Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:08:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gift For Kid  (Read 2134 times)
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:13:01 AM

I think the manufacturers are likely to be sued if they are sold in certain jurisdictions where gambling is strictly prohibited. I don't know where the OP is from but he can take legal actions against the company and have them correct the age limit on the item.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illusioNiZt

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 08:15:59 AM

This is wrong toy to gift to a child although its just a toy and no real gain/loss is acquired playing it but the kid will get to know about gambling which I think he/she doesn't need to but in the end its just a toy if you think it can be bad for your kid don't buy it.

crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 10:58:24 AM

This is wrong toy to gift to a child although its just a toy and no real gain/loss is acquired playing it but the kid will get to know about gambling which I think he/she doesn't need to but in the end its just a toy if you think it can be bad for your kid don't buy it.
It's better to give normal toys or whether toys that kids would really enjoy instead of something like that. Every kid should have their own wants and I think, if they have done something great, you could reward them with the toy they want. That's awesome.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
betMaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:25:19 AM

I really don't see a problem here. Kids gamble all the time with their games, and even make bets with each other all the time, so it's exactly the same. Also, kids can play monopoly and strip other users from all their houses and money and the goal is to put others to bankruptcy, so how can that be better than that game?
I don't see a problem here neither , as you said kids can be gambling without their parents knowledge over many things , even who will beat who at the cafeteria fight or which basketball player will score more in NBA .. Other games are more devilish that will make them hate each other !
Monopoly itself ruined so many friendships  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
If i know my kid will gamble sooner or later in life , why not teach him and make sure he won't get ruined and go bankrupt in the future ? why not make him good at that game so he can get some money later in life from it ? Why not store morals in him from his young age about this "taboo" subject and make sure he won't go "YOLO" with this thing ?
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:00:47 PM

I really don't see a problem here. Kids gamble all the time with their games, and even make bets with each other all the time, so it's exactly the same. Also, kids can play monopoly and strip other users from all their houses and money and the goal is to put others to bankruptcy, so how can that be better than that game?
I don't see a problem here neither , as you said kids can be gambling without their parents knowledge over many things , even who will beat who at the cafeteria fight or which basketball player will score more in NBA .. Other games are more devilish that will make them hate each other !
If i know my kid will gamble sooner or later in life , why not teach him and make sure he won't get ruined and go bankrupt in the future ? why not make him good at that game so he can get some money later in life from it ? Why not store morals in him from his young age about this "taboo" subject and make sure he won't go "YOLO" with this thing ?
I think betting on those street fights and putting some amount on sports games is not equal to this roulette game. That kind of gambling is common in that age even we also did that kind of gambling when we are kids. But that time I don't know what this roulette game and other slot games in gambling. That will not make them to addict to gambling. But the slots games are very dangerous the kids very quickly addicted to these games.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:09:42 PM

Who would want to spoil their kids if the father is gambler and he wants to pass on his gambling legacy to his son the father and son can nicely practice on this game to prepare his son for the future. I have seen games like this in past but we cam not bring up the topic of money while playing this with our kids the creators surely thought this as an monopoly game
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:29:59 PM

I went to store to buy a toy for my kid and I was surprised to see this "toy"

What surprised me was that "+8" sign. While gambling is not allowed for persons under 18, toys like this are pretty much allowed.

In my honest opinion that sign should be "+18" and no one should be allowed to sell this to kids.

I mean, seriously? Would you buy this for your kid?

Seriously? Da hell I will not buy it even for a single cent for my kids. Gambling isnt right for the children to know when they are young. I personally thought that this is made in china the first i saw it. This must not be tolerate and report it to the government.
betMaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:33:03 PM

I think betting on those street fights and putting some amount on sports games is not equal to this roulette game. That kind of gambling is common in that age even we also did that kind of gambling when we are kids. But that time I don't know what this roulette game and other slot games in gambling. That will not make them to addict to gambling. But the slots games are very dangerous the kids very quickly addicted to these games.
Well , maybe you're right and maybe i watched too many gambling movies about forming a group of pro gamblers and make them win stacks of hard cash ..
Yet addiction itself divides into 2 categories compulsive gambling = the urge to gamble at any time and with any resources you have , or fun gambling = street fights/soccer games ,one is a very bad habit ,the other is just for the laughs . I won't be preventing my kids from gambling in the future but i'll definitely make them see some examples of people that lost their lives due to gambling
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 02:41:43 PM

I think the manufacturers are likely to be sued if they are sold in certain jurisdictions where gambling is strictly prohibited. I don't know where the OP is from but he can take legal actions against the company and have them correct the age limit on the item.
well this should be taking care properly and the government should be alarmed regarding to this matter as we knew that gambling should not
be tolerated even if its just a game but giving idea to those kids how the game works should be taking care properly it should be a must to
stop this and correct this concern.
marlboroza (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:53:26 PM

I don't know where the OP is from but he can take legal actions against the company and have them correct the age limit on the item.
Ha, me against multi-million company. Nobody cares actually. They would probably say - "it's just a toy, move along nothing to see here".
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 03:55:35 PM

I don't know where the OP is from but he can take legal actions against the company and have them correct the age limit on the item.
Ha, me against multi-million company. Nobody cares actually. They would probably say - "it's just a toy, move along nothing to see here".
There are a lot of cases that probably has that. If it's original, you could try for the millions it's the companies fault anyway stating stuff that little kids shouldn't have known when they are still young. It depends on the lawyer who's going to approve it or something.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:15:29 PM

Any responsible parent can not even bother buying such a toy for their kid , even if you did your friends and family wouldn't allow it ! Besides with all this technology going round very few kids would be interested in playing with such toys when we have playstations and lots more for them to try out.
Gintama214

Activity: 462

DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:45:06 PM

What surprised me was that "+8" sign. While gambling is not allowed for persons under 18, toys like this are pretty much allowed.

In my honest opinion that sign should be "+18" and no one should be allowed to sell this to kids.

Well this is really a violation, first of all that's not a kids toy its a gambling toy, and as you said the sign says +8 but it should be +18, this toy should be illegal we should not promote gambling to our kids especially in a young age we don't want our kids to get influenced by such thing. This is probably made in china because they don't care about how other people will think or do, they just care about money/business. I hope this kinda of toys will get banned and even more get strict with this kind of toys made.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:31:31 PM

I bought Monoply at the beginning of last year for my children, I play Monopoly almost every month, sometimes we play chess, I think about teaching bridge when my children grow up a bit.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 12:14:04 AM

I bought Monoply at the beginning of last year for my children, I play Monopoly almost every month, sometimes we play chess, I think about teaching bridge when my children grow up a bit.
That's an awesome game but it takes a lot of time in my opinion, especially if you strictly follow the rules and regulation of the game itself. It's awesome and fun to play with children. It doesn't take a lot of spendings if you play games in your house, it could also improve your relationship with your kids.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
michaelch

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:35:23 AM

Use this to teach mathematics to the kid. It is just a game of chance. In fact, maybe it is better to educate them early  Smiley
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:18:42 AM

wow,i never see any toys like this,is that complete gambling game?plinko,poker and dice? absolutely this company have no idea what they do,what the effect of this toy,is that made in china?or other country? the sign should be 20+ or at least 18+
i wish i never found this on toys store.

Same here. I never seen toys like this in some reputable stores or shopping mall but ive seen something like this in stores in streets and some stores in the market. I think it is China made because the agencies in checking products won't allow it as a 8 plus if it is carefully examined. Parents should be aware of some toys in the market.

KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:41:13 AM

wow,i never see any toys like this,is that complete gambling game?plinko,poker and dice? absolutely this company have no idea what they do,what the effect of this toy,is that made in china?or other country? the sign should be 20+ or at least 18+
i wish i never found this on toys store.

Same here. I never seen toys like this in some reputable stores or shopping mall but ive seen something like this in stores in streets and some stores in the market. I think it is China made because the agencies in checking products won't allow it as a 8 plus if it is carefully examined. Parents should be aware of some toys in the market.
Parents need to be cautious with such kinds of toys. In practical reality after certain age children cannot be kept under control, so sure they will engage into the one they like through one or the other way. So its not that bad to provide kids with such toys, because I believe that kids engage in activities they like rather than what's been forced on them.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:06:09 AM

This is just an error for sure instead of putting 18+ they putted 8+ which is really an inappropriate thing for our kids and we should really not buy these kind of toys because this will mold them to be a gambler at earliest age for sure.I dont know why these kind of thing have been legalized without thinking on what would be the possible effects on young minds.
i don't think it was an error , or the +8 sign supposed to age restrictions. i don't know really . but you can found a lot of toys like that with various sign like this one with +3 sign , people might just think it's crazy to see this adult stuff in a toys store .

Use this to teach mathematics to the kid. It is just a game of chance. In fact, maybe it is better to educate them early  Smiley

sounds like a wise argument , it's just doesn't makes sense for most of people.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
Oralmat

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:10:30 AM

May be your thread will be convert into other section. But about the answer. Seriously, i am agree with you, i also not allow to play gambling for kids. Gambling is a game for +18, youngsters could play it, but about the kids, i don't want to see that kids play it and waste their money. Because if any kid play gambling so it mean he has a money in his pocket and use it where definitely he get lose and when his money will be finished then sure he will do something wrong to get more money and the reason is gambling.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: