Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:55:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to claim Bitcoin Cash from paper wallet?  (Read 23313 times)
Azu88

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:24:55 AM

ok , i understand more better . Thx Smiley
nwnc666

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:40:06 AM

Hi there,
Im really new and really confused  Huh

In short;
I have BTC on a paper wallet and I want to claim BCC of course, so basically what i have to do its:

Scan my paper wallet with a wallet who support BTC and BCC. and thats it?
(because not all wallets, like blockchain for example, will support BCC)

thanks for all the help!

Cheesy

Justaguy2

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:25:59 AM

Hi there,

In short;
I have BTC on a paper wallet and I want to claim BCC of course, so basically what i have to do its:

thanks for all the help!

Cheesy

I wouldn't do this because then you give the private key of your bitcoin to that exchange. i explained in a previous post what is best.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:30:42 AM

Hi there,

In short;

thanks for all the help!

Cheesy

I think it is not possible to paper wallet may be, you need to have a private key in order to claim the Airdrop. Already many people have transferred their Bitcoin to hard wallet which has a private for getting BCC coins.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:39:38 AM

BTC wallet will soon holding both BTC and BCC soon, that why no worries at all... by the way this thread is very informative thanks for the post i learn a lot... please keep updating this thread until fork are done... "bookmark"

layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:52:12 AM

Its already August 1 when should we expect to see BCC in our wallets? Is there anyone got their BCC? Or we need to wait more? Is the fork started? I am excited to this update but I am worried if anything bad would happened.
Azu88

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:00:41 PM

so if my BTC is in paper wallet , i can have the same BCC ?
what i have to do becouse the last 3 post put me agin in confusion
where is better sweep the private key ? and what exactly i have to do for have the same ammount in BCC ?
thx
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:57:40 PM

where is better sweep the private key ? and what exactly i have to do for have the same ammount in BCC ?
thx

As I understand it:

1. Sweep the entire balance of your paper wallet to a NEW bitcoin address, using a wallet that supports bitcoin - that way you know your BTC is safe and has been moved away from the original paper wallet

2. Sweep the entire balance of the same paper wallet to a new BitcoinCash address, using a (probably different) wallet that supports BCC

3. (optional) move your bitcoin to a new paper wallet
nwnc666

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:29:02 PM

thx

As I understand it:

1. Sweep the entire balance of your paper wallet to a NEW bitcoin address, using a wallet that supports bitcoin - that way you know your BTC is safe and has been moved away from the original paper wallet

2. Sweep the entire balance of the same paper wallet to a new BitcoinCash address, using a (probably different) wallet that supports BCC

3. (optional) move your bitcoin to a new paper wallet

This is the best and short explication so far.
thanks a lot!
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3993

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:49:19 PM

The only thing you should have is private key of your bitcoin address where you have to store all of your bitcoins before 31st july.

During hardfork bitcoincash will take blockchain snapshot and it will credit similar about of BCC to all bitcoin holding addresses at the time of that snapshot.

So when you will import that private key in BCC compatible wallet like jaxx in future you will see same amount of BCC which you can move afterwards.

Just put your bitcoin in paper wallet and relax.

I got this fact: if you have a paper wallet with private keys, you will have an equal number of BTC and Bcash after Aug 1.

What i don't get is how to sweep BOTH your BTC AND Bcash afterwards using THE SAME key.

Say, you swept your BTC (after Aug 1) to Electrum or blockchain.info wallet.
By doing so you presumably exposed the private key to your paper wallet.
It is OK for BTC because it is now all swept into a new wallet, but you still have Bcash associated with the paper wallet.
You have to use THE SAME private key to move it (Bcash), but that key was already exposed, isn't it?
This does not sound safe (after Aug 1), unless you are sweeping to a wallet that would automatically give you both BTC and Bcash.

It is really not that hard to understand:

BTC => move it to a new adress that you only know the private key of.
BCC => Use same old BTC adress to move your BCC to a NEW adress.

sell or keep.

I prefer not selling due to the market being all crazy right now. just wait till we know that all nodes are staying put and then make a move. Rest assured big wales will do the same if there is a lot of money envolved.

won't you EXPOSE your private key (of the paper wallet) when you make that first move, hence someone can steal your BCH (it's not BCC, pal). My question was ONLY regarding paper wallets. I understand how to move from Electrum.
Bitttcoiner

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:07:20 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2017, 07:19:42 PM by Bitttcoiner

Hi, guys!
I have got the BTC paper wallets too. As you know there is a website where you can enter a bitcoin address and check if there are bitcoins on it: blockchain.info
And there is the etherscan.io for the etherium.
I suppose that there should be the similar web service for the Bitcoin Cash currency where you can check the coins by address. Has anyone heard about it? I could not find out the website with this service.
Azu88

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:14:38 PM

Hi to all !
anyone have just start to move the BTC after the Fork from paper wallet ? if Yes , where have import the paperwallet ? electrum ?
and have just use the same private key for the BCH (BCC) ? and where he import the key for the BCH ?
which exchange or wallet for you is the most serius for BCH ?
i suppose after the 24 hours the fork start ,we can start operated ?
THX to all
Bitttcoiner

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:21:52 AM

Has anybody claimed or seen his Bitcoin Cash amount anywhere?
DocSnyd3r (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 10:34:58 AM

Again move away your Bitcoins to a new paper wallet first !!!

This is just a precaution if you end up with a manipulated BCC/BCH wallet all your Bitcoins are gone. This can happen manipulated LTC wallets have been seen in the wild they replaced them on the webserver!

Also once the private key got used on an online PC it is best practice not to use it anymore.

I claimed mx BCC/BCH and did some test transactions with a board member here, see Electrum Cash thread.

3ADZdEawDgfhcHaXzZorX1aVxv7s2Ppv9e (beer BTC)
bber2343

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:16:19 PM

I'm still  confused. Do I import twice: once to a Bitcoin Wallet and a 2nd time to a Bitcoin Cash wallet?
bitcalm

Activity: 27
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:25:11 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2021, 08:29:31 PM by bitcalm

my 2cent from a while ago. i changed my mind.

Azu88

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:44:05 PM

Hi ,
anyone have try claimed the BCC orBCH ?

i have BTC in paper wallet .
so
i can import in Blockchain .info and for be sure move them in other address in blockchain info . so i suppose they are safe .
then where i can import the same private key for have bcc ?
do someone have just try with one BCC wallet that have the function of sweep ?
which the best ? and safe ?
thx
nwnc666

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:37:27 PM

Alright so this is what i did:

1- Swap your BTC from the paper wallet with BLOCKCHAIN (found out its the one who has the smallest fee).
2- get COINOMI wallet app, select BCC (Bitcoin Cash) and scan the same paper wallet.

Thats how i got the Bitcoin Cash and in a separated wallet my normal Bitcoin...
from there you can move it around of course to trade and everything but u have to keep in mind there will be fees. Wink

let me know if worked for you guys!
Azu88

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 01:43:55 PM

Hi , i just try now sweep one paper wallet in electrum connected with my Ledger nano s .
the BTC i can see now in ledger wallet bitcoin and in electrum , but cant see in leger wallet bitcoin cash
what i have to do ?
thx
DocSnyd3r (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:11:15 PM

Why sweet this costs money simply import the key. To move BTC you have to pay but then just import the empty wallet which still holds you BCH.

3ADZdEawDgfhcHaXzZorX1aVxv7s2Ppv9e (beer BTC)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: