Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:20:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EMX | Trade Futures on Stocks, Bonds, Commodities  (Read 9061 times)
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 03:26:07 PM

They say ANN + bounty, but no bounty at all, from a small thing they've tried to cheat, let alone a bigger thing, be careful with people like this, do not believe it easy

Hi Adykingcity, thanks for your comment.  Things were a little hectic yesterday since we just announced the project publicly for the first time.  I hope you'll understand. Smiley  We had a few investors reach out to us about seed funding, and we've been very close to bringing on board two new team members with valuable skills whom we've been talking with for a while.  We were being dragged in a few different directions.

That being said, we're going to announce the bounties soon -- most likely within 48 hours.  We're going to have bounties for marketing on different forms of media, including blogs, twitter, and facebook.
 We're going to have translation bounties for 6-10 of the top languages.  I'm meeting with our marketing director Justin later today to hash things out.  We were going to wait on our announcement post until we had all the bounty details straightened out, but my friend-- who's a Staff member at this forum-- was around yesterday to help so we just decided to post then.

Thanks for your patience!  I can PM you too when we announce if you like.

I've also interested on the bounties, I hope that we'll get a good news about this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evermarkets (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 03:29:33 PM

Will sold contracts clear on legacy systems (ICE, CME), or will you clear them on the blockchain?

All contracts will clear on the blockchain.  We are not affiliated with existing exchanges, and can even envision offering more contracts than they do in the future.

EMX | Trade equity, currency, and commodity futures
★ $1,200 Trillion+ Market ★ Ripe for Disruption ★ Massive Growth
» Twitter | » Reddit | » Telegram
wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 03:45:36 PM

Will sold contracts clear on legacy systems (ICE, CME), or will you clear them on the blockchain?

All contracts will clear on the blockchain.  We are not affiliated with existing exchanges, and can even envision offering more contracts than they do in the future.

Are you settling these as OTC then? Are you mapping back to the legacy options with things like delivery points and contract sizes? Will pricing be tied to legacy options?

Lets say I want to buy a call on crude for Sept '17 @ 4750.0. CME has it at $2.80 (for example) - do you imagine your contract would trade at a different price than that?

Since these other exchanges have such a large portion of the liquidity on commodities options, does all your internal liquidity come from your quant desk?
evermarkets (OP)

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 04:04:39 PM

Are you settling these as OTC then? Are you mapping back to the legacy options with things like delivery points and contract sizes? Will pricing be tied to legacy options?

Lets say I want to buy a call on crude for Sept '17 @ 4750.0. CME has it at $2.80 (for example) - do you imagine your contract would trade at a different price than that?

Since these other exchanges have such a large portion of the liquidity on commodities options, does all your internal liquidity come from your quant desk?

Expiry prices will be set by oracles, which are tied to existing exchanges or other real-world data sources (at least in the short-medium term).  Most non- expiry trades will be free to execute at wherever price such that volume is maximized.  Ideally this would be at or near the midpoint of existing exchanges.  You can think of our platform as an alternate source for futures liquidity.

We will have an internal quant desk to help supply liquidity, yes, but envision third-party traders (more like arbitrageurs) assisting as well.  We will also solicit external parties to provide liquidity on our platform.  The latter part of this strategy can be a relationships game, so we will need experienced sales people to help in this.  We have a few in mind who are interested in joining after a successful token sale (they haven't joined yet).

A few members of our team have experience creating dark pools, and have been involved in creating some of the biggest in the world.  We've done this before, albeit in equities.  To that end, we are aiming to be transparent in execution.  We intend to having competitive spreads relative to CME (if we didn't, we wouldn't be able to host a ton of liquidity).

wavelengthsf

Activity: 658
Merit: 118

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:38:44 PM

Expiry prices will be set by oracles, which are tied to existing exchanges or other real-world data sources (at least in the short-medium term).  Most non- expiry trades will be free to execute at wherever price such that volume is maximized.  Ideally this would be at or near the midpoint of existing exchanges.  You can think of our platform as an alternate source for futures liquidity.

We will have an internal quant desk to help supply liquidity, yes, but envision third-party traders (more like arbitrageurs) assisting as well.  We will also solicit external parties to provide liquidity on our platform.  The latter part of this strategy can be a relationships game, so we will need experienced sales people to help in this.  We have a few in mind who are interested in joining after a successful token sale (they haven't joined yet).

A few members of our team have experience creating dark pools, and have been involved in creating some of the biggest in the world.  We've done this before, albeit in equities.  To that end, we are aiming to be transparent in execution.  We intend to having competitive spreads relative to CME (if we didn't, we wouldn't be able to host a ton of liquidity).

Sounds cool - I'll send over a mail about the presale!
evermarkets (OP)

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 03:31:51 AM

Just need no transaction fees

Hi No.14,

We really wanted to make this a free service too, but realized it would not be possible.

At a minimum, we would need transaction fees to record trades on the blockchain.  For any extra services, like offering leverage, we'd need to compensate lenders as well (as you would now to, say, a broker).

If fees are a given, we decided that the best way to ensure that these costs are manageable and competitive is to make them a market in and of themselves.  That's what we're looking to do: any service, such as offering leverage or maintain markets, should have low barriers to entry and low switching costs.  They should be as transparent as possible.  That's how you protect against monopoly pricing power.  That's how you keep fees low.  And that's the kind of platform we're building.

Happy to answer any further comments.

Kanoe_Yuuko

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 03:35:35 AM

This is a very interesting project, I want to translate it to japanese language if it is permitted. But I am interested to also invest in this project, is there a pre-sale price for this project? What will I get if I buy 1 ETH?
termion

Activity: 910
Merit: 533

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 04:11:10 AM

I want reserve RUSSIAN translation Whitepaper and ANN. I have small threads - therefore i pay great attention each .. My previous works:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1866226
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1875512
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1931949
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2038515  
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2045418    

I always moderate thread  
evermarkets (OP)

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 04:39:30 AM

This is a very interesting project, I want to translate it to japanese language if it is permitted. But I am interested to also invest in this project, is there a pre-sale price for this project? What will I get if I buy 1 ETH?

We've actually had a lot of interest for a presale.  We are still finalizing a few last details with our lawyers, and will announce in this forum and our site when available.  You can drop us an email at presale@evermarkets.com and we can let you know as well when it's ready.

Appreciate the interest.  We're very excited about this project and think it's going to be a game changer for futures trading and financial markets as a whole.  Thanks.

evermarkets (OP)

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 03:13:03 AM

We've received a few inquiries about our bounty program.  We are finalizing them now and will post in the next few hours.  Thank you for your patience.

Chibongvdg

Activity: 561
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:18:11 AM

We've received a few inquiries about our bounty program.  We are finalizing them now and will post in the next few hours.  Thank you for your patience.

That's a great news. I will keep an eye on this project. Thanks dev!
imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:29:47 AM

That's a great news. I will keep an eye on this project. Thanks dev!

really great news. i was yesterday cam on here and i clock on notify for bounty news. so now just received notification. i hope i will get info about bounty as soon as possible. thank you
SimpeleSimpele

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:37:57 AM

this mean youre project can open exchanger with margin trading
when open ico selling dev ?
and when open bounty
evermarkets (OP)

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 05:19:32 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 03:28:58 AM by evermarkets

We have just posted a separate bounties thread.  I will remove '+Bounties' from the subject line from this announcement thread.  Please direct any bounty-related posts to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059736.new

Thank you.

imtiazmahmood

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:40:46 AM

We have just posted a separate bounties thread.  I will remove '+Bounties' from the subject line from this announcement thread.  Please direct any bounty-related posts to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2058029.msg

Thank you.

thank you sir i will support this project because looks this is very interested and promising project.
evermarkets (OP)

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 03:30:25 AM

this mean youre project can open exchanger with margin trading
when open ico selling dev ?
and when open bounty

Yes, we will have margin trading.  There is a writeup in the whitepaper, but we hope to do an expanded write up in the future.

Please note we have moved the bounty thread to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2059736.new

l10no

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:39:32 AM

Other markets, this project has a good long-term plan, a very careful plan, it seems very avoid any bad risks, the project also has a good team, hopefully they are reliable, good luck team
yaoye0o

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:55:52 AM

Everything looking very nice,I decided to invest in the project and I hope this will be the right decision.
Wishing for the project will be successful than what I expected
monocolor

Activity: 766
Merit: 621

Own ONION

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 04:05:06 AM

newbie scam again. you can put all the keywords there, but newbie is a newbie, and newbie collect money? it's a joke.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
evermarkets (OP)

Founder of EMX

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 04:19:53 AM

newbie scam again. you can put all the keywords there, but newbie is a newbie, and newbie collect money? it's a joke.

Hi,

The bitcointalk account is new solely because we made a new one in anticipation of this project.  If anything, I thought it would be more professional.  We have put our real names on the project and you can feel free to double check that we are who we say we are.  We have a very reputable law firm providing guidance, and forum staff member wangbus personally knows one of our members (as he stated on the second post).

Thanks for reading though monocolor, and if I can answer any other questions for you I'd be happy to.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: