Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:42:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 188 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WDC] Worldcoin | 0.17.1 Released! | AuxPoW w/ LWMA diff algorithm. Resync Req.  (Read 441957 times)
Ch3rub

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:41:17 AM

New f*D Certified Crypto-Cards (paper wallets) in stock! Worldcoin is supported!

I really like the idea, but for crypto supporting business it's a bit awkward payments are only accepted in USD  Sad
Any plans for accepting our coins as a payment option?

Also the silver coins are insanely expensive at $200 each (if I read it correctly and this is price for 1 coin)  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olinnebit

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:08:54 PM

What I like about Sharmbeck is the costumer service, hopefully that does not change once the beta ends and real volume comes in.  So much better than Coinbase and the like.

As someone who worked in CS this is warms my heart.

Jomppe

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:22:09 PM

I'd heard a lot of talk around Worldcoin for a while but it seems to have been steadily declining in value for the last month. Is there any particular reason for this or are people just losing interest?

Price relative to BTC has been declining a bit, but it's stayed around ~$.48-.50 for the last while. Also, people are definitely not losing interest as WDC is consistently in the top 10 traded coins in terms of USD volume, just check coinmarketcap. WDC is here for the long haul and there are big things coming, and I for one am very excited to see what the next few months hold for WDC Cheesy

The upcoming months will be tremendous with WDC.
I have been buying like crazy as the relative value is declining. 0.1 BTC is the long term equilibrium-price. As long as the price is under that relation, there is an opportunity to have leveraged returns on investment.
This spring I am expecting the next leap of magnitude.

My goals in terms of BTC (who cares USD):

May 1: 0.005 BTC
August 1: 0.05 BTC
December 1: 0.08 BTC
Jan 1 (2015): 0.101 BTC

Yup, the price will overshoot temporarily. It is pure economics. Everybody who has studied in university the economics of money theory knows the forex shoots always over in uptrends and shoots under in downtrend. This is called J-curve.

There will be excitement as the 0.1 BTC is hit and therefore the sellers are not interested in selling (they hope it will go even higher) and the buyers are throwing their money to WDC which creates scarcity to the markets. This is exactly the riight exit point for bulls so that they can go back in in 0.095 levels and gain ~ 5 % which is a good gain (the real annual growth of world's economy in long time series is aroun 2.2 %).
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:07:28 PM

I have been buying like crazy as the relative value is declining. 0.1 BTC is the long term equilibrium-price. As long as the price is under that relation, there is an opportunity to have leveraged returns on investment.

Yup, the price will overshoot temporarily. It is pure economics. Everybody who has studied in university the economics of money theory knows the forex shoots always over in uptrends and shoots under in downtrend. This is called J-curve.

There will be excitement as the 0.1 BTC is hit and therefore the sellers are not interested in selling (they hope it will go even higher) and the buyers are throwing their money to WDC which creates scarcity to the markets. This is exactly the riight exit point for bulls so that they can go back in in 0.095 levels and gain ~ 5 % which is a good gain (the real annual growth of world's economy in long time series is aroun 2.2 %).

There will be 21M BTC and 265M WDC eventually. If they were the same capitalization, WDC should be 0.08 BTC.

Do you think the usage of WDC surpass that of BTC in the next year (2015)?

If WDC is 0.01 BTC in 2018, I will be extreme happy.
blackfriday

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:44:06 PM

is it profitable?
Eastwind

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:31:49 PM

is it profitable?

It depends on the price of electricity.
Thorgrim

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 06:16:40 PM

What I like about Sharmbeck is the costumer service, hopefully that does not change once the beta ends and real volume comes in.  So much better than Coinbase and the like.

You are a beta tester?

Anything else you would care to share about how Scharmbeck is working?

rednalexa

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:32:32 PM

WDC to the moon 2015 Inb4 Cheesy

k33k

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:19:15 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 04:37:17 AM by k33k

You are a beta tester?

Anything else you would care to share about how Scharmbeck is working?

I bought my first Scharmbeck shares (only 4) today. I would also appreciate any insight into how things are looking behind the curtain.

Edit: Account got activated just after posting this. Smiley
k33k

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:36:25 AM

I just found a bug related to the mobile PINs, mentioned it on IRC and got a response right away. Can't beat that.
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:44:21 AM

There will be 21M BTC and 265M WDC eventually. If they were the same capitalization, WDC should be 0.08 BTC.

Do you think the usage of WDC surpass that of BTC in the next year (2015)?

If WDC is 0.01 BTC in 2018, I will be extreme happy.

so with your calculations can you explain Peercoin? It is about worth about 6 usd and will have 2 Billion coins, what should its price be in relationship to bitcoin using your same calculations you used for worldcoin above?
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:46:07 AM

I have a few Scharmbeck fee shares and I'm really excited by the future for both WDC and Scharmbeck.
I'm not in the initial beta, but will hopefully be included in the rolling beta- the one thing for me that is disappointing is the required trust to be able to deposit via CC. For the longest time I've had to use Virwox which as many people would know is a train-wreck of conversion fees. I'd love a direct payment into WDC via a credit card but it will take a considerable amount of use to be trusted to that degree. As I'm not in the US the bank deposit stuff isn't an option. I have a local version of something like Coinbase that I can use, but there is still ultimately a conversion from BTC to WDC. I understand the risk involved with credit cards so this is by no means a complaint about Scharmbeck, but it would be great if someone other than Virwox could offer such a service.
Getting fiat into cryptos has come along way, but its still an arduous task for a number of people outside of the US.

Sagefit

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:53:19 AM

The next wave of beta applications have been approved. Welcome to Scharmbeck everyone.

noobyonekenobi

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:00:59 PM

cant wait until february!

PS4 Funds for my brother. Help me get it. Thanks! Smiley
BTC: 1MqhiNvDfSBRzFuXLkdvUfve4zavoFw2f8       UTC: UdGz8AS2tzTnf5qZ59uYbCRbVqEQJZrQC2
LTC: LTUMKwRAkqtvbyA5s8TeNHduvWk9t3DvkN    WDC: WjMWs8GUAyJXXtPJRXQXzJ9yjkda1GBbYs
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:08:42 PM

So this is easy.
1. Go to coinmarketcap.com
2. Take 21mio. und divide it by the total supply of each coin. This is the equillibrium price for each coin.
3. Take the equillibrium price and divide it by the equillibrium price. This would be yoour ROI.
4. Take the coin with the highest ROI and put all your money in that coin.

For example:
Worldcoin will have 270Mio. Coin, so the equillibrium price will be 0.08btc. The price now is 0.00045, so the ROI will be 177. (invest 1btc and get 177btc).
Quarkcoin will have 250Mio. in 5 years (maybe more, there is 1mio. inflation every year). The price now is 0,0001, so the ROI would be 900.

Result: Invest in QRC, not in WDC Wink

so with your calculations can you explain Peercoin? It is about worth about 6 usd and will have 2 Billion coins, what should its price be in relationship to bitcoin using your same calculations you used for worldcoin above?
PPC will never reach that 2billion. This is just a theoretical limit.

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 12:10:38 PM

cant wait until february!

1. You don't know how markets work. When everybody knows something will happen, then the price will not change when it will happen.
2. I can't see what special will happen in February. You can buy WDC with deposited dollars directly? So like with PPC or NVC now? Wow...

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
hash.so

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:49:50 PM

Come mine WorldCoin with us:

https://wdc.hash.so/

* EU and US stratum servers!
* 0% pool fee!
* vardiff
* PPLNS
* Fast servers
* Professional server admin (no downtime)

Point your miners at:
stratum+tcp://pool-eu.hash.so:1337/
stratum+tcp://pool-us.hash.so:1337/

And switch the coin from the frontend. It's very nice, you will like it Smiley

Pool support thread here

Hash.so mining pools with easy coin switching! vardiff, pplns, and 0% fee (1% default donation). Come join us! Smiley
Currently we have 40 scrypt coins and adding new ones all the time.
Support/request thread here.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:57:58 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 06:22:33 PM by toknormal

You're mad. (In my humble opinion Smiley )

If you really think Scharmbeck project is so great, invest in it not the coin. If there's any coin people should be hoovering up just now its PPC and XPM with all this 51% attack fear.

If the Scharmbeck project has one ounce of business sense, they won't be coupling the fortunes of their business infrastructure with the fortunes of any one coin, specially now that alt coins with a similar technical spec to WDC are popping up like mushrooms after a rainshower. So where does that leave you when Scharmbeck decides it needs to 'diversify' and support other coins to keep its business alive ? You'll be a bag holder for another "dodo"coin.

If you're going to plough so much into a single coin on the basis of an initiative that *isn't* the coin itself, at least see it from the negative perspective before weighing up the advantages. If you find that hard, I'll give you a hand:

[1] - One of WDC's main 'selling' properties that's always touted is speed. But this is just blockchain transaction speed. In a point of sale situation, payments are handled by payment processors through accounts. Look at cryptocurrency exchanges for example - all trades happen instantaneously regardless of a coin's particular blockchain transaction speed. I've said this often on other forums, but if a crypto coin ever makes it into a grocery store or supermarket, we *won't* be doing blockchain transactions, we'll be using payment processors like Visa and Mastercard and transactions will all be instantaneous. A few minutes is fine for blockchain speed.

[2] - Look at the date on this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204894.0   When that announcement was made, about 40 of the alt's on the market today didn't exist. A new 'alt' was quite a big deal. Now it isn't. You can even roll your own...http://coingen.io/  Want a fast coin ? - just set the right parameters and have it delivered to your email box.

[3] - Proof of work is toast. It's now emerging that the previously "theoretical" concept of a 51% attack brought about by excessive concentration of hashing power is now a practical reality due to the phenomenon of massive hashing pools and mining viruses that can hijack millions of browsers. Proof of stake is the future because it's almost immune to this particular problem. (Doesn't mean there aren't other issues, but not this one). So that leaves PPC, XPM, NXT and such like as the contenders for challenging bitcoin. It's unlikely that Bitcoin itself will die because it's so established that the developers will find ways to defend against the 51%, like checkpoints etc. But second place downwards is going to go to proof of stake coins IMO.

[4] - Have a look at what Scharmbeck actually does. Basically 3 things:

a) - a fiat exchange
b) - a client (secret mobile WDC clients)
c) - a payment processor

Talk about playing to your weaknesses:

regarding a) a fiat exchange that only supports one coin vs fiat exchanges that support many

regarding b) ok, it might be a nice client, but a good client doesn't sell a coin, besides, there probably could not be a more competitive area right now

regarding c) as I said previously, if anybody is going to be doing payment processing in any significant way for cryptocurrencies, it will be existing people - Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, the banks etc. They already have an infrastructure that's currency independent, so adding a cryptocurrency will be peanuts if they think it's worth it.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but if crypt's are to get anywhere, people have to get real and actually think things through. They are a great store of value and potentially a huge threat to fiat because they are unlevered base money, but the blockchain is not a retail point-of-sale tool. It's a bank account and as long as you prioritise things that way the future looks bright for cryptos I think.

My advice:

Dump all your WDC into PPC, XPM, NxT and possibly QRK. Although the latter 2 have a bit of an "instamine scam" reputation, they are still good coins and have a massive potential liquidity which could spread far and wide. None are proof of work except QRK and all have properties unique to the coin itself which is a better investment criteria than relying on a solitary business supporting the coin.

In my opinion, Scharmbeck *might* survive if it starts to support other coins, but WDC will be history by christmas.
hardergamer

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:23:16 PM

Hi i sent sum coins to my wdc wallet but i have not received any coins? what do i need to do?

Sagefit

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 04:57:56 PM

Scharmbeck has opened on a provisional basis to all users who wish to apply for an account. This is not open to just US customers, but customers all over the world!

As a provisional user, or "white" tier user, you'll be able to log in, create an account, enter all of your info and receive a wallet address. This will allow you to both use Scharmbeck as an online wallet to send and receive WDC, as well as apply for the higher tiers of access.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here or join IRC, server irc.freenode.net, #worldcoin.

Kind regards,

Nathan Gudmunson
 Scharmbeck Worldcoin Financial Services

Scharmbeck, LLC
 2875 W Ray Rd #6-133
 Chandler, AZ 85224

http://www.scharmbeck.com/

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 188 »
  Print  

Jump to: