Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:27:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC and BCC vs. ETH and ETC  (Read 2459 times)
mrBTCman

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 01:57:40 PM

When the ethereum fork happened, Coinbase credited their customers with an amount of ETC equal to their ETH held at the time. ETC was under $1 then, but got to over $20 and now sits at around $14. That makes it nontrivial money given to you for nothing. If you had, say, 100 ETH, you'd have around $1400 worth of ETC right about now.

When the bitcoin fork happens, is something like this likely to happen as well? Could BCC similarly appreciate in price?

I don't have a crystal ball, but shouldn't everybody and his uncle be making sure they get whatever BCC is due them?

Moreover, I just don't quite get Coinbase vs. Kraken on this. Coinbase says that they will give you no BCC, while Kraken will give you your BCC. What's wrong with this picture? If BCC appreciates like ETC, won't people be shooting themselves over having missed the chance to get their free BCC that was due them?

Although you asked a question before August 1st, still it makes sense to answer… The situation is very uncertain. 1) Bitcoin appeared to be more stable than we thought and is going up very fast. 2) Bitcoin Cash is very shaky. Though its price increases as well. I have many doubts considering Bitcoin Cash, but I haven't sold my BCH coins yet.
Now, about Kraken vs Coinbase... You see there are exchanges that do not accept hard fork, like Coinbase (that’s why they do not split coins). Before August 1st, I had made a lot of research and decided to keep my BTC on Cex.io. Luckily they split my coins, so now I have two balances of BTC and BCH with the same amount of coins in both of them. Now, Cex.io have already launched Bitcoin Cash trading, but I am still hesitating whether I should sell my BCH coins or not.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: