Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:42:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting tired of uninstalling and reinstalling...  (Read 1121 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:48:42 PM

I've had to to uninstall and then reinstall the armory 5 times in the past week. This is getting ridiculous. Is there a way I can go back to the old version or something?

This is the error I always get.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:52:20 PM

I've had to to uninstall and then reinstall the armory 5 times in the past week. This is getting ridiculous. Is there a way I can go back to the old version or something?

This is the error I always get.

Really?  So you reinstall, and it works for some time, but then next time you open it gets that error? 

Obviously, that is not intended behavior.  I'm not aware that it needed to be done more than once (when you upgrade from the previous version).

If you want to go back to the previous version, you can go to the googlecode downloads page:  https://code.google.com/p/bitcoinarmory/downloads/list

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
rottenchris

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:24:15 PM

Well... kind of the same error on my side. Windows 8 64bit, Armory 88.1. Armory starts fine and does all the bitcoind and transaction scanning. After leaving it alone (=close it to the tray) for some time it terminates itself with the same runtime error message that opentoe posted. Started with Armory 0.88.
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 01:33:44 PM

Well... kind of the same error on my side. Windows 8 64bit, Armory 88.1. Armory starts fine and does all the bitcoind and transaction scanning. After leaving it alone (=close it to the tray) for some time it terminates itself with the same runtime error message that opentoe posted. Started with Armory 0.88.

But do you have to reinstall it when you restart it? 

Ugh.  I'm working diligently on the next major upgrade, which I'm hoping will resolve all these issues.  Sounds like I need to do this ASAP.

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
rottenchris

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 01:50:10 PM

No! It terminates with the runtime error but I can start it again right away.

I THINK (need some more time testing it) that in my case the screensaver together with the lockscreen for windows might be the troublemaker. After switching the screensaver and lock screen off, it now seems to be stable.

I will report back after finishing some more "testing".
rottenchris

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:18:24 PM

Okay... The runtime error I get will only happen if armory runs and windows is forced to go into the lock screen. It does not happen right away but after 10minutes or so in the lock screen, armory is terminated with a runtime error.

Strange.
etotheipi
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 04:02:46 PM

Okay... The runtime error I get will only happen if armory runs and windows is forced to go into the lock screen. It does not happen right away but after 10minutes or so in the lock screen, armory is terminated with a runtime error.

Strange.

Ahh, I bet the harddrives spin down and/or the network connection is disabled.  That would most certainly mess with Armory.  I don't even know what would happen...

I have sleep/hibernate/spin-down disabled on all my systems, so I would never notice...

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 02, 2013, 11:22:11 AM

This runtime error is happening even without lockscreen. Just BOOM, shutdown while scanning transaction history. Restart, same thing. Can't use it at all now.
LordGobbletooth

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 03, 2013, 01:30:49 AM

Regarding the fix...I have Armory installed in a truecrypt partition and I have no idea how to uninstall it. There's no "Uninstall button". Using control panel doesn't even list Armory. What do I do?

I also can't install the new version because it tells me I already have a different installation happening at the same time - WTF?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: