Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:18:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WDC] Worldcoin | 0.17.1 Released! | AuxPoW w/ LWMA diff algorithm. Resync Req.  (Read 441957 times)
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 09:59:40 PM

Ahh ok, i will add another option that will enable that behaviour

Thanks

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
energocoin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 11:20:10 PM

Hello i am trying to download wallet for for windows,but keep shoving error 404 page not found,please help i would like to start minning.Thank you
Berzeck

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:05:36 AM

Hello i am trying to download wallet for for windows,but keep shoving error 404 page not found,please help i would like to start minning.Thank you
Hello! We are migrating servers right now, please try in about 4 hours!
I will post here also when everything is done Wink
Thank you for your interest in WDC!

It is done in C++, Qt, with QML (For scripting , components and theme engine)

Yeah maybe you are right, but probably we will delay a little htis implementation because we have very exiting features in the queue. But once we gain traction then probably people will ask for this and we will do it Smiley

Cool. For now perhaps I am better installing WBC (program files) in my user directory? WBC still seems to be reindexing with no indication of process. Even bitcoin does not take that long (I tried raising a discussion about that in the projects forum, but it just seems that the bitcoin environment is just full of paranoia and governance issues, so probably best avoiding for now). At least with a reinstall I can download the block chain bootstrap again.
Yeah happily we have a more sane environment and community Smiley. Can you try to install to c:\worldcoin just to test?
Also i fixed the bug of the tray, meanwhile you can access 'wallets settings' and re enable  the option and saving and it will work!

Ok, its minimise to tray on close. This does work. The functionality I would really like is minimise to tray instead of taskbar. Hope you can add this to the list of things to do.
Hi AngryDwarf!, when the options is enabled (Minimize on Close) the wallet minimizes to tray when trying to close, maybe can you be more specific? I will correct this as soon as possible

Yes, load up a bitcoin client and look at the window tab in options. There are two options "Minimise to the tray instead of the task bar" and "Minimise on close". The WDC BC update has implemented the latter which works. The former means when the application is minimised, it only appears as an icon in the system tray, and not as a running app in the taskbar. All wallets tend to have this option.

Hey AngryDwarf i added the functionality you requested and it will be available next version! stay tuned! Wink
energocoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 01:41:12 AM

Thank you for reply,i will try later  Smiley
Berzeck

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:08:18 AM

Thank you for reply,i will try later  Smiley

Hello energocoin, everything seems fine now!

If you have any questions at all don't doubt to contact us (contact at worldcoin.global) or to reply this thread!
Berzeck

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:40:46 AM

March 17th Report

http://worldcoin.global/wednesday-17-update/
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:22:26 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 02:55:19 AM by AngryDwarf

Where can I download the source for a linux build?

libmng.so.1 no longer available on Ubuntu 14.04 to run binary.

Edit, ok found a way to force it on.

If anyone else runs into the problem, find the deb files here http://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/precise/main/base/libmng-dev e.g. and install them dpkg -i <.deb> files, then run an apt-get -f install.

Is WorldcoinBC closed source now?

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Berzeck

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:08:48 AM

Hello! This is the GitHub fot Worldcoin Business Center source code

https://github.com/WorldcoinGlobal/WorldcoinPanel

Our new web page will improve these things.
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 12:00:25 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2016, 11:22:14 PM by AngryDwarf

Hello! This is the GitHub fot Worldcoin Business Center source code

https://github.com/WorldcoinGlobal/WorldcoinPanel

Our new web page will improve these things.

Thanks. Can't see any build instructions.
What is supposed to be the main executable? Only executable on linux install is WorldcoinPanel. This dumps with undefined symbol look up. Chmoded Worldcoin.sh and tried that and it runs. It doesn't seem to get past the main daemon indexing though. I'll leave it a bit in case it is being a bit slow. I'm trying to run the blockchain on an ntfs partition shared with windows, which is owned by root/plugdev. Blockchain downloaded and installed ok.

EDIT: Sussed it. Had to make the Worldcoin daemon executable too.
After the installer has finished, it tries to launch worldcoin panel, but it needs to run it through the Worldcoin.sh batch file to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH up. Seems some work needs doing on the Linux installer.

Berzeck

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:40:03 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 07:06:48 AM by Berzeck

Hello! absolutely right, i left the source doe without instructions because i wanted to know how much people really compile from source code.
Amusingly after 5 months it seems you are the first. Also i used QBS to builds the system, a completely new tool developed by Qt guys

So, lets work on the Linux installation part, how would you like it to be modified?

Edit: Typo corrected Cheesy
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:25:40 AM

Hello! absolutely right, i left the source doe without instructions because i wanted to know how much people really compile from source code.
Amusingly after 5 months it seems you are the first. Also i sued QBS to builds the system, a completely new tool developed by Qt guys

So, lets work on the Linux installation part, how would you like it to be modified?

Did you get a lot of money out of QBS? Typo I assume lol.
I just want something that works out of the box. I suppose that is easier said than done with so many linux flavours. I use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and the only dependency I needed to resolve was the libmng 1 package that is now obsolete in favour of libmng 2. Luckily I could get the old package working alongside the newer one, whereas some packages may remove different package versions (berkely db being an example, I've had to manually put the source on for namecoin legacy 4.7 and dogecoin which uses 5.1).
It looks like I have had to chmod 2 files to make them executable, and it looks like the installer when finished tries to launch world coin panel without having the correct library path setup. Looks like it should be calling Worldcoin.sh instead, but that does require WorldcoinBC as the working directory.
So for the moment at least, it looks like there needs to be better set up and execute instructions instructions (the latter being lacking). I don't know how this will effect the auto update.
Some wallets provide .deb packages, but most don't and some wallets don't even provide compiled executables so I thought I would have a go at building the lot. The way WDC BC works, I tend to have to treat it a bit differently on both Windows and Linux. With its auto updater it's probably one of those things that is better not being self compiled. Seems VRC is probably better that way as well (at least for the qt version). Unfortunately the VRC 1.6.4 installer actually installs VRC 1.6.3 and puts it in a continuous update loop. I was able to build the daemon from source but not the qt wallet. It looks like in this case, and probably the same with WDC BC, is that it uses qt5 libraries than are newer than what is provided with the Ubuntu 14.04 package system. So a self contained directory sub structure is probably the best way to implement this.
Some pool operators might want to build the WDC daemon from source and install it to a location of their choosing.
scanelf -e WorldcoinDaemon reveals:
 TYPE   STK/REL/PTL FILE
ET_EXEC RW- R-- RW- WorldcoinDaemon
It would be much more secure if it looks like this:
 TYPE   STK/REL/PTL FILE
ET_DYN RW- R-- RW- bitcoind

Berzeck

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:06:02 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2016, 09:34:00 AM by Berzeck

Amusingly after 5 months it seems you are the first. Also i sued QBS to builds the system, a completely new tool developed by Qt guys

Did you get a lot of money out of QBS? Typo I assume lol.
I just want something that works out of the box. I suppose that is easier said than done with so many linux flavours. I use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, and the only dependency I needed to resolve was the libmng 1 package that is now obsolete in favour of libmng 2. Luckily I could get the old package working alongside the newer one, whereas some packages may remove different package versions (berkely db being an example, I've had to manually put the source on for namecoin legacy 4.7 and dogecoin which uses 5.1).
It looks like I have had to chmod 2 files to make them executable, and it looks like the installer when finished tries to launch world coin panel without having the correct library path setup. Looks like it should be calling Worldcoin.sh instead, but that does require WorldcoinBC as the working directory.
So for the moment at least, it looks like there needs to be better set up and execute instructions instructions (the latter being lacking). I don't know how this will effect the auto update.
Some wallets provide .deb packages, but most don't and some wallets don't even provide compiled executables so I thought I would have a go at building the lot. The way WDC BC works, I tend to have to treat it a bit differently on both Windows and Linux. With its auto updater it's probably one of those things that is better not being self compiled. Seems VRC is probably better that way as well (at least for the qt version). Unfortunately the VRC 1.6.4 installer actually installs VRC 1.6.3 and puts it in a continuous update loop. I was able to build the daemon from source but not the qt wallet. It looks like in this case, and probably the same with WDC BC, is that it uses qt5 libraries than are newer than what is provided with the Ubuntu 14.04 package system. So a self contained directory sub structure is probably the best way to implement this.
Some pool operators might want to build the WDC daemon from source and install it to a location of their choosing.
scanelf -e WorldcoinDaemon reveals:
 TYPE   STK/REL/PTL FILE
ET_EXEC RW- R-- RW- WorldcoinDaemon
It would be much more secure if it looks like this:
 TYPE   STK/REL/PTL FILE
ET_DYN RW- R-- RW- bitcoind
1) Fixed typo ROFL
2) I will check the libmng dependence, it is probably some Qt plugin that is trying to use that library that we do not actually need.
3) You need to static compile WorldcoinDaemon first, that is in the main repository that I pointed out previously with fairly detailed instructions for Linux and Windows (including package versions). After that you should compile WorldcoinPanel and you put WorldcoinDaemon inside the folder called 'Daemons'. Maybe we can add the option for later versions (not next one) specifying daemon location.
4) You probably need to download from web page WorldcoinBC or just change Worldcoin.sh pointing to WorldcoinPanel.
5) You are right about instructions, hopefully i have the time to build ones for next release, the problem is that for Linux there are many distributions which instructions should be changed.
6) Wallet should be almost self contained and work with most distributions and versions, but of course you will need the same packages that we compiled with to avoid weird issues. That will probably go with instructions in the future. For now you can download from web page and check exactly the libraries and plugins we are using with their versions so you can replicate the main directory structure.
7) You are right that source compiling would not work correctly with auto updater, although i think we have a better one than VRC. The reason is because we just don't check version, we checksum every file and compare them with the hash we have in our system for that specific version, if they don't match then it downloads the file from our servers and overwrites it. We do this as a counter measure for malware that may be embedded in some files, so we just replace the 'offending' files.
8 ) chmod is fixed for next version Wink
9) it would be not wise from our part to build packages for distributions ourselves because our Linux user base is pretty small, whats more the only reason we build for  Linux is because i am a Linux user myself (opensuse 42.1 here Smiley )
10) If we incorporate Qt source code to our tree that would mean that we necessarily would need to support user Qt compilation ourselves, too much work with little return. Whats more, we use binary packages that qt.io provides for our compilation (except when we need to compile WorldcoinBC which needs static compilation)
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:14:39 PM

Okay on point 10. WDC doesn't install qt libs into the folder, but the standard VRC run file does. I've worked out how to compile the latest version of VRC now.

One thing I have noticed is that under linux the WorldcoinDaemon (full WorldcoinBC install form web page installer) does not appear to be listening on the rpc port. This worked fine under windows. Is there some config file I need to change?

Berzeck

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:38:34 AM

Okay on point 10. WDC doesn't install qt libs into the folder, but the standard VRC run file does. I've worked out how to compile the latest version of VRC now.

One thing I have noticed is that under linux the WorldcoinDaemon (full WorldcoinBC install form web page installer) does not appear to be listening on the rpc port. This worked fine under windows. Is there some config file I need to change?

a) After next release we will start polishing and improving these little details
b) You should create a Daemons.cfg. The easiest way would be to use the installer to create it for you and use the values for your compiled version
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:48:04 PM

a) After next release we will start polishing and improving these little details
b) You should create a Daemons.cfg. The easiest way would be to use the installer to create it for you and use the values for your compiled version

It is a standard install from the installer. But it doesn't appear to be listening on the RPC port when running ufw show listening. I suppose it must be though, as is it the case that the BC app connects to the daemon using the RPC port?

Berzeck

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:35:38 PM

If it is a standard install and *if* the wallet is working then it must be listening to the port specified in the file Daemons.cfg, the wallet communicates with the daemon using RPC port indeed.
With root try to run the next command:  netstat -na | grep tcp    so the port should be open
AngryDwarf

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:37:27 AM

If it is a standard install and *if* the wallet is working then it must be listening to the port specified in the file Daemons.cfg, the wallet communicates with the daemon using RPC port indeed.
With root try to run the next command:  netstat -na | grep tcp    so the port should be open

Yep it does show up. Looks like it is listening only on the local host address, rather than using the rpcallowip setting that other wallets uses. So it doesn't show up in ufw show listening. Can it be configured to be accessed from another computer on the local network?

Berzeck

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:11:42 AM

Well not the wallet. But you can edit worldcoin.conf located int the blockchain directory
and add the parameters, after that you should run the DAEMON pointing to the blockchain directory and correct config file, the daemon is located inside the folder Daemons
The reason is because it is extremely dangerous to let manage your wallet via network unless you know what your doing so for normal users this option is disabled because it is a huge security risk.

Maybe in the future we can add this functionality and encrypt the connection to the daemon.

Berzeck

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:12:16 AM

New web page (Beta) coming soon!
Beyn

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:10:39 PM

I cant get the Worldcoin Client to run anymore.

Two weeks ago it was all fine i havent changed anything but now it doesnt start anymore.

I can start it, it gets past the "splashscreen", then "wallet is indexing the database" .. few seconds later -> crash "worldcoinpanel.exe has stopped working"

I have a clean install of windows 10, all other wallets/apps/games/etc. run flawlessly

Have tried running in administrator and re-installing the client... what now?

If you dont know how to fix it, at least do you know how i can get those coins out. I could theoretically backup the wallet on a second computer but I dont have another one available right now. Any other options to get those coins out?

Thanks! Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: