Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:42:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex will support BCC - All BTC holders will get BCC  (Read 3966 times)
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 11:36:14 AM

Bittrex has seen the potential of bcc and so it has supported bcc unlike other exchangers. But I guess we do not need to worry since even if bittrex will support BCC then just convert it to altcoins  so you can send it to other exchanges. But BCC is not that bad, it is also good to get hold of bcc since it has also potential just like ethereum classic. It is a good opportunity to have bcc its just like joining in an ICO , I am sure that it will also grow in value but not like bitcoin. So it is a good idea to have both bitcoin and BCC at the same time. But I guess there will a great impact on bittrex because almost all of its users  are bitcon holders and possibly their market will not widen instead their customers will likely lessen due to their BCC adoption.
You know there are other exchanges that will be supporting BCC, right?
I mean, Bittrex is hardly the only on, Kraken will also be supporting BCC and I've seen some rumors that Bitfinex is also considering supporting it.

Don't take this post as a plea for or against bcc though, just correcting your errors here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ciappa

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:39:57 PM

Sorry but i dont understand it clearly how it will work on bittrex

if i have 1 bitcoin on bittrex, i will get 1btc + 1bcc ?

thanks a lot

███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██ ▀███▀  ▀█
██        ▀█
██▄       ██
█▀█▄     ███
██▄▄▄▄▄█████

██████▀▀▀███
█████  ▄▄███
████    ████
█████  █████
█████▄▄█████
Whitepaper
Announcement
Bounty
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███
  ███
  ███

█████
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█    ▀█
█▀▄  █
█████

███
  ███

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:43:06 PM

Segwit2x even after 2Mb block size increase will be not viable, so Bitcoin Cash will become new Bitcoin in eyes of ordinary people and will grow accordingly.
If the ordinary people are well informed then they can differentiate between the two and not patronise Bitcoin Cash, I dont want any bitcoin cash, All i want is the bitcoin i have been using all these while.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
LodisMcguire

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:58:57 PM

So what do you think,bittrex user,do you sell your altcoin to get BCC? Or didn't care about BCC at all?
And what do you think about BCC price in bittrex,people will dump it as soon as possible or hold?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:07:29 PM

Don't see the reason why would they do that, this is just another altcoin, doesn't have anything to do with Bitcoin. Anyway, I got the feeling that majority of exchangers, at least those bigest and most important ones, will not support BCC. Could be a lot of confunsions before and shortly after August 1 until everything gets back to normal.

Same as always: Money. Most people lack any morals, they just want to make the most money. For Bittrex, this is just another opportunity to get traffic into their website and rack up trading fees, even if supporting Bitcoin Cash is bad because anything that supports a fork of BTC is bad in definition. But we can't do nothing about it. Let them host it.

Same for Kraken, these guys don't care, they just want the fees.

And im not saying that the rest of exchange have a moral standing about this. I guess that they concluded from a business POV that it is not profitable to list BCC for them.
Adelajda

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:50:43 PM

Don't see the reason why would they do that, this is just another altcoin, doesn't have anything to do with Bitcoin. Anyway, I got the feeling that majority of exchangers, at least those bigest and most important ones, will not support BCC. Could be a lot of confunsions before and shortly after August 1 until everything gets back to normal.
The reality is that bitcoin cash is getting more support from the community and it is a really good news for the traders in bittrex as they do not need to move their coins to their wallet and instead they could continue trading as usual ,i see that some of the markets are not accepting it but in this situation they could loose some profits because everyone will withdraw the coins at this period and i think supporting them will not harm their profits.
Zemangat

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:07:03 PM

I think the development of BCC in the future .. will be alt coin interesting and in interest by all circles of users crytocoin .. like ETH .. BCC will be a companion for bitcoin. But I still doubt if BCC can compete with bitcoin .. because I think orsng people prefer bitcoin than altcoin.
followmenot

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:11:29 PM

Yes they belong the ones who believe BCC can be big so they reward people choosing. But I still think that BCC won't replace bitcoin in just a day. It will never really. It is just another alternative for now and who knows where it goes? We will see after many months.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
mayax
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:20:28 PM

Yes they belong the ones who believe BCC can be big so they reward people choosing. But I still think that BCC won't replace bitcoin in just a day. It will never really. It is just another alternative for now and who knows where it goes? We will see after many months.

all the e-currencies from the past were replaced with new ones. BTC will fall like any other.
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:29:20 PM

I finally decided, i'm parking my coins on Bittrex, and letting them handle all this splitting nonsense. i feel like everyone is going to liquidate, and Bittrex is a pretty popular market, so its going to be better than fighting the crowd to get to the exchange. I dont see any reason why Bittrex would rip us off, they have been really solid for a while now (unlike BTCE, Liqui.io, or Poloniex). Its not quite as safe as holding my own keys, by a long shot, but I cant manage the opportunity cost of mot being ready to trade, the moment I can.
Rahar02

Activity: 910
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:35:29 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 11:47:14 PM by Rahar02

People will cash out bcash as soon as possible while its price still $300 https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-cash/ even though it's already decline since the first time I heard about it over $500. Bittrex, Kraken, Bithumb and Bitfinex will support bitcoin cash and it's a good thing, so that people could trade bcash on those exchanges. Maybe tomorrow, we will see bcash blood bath in most exchanges that has listed it.
mamaita

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:36:56 PM

Many take advantage of moments like this to make a profit, just for free, just by storing BTC in bittrex they will get BCC a number of brands they have in bitrrex, easy?
The same thing I will do when else there is something like this again
niceli

Activity: 197
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:39:08 PM

So can I still transfer all my altcoins on bittrex to btc and Receiver bcc for it?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:47:22 PM

So can I still transfer all my altcoins on bittrex to btc and Receiver bcc for it?

I don't know if you can transfer funds now or not.  They started locking down transactions 24hrs prior to the split tonight.  And it sounds like they will remain that way until they are confident the network is stable.  So it will be a wait and see from here.

I don't know I would risk trying to move your funds now.
pdpanzer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:48:54 PM

Segwit2x even after 2Mb block size increase will be not viable, so Bitcoin Cash will become new Bitcoin in eyes of ordinary people and will grow accordingly.

You are here to spam and promote BCC. Again, stop talking for others (ordinairy people) and start talking for yourself only.
Yes,they are just trying to spread FUD.Most of big exchanges have already announced that they would not support BCC.This announcement has made BCC officials sad and here this newbie is just trying to promote BCC by giving false information.Bitcoin with segwit being activated would solve the only critical issue of transaction problem and its price would just sky rocket.

Most big exchanges according to your Alternative Facts. Here's a list of exchanges that will open trading of BCC:

ViaBTC
Coin
kraken
bitfinex
kex
huobi
hitbtc
MercadoBitcoin
coinfloor
QuadrigaCX
korbit
Toubi
bitcoins Norway

That is in addition to those exchanges that will honor's client rightful right to both chains if there is a split, like Bittrex.

Only Poloniex and Coinbase are the very large ones that are screwing the customers AND WILL TAKE ADVANTAGE BY SELLING THE COINS FOR THEIR PROFIT USING THEIR CLIENTS FUNDS (aka BTCs).

Federico
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:51:17 PM

Bittrex may not have BCC market.

Are there any exchanges where we can dump BCC?

Can we register in Chinese exchanges just to dump BCC?

ViaBTC seems to have tight KYC/AML rules (nooot that I asked, far relatives gathered that information, golly that you judge meh as a BCC dumper from far away, whatsnot) which might hinder that aproach.

ALL SITES should redeem BCC, there has been at least 1 site (unnamed here) that simply pockets customer's portfolio opportunities which is a no-go. Tradesites doing that should end up black flagged.
worthy1

Activity: 187
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:53:05 PM

So what do you think,bittrex user,do you sell your altcoin to get BCC? Or didn't care about BCC at all?
And what do you think about BCC price in bittrex,people will dump it as soon as possible or hold?
Bittrex have stated they will honour the BCC airdrop and will handle it but they are not opening up trading on it straight away.

People think millions/billions of BCC will show up straight away for people, it wont so those relying on dumping while the price is high are crazy. I also think BTC will take a tumble just to push the price down of BCC even further to show it who is truly king, then recover when everyone has sod their BCC for $20....
pdpanzer

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:53:48 PM

I don't know if you can transfer funds now or not.  They started locking down transactions 24hrs prior to the split tonight.  And it sounds like they will remain that way until they are confident the network is stable.  So it will be a wait and see from here.

I don't know I would risk trying to move your funds now.

If you are desperate for BCC and are too late to transfer BTC out of your exchange you can switch to any exchange that __promised__ (risk implied) to provide any coins there is a split. Eg. assume you are on Gdax, you can't move your BTC out. If you buy BTC, it only gets BTC. You can trade of ETH (or LTC) and transfer to an exchange that will credit on fork moment, like Bittrex. Transfer the ETH or LTC to Bittrex, then buy BTC and HOLD until after the snapshop 5:20 Pacific Time (don't sell so close to the snapshot though!).

Challenge is you don't know when the BCC wallet will be made available for transfers, nor when and if they will open BCC for trading (there). But it's best than having BTC at Coinbase or Poloniex. You have also missed the windows for those that did Token splits (like Bitfinex).
posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:37:02 PM

Keep in mind that for select to customers they are actually going to keep in service two wallets. If you were one of these select customers, did you have already received a second email. If you're just looking at the one email that never mind, however if you think that you have, check spam all the email addresses you use with that website and everything then you are either looking at one email which pretty much sticks with the announcement that you looking at here, or that email followed quickly by a second email letting you know that you wanted their select customers and that you're going to be able to choose which wallet to use.
kayeme

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:38:32 PM

Looks like Bittrex is waiting for blocks to be mined before crediting BCC, unfortunate because I wanted to dump my coins there. For now Kraken is the only exchange with reliable pricing on it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: