Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:48:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are new coins easier to mine  (Read 390 times)
datguys (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:08:05 PM

Like say for example someone created a new coin from bitcoins source, would them coins be easier than bitcoins to mine? or does the speed depend on the type like sha256 or scrypt?

and say a new coin has 250,000,000 coins how many coins a day could be mined with 1GH/s?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 03:39:17 PM

Are new coins easier to mine ?    = YES, much easier. Early Adopters get more rewards.

Difficulty climbs with time, and the amount of miners mining the coin.

But lot's of 'insta-mining' is not considered cool. Nor self serving pre-mining.

As difficulty rises then typically the value of the coins also tend to rise. But maybe not always. Still lot's of unknowns ahead. But so far that's often if not always the trend.

Just do a lot of research before jumping the gun and mining or purchasing any new coins that are not real solid contenders. There are many that likely will be successful, but many more that wont be likely to succeed longer term.

The field is already huge, and yet another typical clone with merely tiny tweaks doesn't get my attention anymore, nor other more serious speculating investors either. Typically though the newbe's are attracted to them because they can mine more of them rather than the more established one. A lesson to be learned is that merely purchasing the coins and holding them a while has been far more profitable than mining. At least that's been occurring for a while now in the more established coins, or at any rate is a close race at best, and those are not that common either.  And that is coming from a Crypto Junkie that has over 2 dozen types in stock, both mined and purchased!

In other words it had better be a damn fine new offering otherwise it's going to be mighty tough to gain much traction for very long! Unless that it is it can find a wide field of adopters and supporters. It's going to be questionable as to how many more mere clones and knock-offs can co-exist. Anyone's guess but already even I am shying away from all but the best new offerings.

Do your research. Start at the links below by clicking the names of each coin on both links and learning about each one. And also  figure out what many of the terms stated mean, and their differences. So at any rate you got plenty of due diligence to do! Lot's of it. And plenty of time. Only fools rush in. Unless you just want to throw darts in the dark and hope for the best.

http://coinmarketcap.com/

and

http://cryptometer.org/index.html

Best Regards,

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: