Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:36:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FTC and Hard Fork ?  (Read 963 times)
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 07:42:27 AM

Hi,
I saw somewhere that feathercoin will do the hard fork ?
As i am getting it right, they will lower difficulty ?
Am i right or not ?

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VelvetLeaf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:46:20 AM

http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=363.0

BTC : 1GN81dxzxyFPQsyAtdocXr5S9Mcg4wcfFG
LTC : LgmYvXsYXc4xdjsMKXJWqtagxVvioK6iaw
FC : 6dpSnKMtttUUYzaRu1EB7Lu18PBRVHU3V7
bushstar

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:03:24 AM

Hi,
I saw somewhere that feathercoin will do the hard fork ?
As i am getting it right, they will lower difficulty ?
Am i right or not ?

The difficulty will be set to change four times faster than Litecoin with a change every 504 blocks and a 41.4% difficulty adjust giving it the same ability to change difficulty over 2016 blocks. This has been a popular solution over at the Feathercoin forum. This change continues Feathercoin's position being four times that of Litecoin like Litecoin is four times that of Bitcoin.

Smaller alts are having to come up with solutions to problem that the bigger coins do not have to worry about. Bitcoin and Litecoin can take a certain amount of hash power for granted. To me this has always been the purpose of alternative cryptocurrencies. The alts have to come up with solutions that could eventually used by others.

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:32:44 AM

The hard fork kicks in at block 33,000 make sure you have updated your FTC client to version 0.6.4  especially if you are running pool.

Client is available from the usual download page:

http://www.feathercoin.com/about/

Feathercoin 0.6.4 has been released and is available from the links below.

This is a mandatory update by block 33,000. After this block old clients will no longer be compatible. All coins and transaction are safe and will be the same in the new client. At current network speed the block adjust should happen on the 22nd May.

At block 33,000 the difficulty will be adjusted by 41.4% to help speed up transactions. After this block the difficulty will be adjusted in multiples of 504 making the difficulty adjust four times faster than Litecoin. The difficulty can change by a maximum of 41.4%.
Impaler

Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:11:05 PM

The difficulty will be set to change four times faster than Litecoin with a change every 504 blocks and a 41.4% difficulty adjust giving it the same ability to change difficulty over 2016 blocks. This has been a popular solution over at the Feathercoin forum. This change continues Feathercoin's position being four times that of Litecoin like Litecoin is four times that of Bitcoin.

Smaller alts are having to come up with solutions to problem that the bigger coins do not have to worry about. Bitcoin and Litecoin can take a certain amount of hash power for granted. To me this has always been the purpose of alternative cryptocurrencies. The alts have to come up with solutions that could eventually used by others.

Multiplying by the number 4 is only considered innovative for a child in Kindergarten.  If this is the depth of what you can come up with just quit now.  Other alt-coins have already created several difficulty algorithm solutions, notably PPC, TRC and most recently FRC which is also conducting a hard fork to implement it, non of these coins would dare to call what your proposing innovative.  If it actually works for you it will be by mere luck.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:20:40 PM

Multiplying by the number 4 is only considered innovative for a child in Kindergarten.  If this is the depth of what you can come up with just quit now.  Other alt-coins have already created several difficulty algorithm solutions, notably PPC, TRC and most recently FRC which is also conducting a hard fork to implement it, non of these coins would dare to call what your proposing innovative.  If it actually works for you it will be by mere luck.

We appreciate the support. Anyway, please make sure you upgrade your clients.

erk

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:46:40 PM

Multiplying by the number 4 is only considered innovative for a child in Kindergarten.  If this is the depth of what you can come up with just quit now.  Other alt-coins have already created several difficulty algorithm solutions, notably PPC, TRC and most recently FRC which is also conducting a hard fork to implement it, non of these coins would dare to call what your proposing innovative.  If it actually works for you it will be by mere luck.

Did you even bother to read the FTC forum thread on the formula discussion and the full technicalities, or do you just like jumping in regardless? All those other alt coin formulas you mentioned were discussed and rejected for one reason or another.

Here is the discussion link:

http://forum.feathercoin.com/index.php?topic=363.0

bushstar

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:57:00 PM

We could have picked up other coins difficulty adjust, but decided to go with a more conventional solution, which is more natural to Bitcoin and Litecoin and extends the differences between Bitcoin to Litecoin to Feathercoin.

The solution we have come up with will work very well for Feathercoin so I'm not sure what the problem is. If it works well then other coins are be free to use it.

shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 12:58:22 PM

Multiplying by the number 4 is only considered innovative for a child in Kindergarten.  If this is the depth of what you can come up with just quit now.  Other alt-coins have already created several difficulty algorithm solutions, notably PPC, TRC and most recently FRC which is also conducting a hard fork to implement it, non of these coins would dare to call what your proposing innovative.  If it actually works for you it will be by mere luck.

While I agree FTC has little innovation and possibly even less future, YOUR coin (FRC) is pure pompus assery. Let the kids have their fun and go back to your world changing philiosophy of inclusion though exclusion.
justabitoftime

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:04:06 PM

While I agree FTC has little innovation and possibly even less future, YOUR coin (FRC) is pure pompus assery. Let the kids have their fun and go back to your world changing philiosophy of inclusion though exclusion.

I can respect a well thought out message.  Bottom line, if I listened to all the people that told me the projects I worked on had no future.. well, I'd probably not have these resources now. Smiley  I wish all coins the best.. ultimately, those that are able to break away from niche forums will have the best chance of survival.

bushstar

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:07:56 PM

The next innovation with demurrage will be a demurrage coin without the 80% Foundation fund. When is maaku ever going to start issuing those coins out to projects? The initial coins I mined on Feathercoin went out on bounties and building services. It was a great experience for all involved. FRC should be supporting its community in a similar way even more as it has coins set aside for this purpose by design.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: