Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:15:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mining Operation (US)  (Read 549 times)
voltma (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:17:19 PM

Hello,

I live in the US in an area with cheap hydro power (.02 /kwh) and cheap warehouse space to rent. I'm wondering if you all might have some input on the following:

1. Any estimates on how long 16nm chips will be relevant for?

2. For 50-100 rigs how time consuming is management and upkeep? Will have two people available nights and weekends.

3. I'm considering Canaan's AvalonMiner 741 - any other rigs you'd suggest I look at instead (Won't buy Bitmain for ideological reasons).

4. How long would would you mine with any given hardware before trying to resell it? Or would you work the hardware until dead / no longer profitable?

5. Starting on the smaller end of the scale how best to grow the operation other than re-investing profits?

6. Lastly, would you even bother? Why or why not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:23:20 AM

AT those power rates I wouldn't worry too much about 16nm chips becoming obsolete.
I never managed that many rigs, but either way it would depend on your experience with mining and electronics troubleshooting stuff like that.
Avalons are actually more dependable than Antminers in my experience although it's a small sample size I never once had an issue with the Avalon miners I owned.
Depends on resale market, but at your power costs I'd run them into the ground. Unless you were going to use the $ to upgrade miners, at .02c kwh I wouldn't sell
Not sure I understand the question, but yeah reinvest profits to build out seems smart
with access to power that cheap yes I would do it. I can't think of a reason I wouldn't except the time investment setting up and maintaining it, but that's a personal decision.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: