Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:07:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SALT Community Membership  (Read 108216 times)
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:53:57 AM

The risk is not there.
But similar thing can be said with value transfer to the token holders, i.e. value transfer is not there.
Where is the value transfer to the token holders?

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dorky

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:56:46 AM

The way I see it, the SALT Lending project is primarily a pump-n-dump business model.
While early participants of the ICO may lock in their over 13x massive profits thru selling, they may also be using their holdings to pump up the price, thus one reason why no outsiders heard about it when it was selling for 0.75.
Buy some millions of tokens at 0.75, use them as collateral for USD borrowing, use the USD to pump up the token price, sell to fools, use the profits to settle the loan and buy up more token, use additional token for further borrowing, use the new borrowing to pump up the price, rinse and repeat.
This can be very feasibly done because the supply of tokens sold at 3 and below is far more significant and constitute a major bulk of the entire supply.
Considering the lack of liquidity of token sold at 5 and above, such pump-n-dump operations can be very easily carried out.
And pricing tier sold at 0.75, 1.5, 3, 5, and above are simply an obvious red flag.
I am not sure if Eric from Shapeshift is a co-founder, but I suspect he is just an appointed one to be a public figurehead.
This pump-n-dump business model is very brilliantly designed, may be very profitable, but highly unethical and immoral.

Edit:
There is very little to no value transfer to the token holders thru the usual means of economic utility, except thru pump-n-dump, based on current structure.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
totheMooon1221

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 12:28:39 PM

The SALT project looks quite promising.
And I know of some ways that can make it multiple times more promising.
Nevertheless, the total supply will be 120 million.
And at $12.5, that market cap would be $1.5 billion.
Relatively speaking, the current promise of SALT certainly does not justify it at such market cap level.
Buying after the listing + selloff would be far better than spending over $2k in the ICO and having to submit personal details for AML/KYC excuses.
I don't think that the price will be $12.5 soon.On Tuesday 22nd the SALT sale ended and sold out two retail tiers of 25,000 SALT at $10.00 and $12.50 each.
25,000 SALT is  A few percent of issued token.Everyone want to sell for less than $10.

That's not how any of this works. SALT will start trading over $15. Mark my words.  The tokens sold under $3 have lock-in and won't be tradable over the market for a long time.

Can you provide a source for the lock-up periods of specific token Tier types?
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

I am thinking of purchasing a significant amount from a private holder.  Current price is 12.50?  I don't see it falling under 10.00 . . but I could be wrong.  Boy, I wish I would have gotten in on the pre-sale . .

I've read the various comments here and see the issues with a potential pump and dump.  But I think that loans on the blockchain will be commonplace in the coming years, so it might be good to get in on this as early as possible.  I think long term, the price will go up.

I'd be interested to hear what some more of your thoughts are about SALT.

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:38:41 PM

The SALT project looks quite promising.
And I know of some ways that can make it multiple times more promising.
Nevertheless, the total supply will be 120 million.
And at $12.5, that market cap would be $1.5 billion.
Relatively speaking, the current promise of SALT certainly does not justify it at such market cap level.
Buying after the listing + selloff would be far better than spending over $2k in the ICO and having to submit personal details for AML/KYC excuses.
I don't think that the price will be $12.5 soon.On Tuesday 22nd the SALT sale ended and sold out two retail tiers of 25,000 SALT at $10.00 and $12.50 each.
25,000 SALT is  A few percent of issued token.Everyone want to sell for less than $10.

That's not how any of this works. SALT will start trading over $15. Mark my words.  The tokens sold under $3 have lock-in and won't be tradable over the market for a long time.

Can you provide a source for the lock-up periods of specific token Tier types?

Check the white paper.
lelouchzero

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 12:48:23 AM

I am thinking of purchasing a significant amount from a private holder.  Current price is 12.50?  I don't see it falling under 10.00 . . but I could be wrong.  Boy, I wish I would have gotten in on the pre-sale . .

I've read the various comments here and see the issues with a potential pump and dump.  But I think that loans on the blockchain will be commonplace in the coming years, so it might be good to get in on this as early as possible.  I think long term, the price will go up.

So you think that setting a Sell wall at $10 is going to somehow result in ppl buying it at more than 10$?
Aren't SALT being sold to general public for $10? So that means it's a price cap of $10, not a floor.
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:03:09 AM

So you think that setting a Sell wall at $10 is going to somehow result in ppl buying it at more than 10$?
Aren't SALT being sold to general public for $10? So that means it's a price cap of $10, not a floor.

Salt tokens will be sold to the public at market price +20% with a floor of $10. Last ICO tokens were sold at $12.50 which would make public token price $15 as current.

FOR RENT.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:13:52 AM

Salt tokens will be sold to the public at market price +20% with a floor of $10. Last ICO tokens were sold at $12.50 which would make public token price $15 as current.
lucky for those who support this when they got a chance to enter at 3$ so the value afterwards goes to 15$ introductory value inside exchange
the profits is really big for the early believers but because of the demands and roadmap many will still come and join this project which back up
by those  known personality inside crypto.
xeqoRameshAxueamExaqana

Activity: 770
Merit: 505

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 01:39:07 AM

where i can see addres collect youre ico selling
if over 3.5 million coin sold out with price 3 and 5 dollar
and not open bounty dev

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 06:32:54 AM

Got some Salt, but now i am feeling very sorry for not buying enough when i had a chance. Tongue
jeremy grol

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:46:51 PM

Wts 1 salt account with almost 1250k salt at 12.5usd each.
only bulk. And users should send first btc.
pm if interested
Evolvo

Activity: 528

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 04:07:55 AM

pm if interested

Out of curiousity...are you saying you have 1,250,000 SALT? Or 1250 SALT? Because the way you wrote it it comes off like you're trying to sell 15 million dollars worth of SALT.

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
jeremy grol

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:01:36 AM

pm if interested

Out of curiousity...are you saying you have 1,250,000 SALT? Or 1250 SALT? Because the way you wrote it it comes off like you're trying to sell 15 million dollars worth of SALT.

1250 SALT.  Wink
ensjovis

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:44:20 AM

pm if interested

1250 SALT.  Wink

I have 1300

I sell them for $7 each please PM
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 02:15:30 PM

I can part with some SALT tokens at $10. Escrow mandatory. I own quite a few so only serious buyers (Hero members, Legendary etc. that agree to slack and have $50k+ in capital for purchase). PM

FOR RENT.
FaYaAAa

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 03:35:52 PM

Their audit is taking ages  Cry
Dorky

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 04:26:25 AM

Lol, the price may go far lower than $7, or even $5, after getting listed.
Anyone missed out on the ICO can buy much cheaper after the listing, minus submitting any personal details for AML excuses.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
sarul
Copper Member

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:00:26 AM

Lol, the price may go far lower than $7, or even $5, after getting listed.
Anyone missed out on the ICO can buy much cheaper after the listing, minus submitting any personal details for AML excuses.
Yeah, it's obviously happening in a few days after get listed on exchanger. Price may drop till up to 50% in first - second weeks. Really a great opportunity to get SALT token below ICO price.
Blakesss

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 06:23:47 AM

I'm really excited for the launch of the SALT platform. It'll be amazing to be able to use cryptos as collateral to access fiat loans instead of having to sell the cryptos altogether. This token has so much utility value, and being first to the crypto loan plate gives SALT a huge advantage in this greenfield market.

Instead of being worried about the theoretical post-release spot value of SALT, I'd instead focus on the intense utility value this token offers. Once cryptos reach mainstream adoption, the SALT platform will attract so much network effect. When millions of dollars are being borrowed through the platform the spot token value will go through the roof.
Dorky

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:26:22 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 03:49:57 AM by Dorky

I'm really excited for the launch of the SALT platform. It'll be amazing to be able to use cryptos as collateral to access fiat loans instead of having to sell the cryptos altogether. This token has so much utility value, and being first to the crypto loan plate gives SALT a huge advantage in this greenfield market.

Instead of being worried about the theoretical post-release spot value of SALT, I'd instead focus on the intense utility value this token offers. Once cryptos reach mainstream adoption, the SALT platform will attract so much network effect. When millions of dollars are being borrowed through the platform the spot token value will go through the roof.

Regardless of the spot price, a major bulk of the utility value is still on the pump-n-dump structure.
On economic utility, it has very little.

The whitepaper mentioned a cash repo market value of over $1 quadrillion, but most of this figure will not be directly related to the token holders.

The ones standing to benefit much from this may very likely be the tokens/digital assets that can be traded at Shapeshift, including the SALT token itself.
This is why I said it is a pump-n-dump structure.

People that will borrow and lend will not be using the money for economic productivity, i.e. opening factories, setting up shops, etc.
Instead, the money will be used for pumping up the token/digital asset used as collateral for loans.
And this can be anything traded in Shapeshift, be it bitcoin, ethereum, tenx, omisego, bancor, etc, including SALT token itself.

Lots of money can (and will be) made, but this is no less a sinful activity.
Definitely not an honest business.
It is not an honest business because whenever a token/digital asset is being pumped up, lots of hypes will be promoted and sold to gullible participants.
Those people believing in the hype will lose their money.
Of course in trading/investing, losing money is normal.
But losing money to hype is not the same as losing money to a valid business.
Losing money to a valid business can be recovered in time.
Losing money to a hype cannot be recovered, except thru the next round of pumping and hyping.
So it is like a sin that can only benefit the perpetrator if it is being continuously perpetuated from time to time.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: