Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on blockchain can't retrieve  (Read 373 times)
cazhaz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:07:04 AM

Hi ya all.  Please help if you can.  Months ago I set up a blockchain wallet and instead of activating it and giving the internal number upon purchase I sent the bitcoin to the wallet address.  Not much of a techie am I?  Anyway I did it in the hope it would increase in value and I'd be able to buy my son a nice 21st on account of I've never been able to afford anything nice for him.  Anyway it's gone up in value and his birthday is in September but I can't retrieve it.  I see it on the blockchain.info as unspent.  Blockchain wallet do not have a secret key but I've got the 12 words.  Am I able to retrieve it or is all hope gone?  It's 2.033 bitcoins so it's probably not a lot for you guys but it's more than I'd ever be able to save up for him. 
Casy

Activity: 149
Merit: 22

🔴🔵 FoxMixer.com 🔵🔴

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 10:10:40 AM

Well, sending bitcoins to an address where you don't have the private keys gives you very little hope for recovery.
I don't really understand who the owner of the address is you sent your bitcoins to, but maybe you can contact him, though there's little chance of success.

cazhaz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:22:31 AM

That make me so sad and mad at myself.  Thank you.
JorisK

Activity: 199
Merit: 128

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 10:38:17 AM

Hi ya all.  Please help if you can.  Months ago I set up a blockchain wallet and instead of activating it and giving the internal number upon purchase I sent the bitcoin to the wallet address.  Not much of a techie am I?  Anyway I did it in the hope it would increase in value and I'd be able to buy my son a nice 21st on account of I've never been able to afford anything nice for him.  Anyway it's gone up in value and his birthday is in September but I can't retrieve it.  I see it on the blockchain.info as unspent.  Blockchain wallet do not have a secret key but I've got the 12 words.  Am I able to retrieve it or is all hope gone?  It's 2.033 bitcoins so it's probably not a lot for you guys but it's more than I'd ever be able to save up for him. 

If you have the 12 words (BIP39 backup phrase) you can restore your wallet on any BIP39 supporting wallet.

For instance: Mycelium Wallet (mobile phone)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: