Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:02:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dwolla can no longer process deposits or withdrawals to MtGox  (Read 13012 times)
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:37:03 PM

Update: Here is what Mt. Gox sent us in response to a request for comment:

Thank you for the email. We can see that the Dwolla transactions are not getting processed right now. We will contact Dwolla and post an announcement regarding this. Your patience is appreciated till then.
http://betabeat.com/2013/05/department-of-homeland-security-shuts-down-dwolla-payments-to-and-from-mt-gox/

Wow. Sounds like they didn't have any clue that their account got seized.

Like the lawsuit.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hubbabubbabaker

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Sometimes - history needs a push.

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:37:37 PM

I thought it should have won best picture. Argo was great, but ZDT had more gravity.

Ever heard of Joseph Goebbels? No ZDT did not deserve best picture. Neither did Kathryn Bigelow's other mediocre pro-patriotic production.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy." -Sun Tzu
Ultraviolet

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:38:43 PM

Like the lawsuit.

In fairness to Gox, they didn't know about the lawsuit the day it was filed, which is natural because it doesn't get served the day it's filed, especially from the US to Japan.
xavier

Activity: 260

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:39:17 PM

Wow guys. This is big news.

The start of a US led attack on Bitcoin is beginning.

How ironic that it begins in the USA, land of the free. It seems in this 21st century, USA is no longer land of the free. It's land of the heavily indebted ,  where government sponsored elitist cronies dictate everything in their own interest at the expense of the people at the bottom. I only hope this is not the beginning of increasing online state censorship. The internet is truly the one remaining outlet that can provide total freedom from government interference to the average citizen. Perhaps ,then, in some years US gov't will be shipping that statue of liberty back to Europe.

Land of the free...

licutis

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:40:21 PM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 08:33:15 PM by licutis

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:42:45 PM

I have dug through the public court records for the District of Maryland and can't find the case. It was likely filed under seal.

I wonder how much money was seized.
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:45:29 PM

How ironic that it begins in the USA, land of the free. It seems in this 21st century, USA is no longer land of the free. It's land of the heavily indebted ,  where government sponsored elitist cronies dictate everything in their own interest at the expense of the people at the bottom. I only hope this is not the beginning of increasing online state censorship. The internet is truly the one remaining outlet that can provide total freedom from government interference to the average citizen. Perhaps ,then, in some years US gov't will be shipping that statue of liberty back to Europe.

Land of the free...

Why do you think it's an attack on bitcoin?  It's only an attack on US participation in bitcoin ... ie an attack on itself.

Gambling is banned in the US but thrives in the UK and asia ... bitcoin is global and eventually will be accepted ubiquitously 

Some nations will just be faster to see the benefits than others ... it's not an attack on bitcoin unless every nation does it ... and some will want to be a crypto super power im sure I can think of 1 or 2 ...
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:55:20 PM

This fuckin sucks.  This was the only way I moved USD into and out of Gox.  What is the status on Paxum and Gox?  I still have a Paxum account when they were briefly an option.
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:00:05 PM

Terrible news for Gox and those using Dwolla for in and out of Gox.

Good bye Gox, get your coins out while you can, I wonder what folks with Fiat left in Gox do?

Is this the start of a new term?  You have just been 'GoXxed'

chsados

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:00:23 PM

Confirmed CampBX <> Dwolla still works....for now.

that term already has had its roots for years now.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:01:40 PM

News out going mainstream.

http://pandodaily.com/2013/05/14/dept-of-homeland-security-freezes-accounts-between-dwolla-and-bitcoin-exchange-mt-gox/

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
Streets 2.0

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:01:50 PM

I wouldn't doubt if they are next...

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:05:51 PM

I wouldn't doubt if they are next...

A good point. As they are seizing funds I wouldn't risk sending anything to Dwolla at the moment.
NamelessOne
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:06:26 PM

I thought it should have won best picture. Argo was great, but ZDT had more gravity.

Ever heard of Joseph Goebbels? No ZDT did not deserve best picture. Neither did Kathryn Bigelow's other mediocre pro-patriotic production.

WTH? Bring up Nazi propoganda masterminds? Bigalow is a lone filmmaker, not a national propoganda minister. That hysteria about ZDT's torture was idiotic. I don't like the idea of torture, but unfortunately in real life that is how they got their leads that eventually lead to killing Bin Laden. The filmmakers would have had to alter the story and make it less accurate to real world events just to appease a bunch of whiners. But Avatar and James Cameron should have won the year Hurt Locker and Bigelow won.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:06:50 PM

Land of the free...

Why do you think it's an attack on bitcoin?  It's only an attack on US participation in bitcoin ... ie an attack on itself.

Gambling is banned in the US but thrives in the UK and asia ... bitcoin is global and eventually will be accepted ubiquitously 

Some nations will just be faster to see the benefits than others ... it's not an attack on bitcoin unless every nation does it ... and some will want to be a crypto super power im sure I can think of 1 or 2 ...

I know that I am not a fan of Homeland Security.  On the last vacation I literally watched them confiscate bottles of Vodka and other beverages from passengers and then pocket them for themselves.  Hmmm.  Great security.  SO thankful that they are helping us. Oh, and I really don't want them patting down my pre-teen daughters at the airport either. This might have a reverse reaction and make more people angry and even more people want to invest in BTC.  I have been saying that I am not necessarily into BTC for ideological reasons but this is pushing me towards that very quickly!  I do not feel "free" here in the US anymore. Sad  Our freedoms are being snatched from us daily.  With BTC maybe there is some hope of having some still.  We will see. . .

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:12:48 PM

Never heard of this. Waiting for someone big to pick it up. Then popcorn time.
melvster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:14:35 PM

Land of the free...

I know that I am not a fan of Homeland Security.  On the last vacation I literally watched them confiscate bottles of Vodka and other beverages from passengers and then pocket them for themselves.  Hmmm.  Great security.  SO thankful that they are helping us. Oh, and I really don't want them patting down my pre-teen daughters at the airport either. This might have a reverse reaction and make more people angry and even more people want to invest in BTC.  I have been saying that I am not necessarily into BTC for ideological reasons but this is pushing me towards that very quickly!  I do not feel "free" here in the US anymore. Sad  Our freedoms are being snatched from us daily.  With BTC maybe there is some hope of having some still.  We will see. . .

Sure but not everyone is bad ... let's try and understand the case.  Never underestimate people's willingness to do the right thing when given a chance.  If people could just understand the benefits to society or to a nation, of bitcoin without fearing it, we could solve soooo many problems.  Let's try and be good educators even if we dont like some actions ...
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:25:51 PM

Department of Homeland Security is about money laundering/terrorism financing/drug trafficking..
Call me alarmist but, once the big players and Vc's read the charges against gox, realizing that the largest btc exchanger which hold all their millions, is now in jeopardy with a US govt agency,i'll let you imagine the continuing slipping of price in the coming days/hours as this bad news is fully digested..

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:29:12 PM

Department of Homeland Security is about money laundering/terrorism financing/drug trafficking..
Call me alarmist but, once the big players and Vc's read the charges against gox, realizing that the largest btc exchanger which hold all their millions, is now in jeopardy with a US govt agency,i'll let you imagine the continuing slipping of price in the coming days/hours as this bad news is fully digested..

Another poster brought this up, but we may see a large rally here. All those with fiat in gox should convert to BTC and get them to a safe wallet. This would cause a rise (maybe temporary, but still).
sve9mark

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:30:25 PM

Any speculation as to the DHS motion for a court order? Why only Mt Gox and not CampBX?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: