon indicated that they could adapt to new parameters like BTG had... could be done relatively quickly... my best guess is that this would be in the fall of 2018 as the ZEN team only wants to do major hardfork activities once a quarter
  • Switching to a new POW algorithm will take a lot of work, and nothing public has been mentioned about this.  This would take many months of preparation... my best guess would be 2019 before it could happen
  • There is currently no DEV team working on "ASIC resistance"... my best guess is because the issue is not settled
  • IF ZEC did do something to slow down ASIC adoption, or implement a new POW algorithm then it would be much easier for the ZEN team to port in that codebase.  One can see a lot of wisdom here, where the ZEN developers can focus on features and let the ZEC team come up with a algorithm change... the risk here is that ZEC decides to do nothing and my best guess would be that this would also be 2019

So... at best something could be done in the Fall of 2018.  The middle road is to do their own POW which would be 2019.  The best scenario for ZEN is that ZEC saves the day... again in 2019.  Worst case is that nothing changes, and the ZEN team realizes that ASIC resistance is futile, and embraces the benefits that ASICs bring to your algorithm like better security against 51% attacks.
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:10:12 PM

MedaR,

Updates PLEASE...

If you piece together the clues from the official announcement and the talk on the ASIC Resistance discord channel, you will know that the devs and moderators have weighed in on this subject.  Here's what I have gleaned...

• Switching parameters on Equihash will only slow down ASIC adoption.  Innosilicon indicated that they could adapt to new parameters like BTG had... could be done relatively quickly... my best guess is that this would be in the fall of 2018 as the ZEN team only wants to do major hardfork activities once a quarter
  • Switching to a new POW algorithm will take a lot of work, and nothing public has been mentioned about this.  This would take many months of preparation... my best guess would be 2019 before it could happen
  • There is currently no DEV team working on "ASIC resistance"... my best guess is because the issue is not settled
  • IF ZEC did do something to slow down ASIC adoption, or implement a new POW algorithm then it would be much easier for the ZEN team to port in that codebase.  One can see a lot of wisdom here, where the ZEN developers can focus on features and let the ZEC team come up with a algorithm change... the risk here is that ZEC decides to do nothing and my best guess would be that this would also be 2019

So... at best something could be done in the Fall of 2018.  The middle road is to do their own POW which would be 2019.  The best scenario for ZEN is that ZEC saves the day... again in 2019.  Worst case is that nothing changes, and the ZEN team realizes that ASIC resistance is futile, and embraces the benefits that ASICs bring to your algorithm like better security against 51% attacks.
I just seen this post on zen forum and seems promising https://forum.zencash.com/t/is-144-5-fork-going-to-happen-in-the-near-future/2143/4
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:33:48 PM

@dmwardjr @puwaha

MedaR,

Updates PLEASE...

If you piece together the clues from the official announcement and the talk on the ASIC Resistance discord channel, you will know that the devs and moderators have weighed in on this subject.  Here's what I have gleaned...

• Switching parameters on Equihash will only slow down ASIC adoption.  Innosilicon indicated that they could adapt to new parameters like BTG had... could be done relatively quickly... my best guess is that this would be in the fall of 2018 as the ZEN team only wants to do major hardfork activities once a quarter
  • Switching to a new POW algorithm will take a lot of work, and nothing public has been mentioned about this.  This would take many months of preparation... my best guess would be 2019 before it could happen
  • IF ZEC did do something to slow down ASIC adoption, or implement a new POW algorithm then it would be much easier for the ZEN team to port in that codebase.  One can see a lot of wisdom here, where the ZEN developers can focus on features and let the ZEC team come up with a algorithm change... the risk here is that ZEC decides to do nothing and my best guess would be that this would also be 2019

So... at best something could be done in the Fall of 2018.  The middle road is to do their own POW which would be 2019.  The best scenario for ZEN is that ZEC saves the day... again in 2019.  Worst case is that nothing changes, and the ZEN team realizes that ASIC resistance is futile, and embraces the benefits that ASICs bring to your algorithm like better security against 51% attacks.
I just seen this post on zen forum and seems promising https://forum.zencash.com/t/is-144-5-fork-going-to-happen-in-the-near-future/2143/4
I hope this post reflects our position in best way. I understand that this is not an exact answer and i know this does not satisfies everyone but this is best we can say for now. As soon as I get an update on ASICs topic I wil gladly post it here as well.

- > https://forum.zencash.com/t/is-144-5-fork-going-to-happen-in-the-near-future/2143/4

You can rent this space
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:44:34 PM

While we're on track with our Q3 road map goals, we'd love to hear which of our recent accomplishments is your favorite.
 Please vote below and comment if you don't see your choice Cool

https://twitter.com/zencashofficial/status/1026472086519406598

You can rent this space
Babber

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:13:48 PM

Guys, please someone tell me, how is it still possible that the full client for Windows still does not support encryption of the wallet.dat file?! IMHO this should be there in version 0.0.0.1 alpha. Am I misunderstanding something obvious here? I have been waiting for this very trivial feature provided by all other cryptos that I know, but still, on GitHub there is still the same security warning: no encryption! Please, tell me there is a good reason for this, even though I cannot imagine yet what that could possibly be.
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:21:20 PM

Guys, please someone tell me, how is it still possible that the full client for Windows still does not support encryption of the wallet.dat file?! IMHO this should be there in version 0.0.0.1 alpha. Am I misunderstanding something obvious here? I have been waiting for this very trivial feature provided by all other cryptos that I know, but still, on GitHub there is still the same security warning: no encryption! Please, tell me there is a good reason for this, even though I cannot imagine yet what that could possibly be.
This is certanly not an trivial thing!
The issue comes from the original Zcash code where due to "stability problems", wallet encryption was disabled.
 https://github.com/zcash/zcash/issues/2011

Vaklinov (Dev) commented on 18 Nov 2017
"The ZEN private keys are stored in the wallet.dat file by the ZEN core node and it does not yet support encryption at file level. For that matter ZCash does not support encryption yet either... Encryption will surely be supported in the future."

One ZEN wallet that already supports encryption is Arizen:
https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/arizen

You can rent this space
Babber

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:35:54 PM

This is certanly not an trivial thing!
The issue comes from the original Zcash code where due to "stability problems", wallet encryption was disabled.
 https://github.com/zcash/zcash/issues/2011

Vaklinov (Dev) commented on 18 Nov 2017

The ZEN private keys are stored in the wallet.dat file by the ZEN core node and it does not yet support encryption at file level. For that matter ZCash does not support encryption yet either... Encryption will surely be supported in the future.

One ZEN wallet that already supports encryption is Arizen:
https://github.com/ZencashOfficial/arizen

So that issue, you are referring to was posted first in January 2017! And ever since wallet encryption couldn't be solved? It was supposed to be disabled temporarily, right? Then when will it be fixed? In 2020? I am not working on the field but encrypting a bunch of strings with a password does not seem to be a very sophisticated thing to do. especially that it is already implemented in so many applications nowadays, you even password protect your HBO subscription, and exactly this privacy oriented wallet client that supposed to safeguard your savings cannot be password protected. I find it very starnge.

Btw, if someone wants to make use the privacy features of the Z addresses, the full wallet is better suited for this, than Arizen. Arizen is not a replacement for the full wallet, it is only an alternative with advantages and downsides to it.
CryptoWaffle

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:37:19 PM

MedaR,

Updates PLEASE...

blue is so much better than red ! Only a real man would have the audacity to use red AND THEN blue. Your parents must be proud (so are the Zencash fans like me!).
Well done

Cheesy Grin
finpunk

Activity: 98
Merit: 37

Technologies Designed to Liberate the World

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:51:36 PM
Merited by MedaR (5)

MedaR,

Updates PLEASE...

hey apologize for the seeming clutter / chaos in the Discord channel, just shows how contentious this can be and how passionate some folks are about their perspectives.

long story short, #1 priority is successful 51% attack mitigation--hands down most important thing to implement immediately--next up is ASIC res issue. all the usual suspects on the table as far as options go--param shift, new algo, or do nothing. Good news is that 51% code is done and looks good under internal review and testing, looking to release to public testnet next Monday. Depending how all that goes, dev resources will rotate to ASIC issue.

hope this provides some clarification, though i know folks are waiting for something firm. sometimes holding real options in reserve while focusing on other priorities ends up being the best strategy.
Anarchist

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 07:19:36 PM

While we're on track with our Q3 road map goals, we'd love to hear which of our recent accomplishments is your favorite.
 Please vote below and comment if you don't see your choice Cool

https://twitter.com/zencashofficial/status/1026472086519406598

Difficult to choose because the team did a good job this year so far. I vote for the DAO
belmix

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:55:09 AM

Fast-free zencash pool - https://zenmine.pro
Servers (USA, ASIA, EU) (reserve)
Port (Stratum): 9009
Port (SSL): 9999
Port (Z9x): 7777
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:57:20 AM

Listen to Rob banter economics with our friends from CryptoBasic

https://www.cryptobasicpodcast.com/home/gametheoryrt

You can rent this space
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 12:26:25 PM

ZenCash bill for Coffee in Kyiv Restaurant - Shato

https://steemit.com/crypto/@flodner/crypto-zencash-bill-for-coffee-in-kyiv-restaurant-shato

MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:17:22 PM

ZenCash is now the largest node network w/ nearly 16K nodes! This makes us resilient to hacks, power failures, & interference in our voting system. The network is integral in deploying dApps by harnessing large amounts of computational power & bandwidth.

https://zencash.com/technology/

You can rent this space
Babber

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

Is it possible to create a raw transaction on an on-line computer, then sign it on an off-line computer and then submit the signed trx on the on-line computer?
Thanks in advance.
MedaR
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:35:13 PM

Want the latest Zen updates? Clear your calendar for 1 pm EST tomorrow for our live, biweekly community call.

https://youtu.be/8LUG_PEXZoA

You can rent this space
Anarchist

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 08:57:57 PM

Nice Flodner. I know Paytomat starts to be popular in the East Eu countries and the Balkans. Hope to see it coming in the West in a near future
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: