Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 11:03:00 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's obvious MagicalTux is the user who had his account hacked!  (Read 2855 times)
TeddyJames

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:35:41 AM

How can you people have not seen this yet???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XvP841jaM&feature=player_embedded#at=925

Watch his reaction at 15:25 to being asked if the hacked account belonged to him. Shock, panic then damage control! If the account that was compromised didn't belong to him why wouldn't he have strongly denied it?? Can anyone think of ANY REASON why they wouldn't deny it if it wasn't true?

Do you see what this means??

MtGoxs account is the one that got hacked not some innocent user like they are acting.
They are deciding to roll back so they are saved.
Their own security f&*(ups caused this mess and they are making anyone who traded during that time pay for their mistake.

WTF! Do they think they can get away being the one who decides how to reimburse themselves when their own account gets hacked while lying about what they're doing??

Customers of MtGox make them respond to this! They say they are trying to help innocent users but the only one they are helping here is themselves and they're lying about it!

I dont have any money with MtGox but I dont want them to break the market just to undo their sloppy coding and pretend it was a good thing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:41:11 AM

MagicalTux =  Mark Karpeles = Owner of MtGox.
TeddyJames

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:45:00 AM

That is exactly what I'm trying to say!

It wasn't some unrelated user who lost 500000btc, the account that was compromised belongs to him.

Look when the interviewer asks if the account is HIS, and how nervously he replies? This explains what's going on completely. He lost his own money and is trying to get it all back before people catch on.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1386

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 07:45:29 AM

Although it will be a lot of work to do so, it should be possible to prove or disprove this claim by examining the transactions that let the money into the account. The alternate claim is that the account belonged to an early adopter, which is a much easier claim to test.

ETA: This gives me a great idea. We need a block explorer on steroids that can provide sophisticated summaries of the history of the money that goes into and traces the history of the money that goes out of an account or transaction. (Is it old money? Is it new money? Did it all come from one account? Did it go into multiple accounts soon after that? Has it been held for a while? Or is it high-velocity money?)

I am an employee of Ripple.
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Dayofswords

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:52:27 AM

Look when the interviewer asks if the account is HIS, and how nervously he replies? This explains what's going on completely. He lost his own money and is trying to get it all back before people catch on.

What are you, Fox News?
Currently your entire argument is based on a reaction to a question.

142u3uafy7bvxJXArDF9mo9e6LEFSef5Hr
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:55:12 AM

What are you, Fox News?
Currently your entire argument is based on a reaction to a question.
+1
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:57:23 AM

~yawn~

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:58:32 AM

im not convinced.  Undecided
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 07:59:56 AM

~yawn~

Stop with your random posts :\
TeddyJames

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:00:16 AM

Your website just suffered a massive breach. You're telling people that it was some random customer account that got compromised, and you're trying to help by fixing it. Someone asks you "It's not YOUR account,right?" How do you answer that question??? What possible reason would you have for not saying "of course not. I can't say who owns the account, but its not us!"

arkados

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:08:31 AM

It's obvious that this is troll thread.
Oh, let me explain: MagicalTux -> uses GNU/Linux systems exclusively -> very unlikely affected by any trojan -> not his account hacked.
-> judging on people's face, arguing it proves anything
-> /thread
-> TeddyJames totally discredited
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:09:41 AM

Oh, let me explain: MagicalTux -> uses GNU/Linux systems exclusively -> very unlikely affected by any trojan -> not his account hacked.
-> /thread

You obviously know nothing about linux.
Sannyasi

Activity: 455

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2011, 08:11:56 AM

if it was my account i wouldn't be saying shit- then you just open yourself up to this sort of nonsense. that person doesn't want their name known for good reason= to avoid stupid conspiracy posts about themselves..... not everyone loves drama and attention.

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
sanddbox

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:14:17 AM

The current theory is that SQLI was used to artificially add BTC to an already compromised account (because the same SQLI allowed a dump of the database).
evolve

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:17:47 AM

so, he looked panicked? and? what if it isnt his account and hes panicked b/c his exchange is falling apart?

i just dont think the look on someones face makes very compelling evidence.  Undecided
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 616

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:18:48 AM

Interesting. I did a research in facial expressions (Lightman style) and non verbal communication.
I am still studying the FACS (Facial Action Coding System, developed by the "real lightman" Paul Ekman) and I'm planning to get my certificate.
I'll analyze later Mark's facial expressions for you guys.

I gotta go by now.
Gary13579

Activity: 31

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:20:43 AM

-> /thread

You obviously know nothing about linux.

A properly secured Linux box is very hard to break -- especially when it's designed to be a desktop and not a server.
bittencoin

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:24:25 AM

Interesting. I did a research in facial expressions (Lightman style) and non verbal communication.
I am still studying the FACS (Facial Action Coding System, developed by the "real lightman" Paul Ekman) and I'm planning to get my certificate.

I gotta go by now.

there are some genetic markers of "lying" genes, get his DNA for a full truth profile, it would be more conclusive.

BTC: 19FMotX6qyC9uc9H2ap1QPwj7RYScKU8UL
LTC: LTHF2HLQMNpYkWmS3ygiig7tqqP2hyiybi
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 616

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

I gotta go by now.

there are some genetic markers of "lying" genes, get his DNA for a full truth profile, it would be more conclusive.

lol there isn't such thing
I can detect certain lies, I have more skills detecting emotion based deception than the other types.
But in certain cases they might be enough.
I promise I'll be back later with a full blown analysis, right now I am too sleepy to do anything.

Cya later
DaMayan

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 10:19:45 AM

I have a theory in that bitcoins sold werent all real. Sure the bitcoin system cant double spend. But in the end Mt Gox trades on its own platform, which is just a site in SQL and code (ie. PHP) like most others. Such a site could be hacked in such a way that the traded bitcoins were not backed by actual bitcoins.
Explains why so many bitcoins were traded while no one account should have had that much.

Allthough that does require more/different hacking then a usertable that is found on the streets (so to say). Except if that usertable also included a admin password. But still possible.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.