Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:37:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: bcc may overtake btc just as eth did with etc  (Read 1103 times)
Midas111 (OP)

Activity: 772
Merit: 105

Close the federal reserve

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 01:53:16 AM

etc was ethereum and stuck with code is law. eth was the new hardfork that the majority was against. could be that bcc overtakes btc right? I mean if citibank cuts ties with btc that is... Grin

I enjoy working with the finest digital currency developers on earth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranih

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Snip - The Future of News on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 01:59:45 AM

It's completely different situation.
Eth was created as a result of the DAO "hack".

In the btc case, it's a dispute between the developers and the miners.

ChironRegera

Activity: 138

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:18:32 AM

ETH forked over a disagreement on how to handle DAO.  BTC is forking over a disagreement on how to scale.  OP is absolutely right in that Bitcoin Cash could overtake Bitcoin Classic/Core in the way that forked ETH overtook ETH classic.  
25hashcoin

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:29:28 AM

Very real chance. Likely IMO. BCC will have real utility and use over BTC. Everyone needs to pay close attention. Less people support segwit than it appears.

Bitcoin - Peer to Peer Electronic CASH
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:30:45 AM

etc was ethereum and stuck with code is law. eth was the new hardfork that the majority was against. could be that bcc overtakes btc right? I mean if citibank cuts ties with btc that is... Grin

ETH was forked because of DAO disaster and ethereum foundation have no any option rather than hardforking their network so the forked coin remain as ETH and the left one remain as ETC. Actually hacker have so much funds in ETC which limited the total circulating supply of ETH which made its price to surge 10x and even more.

Nothing is similar between ETH hardfork and bitcoin HF. BCC will be dumped like ETC while BTC will pump hard after split.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 02:31:01 AM

ETH forked over a disagreement on how to handle DAO.  BTC is forking over a disagreement on how to scale.  OP is absolutely right in that Bitcoin Cash could overtake Bitcoin Classic/Core in the way that forked ETH overtook ETH classic.  

Litecoin could also dominate. But for some reason it's not. Hmmm. I wonder. Maybe it's because bitcoin is better?
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10433

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 03:43:27 AM

i know it was so tempting to buy it specially because everyone was telling you to, and saying it is the future. but you shouldn't have fallen for it. now you have lost about -35% of your invested money and in 2 days you will lose somewhere around -80% to -95% of it also as the bitcoin users start receiving their BCC altcoin airdrop and dump it on the market.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Midas111 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:02:47 AM

i know it was so tempting to buy it specially because everyone was telling you to, and saying it is the future. but you shouldn't have fallen for it. now you have lost about -35% of your invested money and in 2 days you will lose somewhere around -80% to -95% of it also as the bitcoin users start receiving their BCC altcoin airdrop and dump it on the market.

i didnt buy either one, so I didnt lose or gain on either side. I know over 90% voted for no fork after the dao thing but the devs would have lost money so they forked.

Midas111 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:08:00 AM

Litecoin could also dominate. But for some reason it's not. Hmmm. I wonder. Maybe it's because bitcoin is better?

I use both ltc and btc. ltc has been faster and cheaper to transfer in my uses. IMO ltc is the best token of value over gold,fiat,btc,etc. because it has the more efficient tx qualities and all of the collateral benefits of btc. Why is btc better in your view?

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 3816

🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:12:05 AM

It's really hard to say for now which one will be the "more accepted" bitcoin version. Well as of now BTC looks ahead by alot based on the comments on BCC that I've been reading here and on Reddit. But whose to say that people can't change their minds in the future? I'm not saying it's going to happen, but I'm only saying that it's possible.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:22:36 AM

Let us all see when this hardfork is fully implemented. But as for my initial speculation, I think BTC will still remain on top. That is how I also observed the mood and pulse of many here. However, we will remain speculative until all the smoke clears out.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:25:45 AM

Bwahaha all the BCC investors are coming out of the woodwork to try and convince people to buy Shitcoin Cash, jeez why do people try to push BCC with the worst examples and anecdotes I've seen in a long time?

The Ethereum fork was due to something completely different, mainly a hack that broke the system. ETH beat ETC because of this, but ETH was the fork that carried "new"/"fixed" technology. ETC did not. That's not the same with the Bitcoin fork coming up. BTC carries with it Segwit and new tech, BCC is the old code for people who don't want to follow the pseudo-consensus.

I may be wrong but the example used does not fit the current situation. It all comes down to how smoothly the implementation is introduced.
Bdstar

Activity: 728
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:28:26 AM

Are you getting paid by BCC or something? You're being stupid don't know why.

Bitcoin will be bitcoin No one can take bitcoin's position. After August 1 BCC coins will have no buyers.

I heard so many bitcoin supports will kill the BCC markets on day 1. So, What you saying is Stupid and dumb.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:43:12 AM

I really don't think that BCC can overtake or decrown the Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the largest and the strongest cryptocurrency and why do you think that btc will go down that easy? No, bitcoin will stay in the top. Maybe bcc might get it to top 10 but not the top 1.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:47:12 AM

I don't take that the bcc or bitcoin cash will overtake bitcoin (original) because who are the people that supports bitcoin cash? maybe there are people but for sure they are few. This is the advantage of bitcoin because it already built a huge community in the market and bitcoin cash will be nothing compare to bitcoin so there is nothing to worry about.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:55:40 AM

ETH forked over a disagreement on how to handle DAO.  BTC is forking over a disagreement on how to scale.  OP is absolutely right in that Bitcoin Cash could overtake Bitcoin Classic/Core in the way that forked ETH overtook ETH classic. 

I use both ltc and btc. ltc has been faster and cheaper to transfer in my uses. IMO ltc is the best token of value over gold,fiat,btc,etc. because it has the more efficient tx qualities and all of the collateral benefits of btc. Why is btc better in your view?

Ditto here. Plus, scrypt is more accessible to smaller miners. The way I see it, BTC has the first mover advantage.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Midas111 (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 04:58:51 AM

Are you getting paid by BCC or something? You're being stupid don't know why.

Bitcoin will be bitcoin No one can take bitcoin's position. After August 1 BCC coins will have no buyers.

I heard so many bitcoin supports will kill the BCC markets on day 1. So, What you saying is Stupid and dumb.

No I am not invested in BCC in any way, I am not a miner and I dont trade futures. I was just reflecting on the eth/etc hardfork and questioning the assumption that btc will remain the most valuable coin. I remember when AOL was the biggest social media site and I believe change is always happening regardless of my or others bias. I was also dropping a snarky and unverifiable  hint as to btc secret origin with my original post in this thread.

enkayz

Activity: 298

hashbag.cc

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 05:02:12 AM

ive been using DNR lately and it's so fast it ain't funny.. notification appears in your wallet almost instantly
withdrawing from the tip bot in the chat, i get a notification pop up in my wallet before the i receive the tip bot's reply Cheesy

in regard to BTC/BCC i think BCC might have some change but there is a lot of people who know 'bitcoin / btc' and will just stick with it because its a known quantity. i don't see it dying any time soon, if the transaction times improve at all then it will probably still have a place in many peoples portfolios

hashbag.cc - where do you put your hash? region based stratums available now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2044808.new
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:13:42 AM

Still can't be predicted, I haven't see any enthusiastic about investing in BCC, maybe they will wait until August and decide what to do with it, but I think it won't be surpassed bitcoin, bitcoin investor and users is a lot, to decrease Bitcoin dominance using new coin is not that easy and it will take a very long time

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:23:15 AM

Very real chance. Likely IMO. BCC will have real utility and use over BTC. Everyone needs to pay close attention. Less people support segwit than it appears.

You should rather say, less miners are interested in SegWit. They know that BCC is just a temporary patch for scaling and within a few months, we will have a repeat of the problems we had. They benefit from situations like that, because they get higher miners fees from a congested network.

SegWit also apply counter measures for network spamming. < Making it very expensive >

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.
thadeius

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:25:14 AM

This is comparing apples and oranges.

The Ethereum hard fork did not change the code base or protocol in the least bit. It was as a result of the DAO hack in the early stages of the network. Whether this was the right thing to do remains up for debate.

The Bitcoin hard fork will change the protocol of Bitcoin. It arises from a long had philosophical debate about the true purpose and future of Bitcoin.
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:33:33 AM

Don't jump into conclusions.
We still don't know what will happen, yet.

Seems like the majority will wait after august 1st, then go to BCC sides or the other way around.
But, anything's possible.
micher143

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 05:59:41 AM

Don't jump into conclusions.
We still don't know what will happen, yet.

Seems like the majority will wait after august 1st, then go to BCC sides or the other way around.
But, anything's possible.
I don't think so because the btc is more popular now than the event that happen with eth and etc because the cryptocurrency that time is not that popular yet but now I think that bcc will not overtake the bitcoin it is just a new coin just like other coins.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:49:51 AM

ETC was the gimp chain in the ETH/ETC split, ETH didn't overtake ETC, it was always the main chain with most of the exchange support, mining power and higher price.
BCC will be the gimp chain in the BTC/BCC split. It won't overtake BTC, BTC will always be the main chain with most of the exchange support, mining power and higher price.

So apart from being 100% wrong, good point.
noictib

Merit: 515

One of the world's leading Bitcoin-powered casinos

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:29:00 AM

I understand the main factor that why it happened with ETH , in the ETH there was problem in the technology that was not much better according to the public need features to handle by the developers , so they replaced the ETC by ETC and New coin into ETH .
But here the conditions for the bitcoin is totally different , Here the new coin will be BCC not will be name BTC ( according to your logic ) , because the people mostly have the trust with the bitcoin not with the new coin .
And also here the users majority of bitcoin user are more and also there are many people who even don't know about the fork and putted thier btc in third party wallet for 3-4 years investment .
So here no case will arise where the team.of blockchain change the coin name or new by old .
CrowdFunder

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:45:21 AM

The difference is that ETH had majority support from the start while this time the fork (BCC) has almost no support. In fact a majority of people seem only interested in dumping it as fast as possible.
JorisK

Activity: 199
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 09:48:44 AM

Its more a dispute between the community and miners.
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:09:16 AM

That's not going to be happened, Perhaps your BCC believers because your saying this things. Actually your question is not helpful to anyone here in this forum. Your just showing that your not a true bitcoin enthusiast/believers, instead of encouraging your mate in this forum your giving others confusion and etc. Please excuse me for this things. Undecided
Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 11:11:15 AM

I have created a poll to see how the community views the fork and the future of bitcoin. Please answer the poll so we can have a statistically significant number of responses.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2048167.0;all

I am trying to be fair on that poll and included as many answers as I could think of. I will keep the poll open until a couple of hours before the Aug 1st fork. Let's see if the wisdom of the forum is indicative of how it will turn out.

Thank you for participating.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: