Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for help 💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥  (Read 461 times)
goldkey0070 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 02:41:06 PM

I just dont have a artistic eye.... what can i add or improve to my site to gain more users? Here is the site

http://www.bitcoinfaucetexchange.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zbitco.in

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:13:46 PM

Wrong post in the wrong topic section.

Go to bitcoin discussions or development.
tungaqhd

Activity: 1540
Merit: 508

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:33:59 PM

First: Please remove auto play music, some peoples will be shocked if they have max volume, for me, i will not come back anymore
Second: Remove some extra banner from bee ads, put less banner, let people see the claim place when they visit your faucet
Finally: Make a responsive design Smiley
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2017, 07:09:38 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 09:41:23 AM by LTU_btc

Firstly, if you want to improve user experience, you need to remove autoplay videos. I agree with post above that may shock users who have max volume. And also, some people may not like your music taste Smiley
Now about payments. 20k satoshi treshold and payments to Xapo doesn't sounds very good. I think it would be better to lower treshold or remove it at all. And it would be good to allow users to choose, how to get paid. Not all people using Xapo, give them alternatives.

realdeanz

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:11:40 PM

You should stop the video from autoplaying. Also i'd advise you to use wordpress and make the site look abit less spammy and more mainstream. Focus on SEO which can be a great source of a ton of free traffic in the long run.
goldkey0070 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:50:37 AM

ok.... all faucets look spammy and im not sure how to create income otherwise.  auto play can be adjusted . be ads i agree needs to go. and this is the right section because its micro earning topic
robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 01:43:10 AM

Firstly, if you want to improve user experience, you need to remove autoplay videos. I agrew with post above that may shock users who have max volume. And also, some people may not like your music taste Smiley
Now about payments. 20k satoshi treshold and payments to Xapo doesn't sounds very good. I think it would be better to lower treshold or remove it at all. And it would be good to allow users to choose, how to get paid. Not all people using Xapo, give them analtetnatives.

I second the quoted post above... I find it very annoying when websites autoplay videos or sounds - the decision of whether content is played should be left to the user. If I'm having a bad day, I'll just exit the browser tab the site is in instantly.

If you are just starting out in web development, you should study up on HTML, CSS, and Javascript. Learn the basics of those, then move onto Bootstrap, JQuery, possibly another JS framework (Angular to start with, then maybe BackboneJS). I also highly recommend you look up principles of UX AND UI design - UX means user experience, and UI means user interface. My favourite guide when I was studying was Stephen Krug's 'Don't Make Me Think' - here, Dont Make Me Think means for the UI to be very usable and intuitive, in such a seamless way the user doesn't have to think how to use it. You can get it on Amazon @ https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Me-Think-Usability/dp/0321344758 (NOT a referral link or anything - feel free to remove if need be).

As a person who is primarily a back-end developer, I'm not the best to approach about front-end aspects; however, there are a top of awesome guides out there by those in the know. In saying that, I do enjoy working on the front end occasionally to increase my skills and to have a change in routine.

In addition to front-end aspects, you can also pick up server-side languages such as PHP, ASP.NET (C#), NodeJS, and a whole lot more.

When learning, try not to take short cuts - it is important you get good at the basics, as they will come in handy (in big ways) once you start tackling bigger challenges. While I took (and completed) a degree in Information Technology, word is you don't necessarily need to study in order to be a programmer (although it can be favoured among some employers). If you give your good friend Google a beer, they will help you find numerous online courses to guide you.

Also, once you have got going, create a GitHub account and start putting some projects up - people will see that you are being active etc, and have a passion of sorts for programming etc. My bitcoin rotator script is on GitHub; however, as I'm working on a much-better v2 version, I only work on the script if there are security fixes and general bugs that need attending to.

FYI: Laravel is by far my favourite PHP framework, with Bootstrap being very helpful to me as a back-end developer. Occasionally, I look at charting frameworks like DHTMLX, Google Charts, and HighCharts. I also develop on LAMP stacks most of the time; however, I have worked on MS-based servers before.

Anyway, that was bit of a mouthful... I just finished work and am in a typing mood. Let the above ferment in your mind, and lets see what you come up with in the time ahead Smiley.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 09:40:41 AM

Firstly, if you want to improve user experience, you need to remove autoplay videos. I agrew with post above that may shock users who have max volume. And also, some people may not like your music taste Smiley
Now about payments. 20k satoshi treshold and payments to Xapo doesn't sounds very good. I think it would be better to lower treshold or remove it at all. And it would be good to allow users to choose, how to get paid. Not all people using Xapo, give them analtetnatives.

I second the quoted post above... I find it very annoying when websites autoplay videos or sounds - the decision of whether content is played should be left to the user. If I'm having a bad day, I'll just exit the browser tab the site is in instantly.
Oh, did I really writted word which you bolded? It looks that I have to check my text more carefully before posting to avoid such typing mistakes :/
OP website is old and I remember he was asked to remove autoplay videos many times. But he didn't reacted to users suggests.

robattfield

Activity: 783
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:05:25 AM

Oh, did I really writted word which you bolded? It looks that I have to check my text more carefully before posting to avoid such typing mistakes :/
OP website is old and I remember he was asked to remove autoplay videos many times. But he didn't reacted to users suggests.

You sure did Tongue. I did it for a laugh really... One of my jobs is as a website content administrator, and I see these typos everywhere Smiley.

Edit: I see you corrected the spelling!
goldkey0070 (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:46:05 AM

instead of a music video what should be in its place or just shut off autoplay...  ill shut off autoplay for a month and see if it makes a diffrence
LTU_btc
Legendary

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:24:54 AM

instead of a music video what should be in its place or just shut off autoplay...  ill shut off autoplay for a month and see if it makes a diffrence

I think you can keep these music videos on your site, just turn off autoplay.

8ouch

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:56:55 AM

I think you can keep these music videos on your site, just turn off autoplay.

Yea I'm mostly annoyed with those autoplay videos. But if the music is relaxing I think it's better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: