Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:26:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the calculations behind working out mining profitability  (Read 1298 times)
magrospic (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 09:50:11 AM

Hey there!

I've tried searching low and high but can only seem to find links to mining profitability sites rather than the calcs themselves.

Can anyone help passing on calcs for mining profitability?

Working out the electricity cost is easy but I'm struggling on hash rate/blocks/block rewards/difficulty etc?

Any help appreciated Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 01:54:56 AM

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
unholycactus
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1023

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2017, 02:43:04 AM

Difficulty variance is the hardest parameter to estimate correctly. Bitcoin price is also something you should look at if you're planning to trade.
Rest is very predictable.
magrospic (OP)

Activity: 301
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 09:26:43 AM

Thanks yeah that's the bit I was after Cheesy

I've been mining/trading since 2013 and lazily using the mining calculator sites but they never cover all cryptos across the board... just ordered a bunch of D3s so preparing for their arrival, I will try and build a system that does cover as much as physically possible.

I found this which gives some more details on the calcs too...
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/8568/equation-for-mining-profit

Cheers peeps

Difficulty variance is the hardest parameter to estimate correctly. Bitcoin price is also something you should look at if you're planning to trade.
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 07:42:25 PM

whattomine seems to have the biggest selection of mining calculators, though they're not quite as flexable as the bitcoinwisdom calcs.

They do "multiple coins" on a few of the more popular algos, but their choices are odd on which they do that on - the rest you have to go to the various individual coin pages (and on the multi-algo coins like Myriad one page per coin PER ALGO) to get to all of the calculators.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:25:28 AM

I would imagine mining would be very profitable the past few months. The price is rising astronomically, and fees are through the roof. Both of these combine for quite potent profits for miners.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:59:39 PM

The period starting around March of this year has been one of the 2 most profitable cryptocoin mining periods EVER.

It's only real rival was the big Litecoin surge in late 2013/early 2014 timeframe - that lasted 3-4 months, was followed by a few weeks that X11 (DarkCoin, now DASH) was profitable 'till a bunch of the GPUs that HAD been mining Litecoin shifted, then pretty much died unless you have SUPER cheap electric.

Up side this time around - a LOT more "profitable" coins to choose from, and network hashrates and profitability that could soak a LOT more hashing power.

Down side - a lot more folks that already knew about Cryptocoins to jump ON the bandwagon sooner, plus more and more newbies since Cryptocoins have quite a bit more "legit" perception to them this time around.

Philopolymath

Activity: 558
Merit: 295

Walter Russell's Cosmogony is RIGHT!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 11:58:50 PM

First you must know what astrological sign you are..
I'm Capricorn
Next most important is... Do you live near a Volcano?
Can you find any Virgins to sacrifice to the volcano? This is BIG HELP...

Do you like Country Music?....Very bad karma....consider favouring polkas instead...

If you answered yes to any of these

you are ready to be initiated into the SACRED ORDER OF PROFITABILITY CALCULATORS...at the first degree..
Now kill a chicken and make  acloak out of the feathers and wear it for a weak then get back to me for further instructions.

Support Alien Beer Circle research...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRXDk2RMQ4A
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 01:23:46 AM

First you must know what astrological sign you are..
I'm Capricorn
Next most important is... Do you live near a Volcano?
Can you find any Virgins to sacrifice to the volcano? This is BIG HELP...

Do you like Country Music?....Very bad karma....consider favouring polkas instead...

If you answered yes to any of these

you are ready to be initiated into the SACRED ORDER OF PROFITABILITY CALCULATORS...at the first degree..
Now kill a chicken and make  acloak out of the feathers and wear it for a weak then get back to me for further instructions.

Chickens are passe.

Don't you know that stool pigeons are where it's at?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: