Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin job-agency / classfields portal  (Read 1810 times)
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
December 03, 2010, 09:32:57 AM

Hi everyone.

I am working on creating a bitcoin job-agency - or perhaps something more like classfields.

I have acquired two very neat scripts:

One is a proper job seeker's website script, where in order to view other people's offers one needs to be logged in as an emlpoyer. Also, it has the option of specifying monthly salary, but I am afraid that at this stage very few people (if any) would hire someone in their company and pay them with bitcoins on a monthly basis. Or perhaps I am wrong? I think it is a little bit too early for such a portal.

The other system I have in mind is a proper services directory or more like a classfields section in a newspaper. It will allow members to leave feedback if they use any of the services advertised. As for putting up ads, each person will be able to describe the service they offer in exchange for bitcoins, put pictures up, give directions to their office etc.

There will be a few different levels of membership. I will have to think of limitations, but it will be something like:

If you want to put up up to 2 ads it will be free.
To put up between 2 and say, 5 ads it will cost you a bitcoin or so.
etc.

The main reason for this limitation is to avoid spammers. I am not creating this website to make bitcoins, but by the same token I don't want spammers to put hundreds of fake ads up there. It is more, at this stage, for individuals/small businesses who want to offer their services for bitcoins. I would say very seldom there will be a situation where such entities would need more than 5 different ads in 5 different categories.

The ads will be valid for a certain amount of time (I think). They will have to be renewed then, unless you only have up to 2 of them. I will have to think about that, please let me know what you think.

Any suggestions are welcome, so please guys give me some feedback before the site goes up.

Oh, and the last thing. Do you think the domain name www.willworkforbitcoins.com is too long and awkward to be typed in?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anonymous

December 03, 2010, 03:01:50 PM

This will come in handy.

http://work4bitcoins.com ?

Cryptoman

Activity: 726
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 06:30:00 AM

I think it's a great idea.  It would be even better if you could incorporate some sort of reputation system (feedback).  I recommend that you choose a domain name that provides flexibility in your purpose since the market is still limited in scope.  Bitcoinclassifieds.com is available.

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." --Gandhi
Mahkul (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
December 04, 2010, 02:35:53 PM

I think it's a great idea.  It would be even better if you could incorporate some sort of reputation system (feedback).  I recommend that you choose a domain name that provides flexibility in your purpose since the market is still limited in scope.  Bitcoinclassifieds.com is available.

Thanks for the suggestion. There will be a feedback system. I am doing my best to have it all ready within 24 hours.

As for the domain name I used work4bitcoins.com, I could register bitcoinclassifieds.com as well and redirect, but probably not much point in that now since the logo will say work4bitcoins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: