Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:18:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinEscrow.tk - Free 9-5 EST weekdays alt-coin escrow  (Read 704 times)
mebezac (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:50:01 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 01:27:43 PM by mebezac

So, with all the new coins coming out and the hype each one gets with people looking to buy and sell coins minutes after the release, there is a lot of room for people to get scammed. I have been watching the forums and I see tons and tons of people getting scammed. So I made this site: http://coinescrow.tk

I was even stupid enough myself to send first and got scammed. Luckily, I only lost 8 LTC. That stings, but it wasn’t the end of the world. After that happened I set up this site to help out in anyway I can. I am sick of seeing people getting scammed. It’s a very easy problem to avoid, just use an escrow.

That’s what this site is here to do. The purpose of this site is to provide an easy place to find people willing to serve as escrows for just about any cryptocurrency you could imagine. This site aims to be a network of trustworthy people willing to make the world of cryptocurrency a little better.
I will be contacting trusted members of the bitcointalk.org community to see if they would be willing to help serve as an escrow when I am not available.

The purpose of this site is not be an automated exchange site. The site relies on human participants to act as escrows. I did this for a few reasons.
1.)It allows for people to act as escrows immediately following the release of a coin, instead of waiting for it to be coded into a website.
2.)It is easier for me because I don’t have to code automatic transactions for every new coin that comes out
3.)It “decentralizes” in a sense the escrow service. If this were an automatic service, it would rely on my servers being up and protected at all times.
4.)Last, but not least, it does something small, but hopefully meaningful in reassuring that there are some honest people out there that want to see cryptocurrencies succeed and aren’t just in it to make a quick buck.

I will be acting as a free escrow and will be available most weekdays from 9am to 5pm Eastern Standard Time.

If you have any questions about how this works, please read our tutorial/tips.

Do you want to help make this place better and keep people from getting scammed? Consider becoming an escrow. If you would like to become an escrow, please reply to this thread, or send me a pm.

Features of being an escrow on CoinEscrow.tk:
-Set your own fees/fee structure
-Set which coins you want to provide escrow for
-Advertise/shamelessly plug whatever you want on your personal escrow page.

Like I said, I am not looking to make money at all on this project, I am just looking to help out this community and keep people from getting scammed. If you don't use my service, please find someone else to do escrow for you, or only trade with trusted members of the forum.

*Also Quick Note* You DO NOT need to become a member of the site at all to use this service. I know how annoying it is to sign up for new sites. Only escrows need to have accounts, which will be set up on a case by case basis to ensure not just anyone can be an escrow.

Anyways, I hope this helps some people not get scammed. It's almost 4 am here, so I'll be going to bed, but I will see you all in a few hours. Thanks.

BTC: 168d57nW72Y6DidPgE88iL7vYmpQD45dYK|LTC: LLPttXuFF2uTo2CWeEwXU5CwcUcgQ4NGd3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mebezac (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:39:25 PM

So, I have added our first hero member escrow to the site! psybits is now an escrow on CoinEscrow.tk!

Psybits' personal escrow page can be found here: http://coinescrow.tk/psybits/ and you can read psybits' rep thread here.

Psybits is currently offline, but I am online until 5 pm EST. Also, there have been a couple issues with the escrows currently online function of the site, so if someone is not listed as online, I would still leave a message or pm them on here. I will be working on making this feature work better soon.

Once again, we're here to help people stop getting scammed. I'm still in need of some more people to serve as escrows. So if you are at all interested in helping to make this place a little better and help people not get scammed, reply to this thread, or pm me.

mebezac (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:45:56 PM

I've changed things up a little bit. I am now offering completely free escrow. I was going to charge a fee to cover transaction fees and gather a couple of coins I don't have. However, I understand not wanting to pay for escrow service, so at least my personal escrow service will be free at http://coinescrow.tk/mebezac Other escrows who use my site can charge whatever they want, and you may choose to use them because they are hero members or are online when I am not or are faster than I am.

As for me, I just want to help people not get scammed, so I will be completely free. If there is a transaction fee, I will cover it if I have enough of that coin to cover it. If not, that transaction fee will come out of the amount sent to the other party. Tips would be apprectiated, even small, so that I have enough to cover transaction fees.

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 03:13:48 AM

Just replying to confirm I am also an escrow in the site!

When I am online I will be listed as online on the site and able to escrow for trades  Wink
mebezac (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:26:46 PM

Just replying to confirm I am also an escrow in the site!

When I am online I will be listed as online on the site and able to escrow for trades  Wink

Thanks psybits!

Also, I am available for SRC escrow now as well.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: