Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:29:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex lies about BCH distribution, stiffing myself and others  (Read 213 times)
tewgaz (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:33:24 PM

Bitfinex made it perfectly clear in their initial post that anyone holding BTC during the fork would be credited BCH.  Any margin longing or shorting would not affect your BCH allocation.

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/212
"All BTC wallet balances will receive BCH"
"Margin shorts in BTC/USD and margin longs in XXX/BTC will not pay BCH"

This blatantly opened them up for a situation where there would be people capitalizing on this, shorting without fear of BCH ramifications.  They acknowledged this in their post, and said they understood it wasn't perfect but they were going with this policy.

Then the fork happened, and they decided to change their minds.  Now accounts with BTC balances and margin shorts got 0 BCH.  This runs in direct opposition to their stated policy.  Not only that, but they have the audacity to accuse people of "manipulation" for simply adhering to their own rules.

I chose to keep BTC on Bitfinex during the fork, because they promised me my rightful BCH.  I traded before and after the fork, because they are an exchange.  I am owed BCH and expect Bitfinex to compensate me accordingly.

Who else is in this situation?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: