Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:44:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction during HARD FORK?  (Read 694 times)
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 10:54:47 AM

I want to believe this is something that have been a subject of discussion lately and even before the service providers and exchange sites started coming with their own release about the impending and not likely hard fork, we have been warned on the forum to avoid transactions 12 hours before the fork and also to wait for confirmations after the fork before resuming transactions for this reasons I don't expect that anybody still don't know what is going on at this moment and how to go about it.

There's two separate issues here. The first is BIP91/BIP148 orphaning of non-Segwit-signalling blocks. In this case, you can have false confirmations if miners produce non-compliant blocks that are later orphaned by a majority of miners.

The second issue is the BCC hard fork. If you don't do any preparation, then after the fork, if you transact normally, you may lose your coins on the other chain (replay attack). For most bitcoin users, this doesn't matter, as BCC is invalid anyway. But some people may want to be careful to retain both coins.

And I think most bitcoin users aren't really aware of the details, which is why replay protection is/was so important. This fork was too rushed.

Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:04:29 AM

That is already published in the news and most/all of the transactions will be down from all wallet and exchangers. So it's better to move your coins to safer place like wallet for which you having the private keys. I'm sure then your coins will be safe.

By the way it's last day to move your coins as tomorrow is also far risky too move the coins.
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 11:12:10 AM

guyz freebitco.in announced that during hardfork event there will not be processing deposit and withdrawal request.
Almost every site not accepting deposit and withdrawal at the time of Hard Fork exchanges , gambling sites, buy and sell sites and some firect paying faucets are not accepting transaction with bitcoin at the time of Hard fork they don't want loose money of their users. You should wait.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: