Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:43:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Legis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:29:32 AM

Denarius (DNR) mining speeds with the CWIgm 0.9.8.

I run the cards at the +/- best efficiency (MH per watt), I'm not after highest possible speed regardless of the power consumption. Said wattage result is what the software is showing, these results are very consistent across other mining softwares.

Intensity is set randomly to 21, otherwise I have not touched the settings (except took away the "lodiff" and "mean-net-diff=1.1" settings).

CWIgm 0.9.8:
GTX 1080 Ti: 85-90MH @ 155-160W
GTX 1070: 45-51MH @ 100-110W

CCminer 2.2 skunk:
GTX 1080 Ti: 70MH @ 155-160W
GTX 1070: 40MH @ 100-110W

So the CWIgm 0.9.8 is ~20% faster than ccminer 2.2 in the current settings. Rejection rate due to "duplicate shares" is also higher at least in the start but I have to see longer average results to draw conclusions. Also some stratum connection errors have popped, new jobs are not found etc. but they have not lasted long. I'll see how things progress.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:31:29 AM

Can you please lower the maximum difficulty for lowdiff port.
All my rigs stabilize with diff 2.5 (both Sigt and DNR) after 30-60minutes, and to my opinion it is too high even for 6/1080.
And it is completely unacceptable for 2/1080 or 5/1060 etc. But they also get the same 2.5diff.
I think 1-1.5 is more than enough.

P.S. DNR lowdiff starts with extremely lowdiff so that many shares are rejected at the beginning. 0.25 (as with SIGT) wil work much better.

so would a max of 1.6diff work? ...

then push anything higher to the hidiff port? ...

we can try - and let me know how it goes ...

in fact - a few seconds interruption to the sigt mining - and ill get it restarted now ...

interruption is momentary ...

edit - changed this for the denarius stratum also ... let see how it all goes now ...

#crysx
Thank you. I haven't restarted miners and for DNR I've got 1.6diff for 6x1070.
But for Sigt for now i've got 1diff for 6x1080. Lets see where it will stop.
Anyway as for now I see hashrate on the pool very close to the miner.

P.S. But the starting difficulty for DNR is only 0.007 - it is very low - for cpu miner maybe OK, but not for gpu. I get 10-20% of rejects at the beginning, it lowers quickly but not good anyway.

P.P.S Several minutes later 6*1080 also are on 1.6Diff.
tpd09

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:34:08 AM

Pool Workers now reached 521! 100% increase in a day or so  Grin Grin Grin

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:37:15 AM

I run the cards at the +/- best efficiency (MH per watt), I'm not after highest possible speed regardless of the power consumption.
Profitability today is 10s times more than electricity cost (at least in most of the areas).
Mine 1070 run at 56-57Mh/s without no tweaking more than juast move the slider in Afterburner and no overheating. The difference covers all additional costs. So what's the point of that?
zhulick

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:42:32 AM

What about bad luck for denarius?
It is 120-140 constantly for several days. While signatum has 60-80-90 the same days.

P.S. Does anybody know how to check yiimp pool for luck, or any other mining DNR?

have you taken notice of the network hashrate? ...

sigt -

Net Hashrate
1,580,681.87 MH/s

dnr -

Net Hashrate
24,173.70 MH/s

then combine that with the pool hashrate and compare what 'luck' ( which is a completely false value mostly - as the diff and hashrate change constantly ) the pool might have ...

zpool - 9.2gh tribus ...
yiimp - 36.5 tribus ...
CWI-Pool Denarius - 1.6gh tribus ...

its all relative ...

the more miners to the pool - the higher the hashrate - the better the chance ( or 'luck' ) of solving a block ...

network hashrate play a massive part in this also ... as the network hashrate goes up - so does the network difficulty ... and thats what creates the so called 'luck' making it difficult ( which is also why its called difficulty Tongue ) ...

the network diff for tribus right now tho is 1626 - which is pretty high for this algo ... because right this second - the network hash rate is 156gh ... our pool has 1.6gh ...

again - its all relative ... when we DO solve a block - we get higher rewards per miner - because there are less miners ... but the chances of solving a block is far less with less miners ...

#crysx

Actually you didn't answer the question.
Your pool hashrate relative to SIGT network is on the same board as with DNR:
SIGT
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   45 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   25 minutes 10 seconds
DNR
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   31 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   20 minutes 18 seconds

But the "luck" factor is constantly different.
So I just asked if someone know how to find "luck" of yiimp based pools. Whether it is normal for all (bad luck) or just bad luck for your pool.

i'm not the dev, so he'll give you a better answer.

But i did play with DNR miner, and i noticed that it has a condition in the bat file that pauses the miner when the netdiff gets high.  When the condition is met, the gpu idles for a few blocks, no shares are submitted etc.

I took --mean-net-diff=1.1 out of the bat, and that behavior stopped.  I'm guessing that most people leave that in, so all (or most) of the miners pause for a few blocks here and there, which adds to the time it officially takes the pool ti fond a block, which screws up with the already wacky luck calculation on DNR.

I have a feeling that if everyone changed their bat file, the luck would improve drastically.
Legis

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:47:24 AM

I run the cards at the +/- best efficiency (MH per watt), I'm not after highest possible speed regardless of the power consumption.
Profitability today is 10s times more than electricity cost (at least in most of the areas).
Mine 1070 run at 56-57Mh/s without no tweaking more than juast move the slider in Afterburner and no overheating. The difference covers all additional costs. So what's the point of that?

How many watts does the 1070 draw at that speed according to the miner?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:52:36 AM

ok ...

will be interesting to see ...

#crysx

All 8 are working now, but power curve and GPU usage are very unstable.
Also, each GPU sends about 1-3 shares/minute even at lowdiff 2000 port.

just a couple of things with your parameters ...

'My launch config is:
cwigm -c sigt -u shubaduba.100 -p d=0.1 --lodiff --max-temp=72 -d 1,4,5,6,7 --cpu-priority 3 --cpu-affinity 0xC -i 25 -s 3'

lets a few easy issues sorted ...

-p is your password ... this being an mpos pool and custom CWI-Stratum - the vardiff settings are always enforced and a static setting like what you ave there will not work ... the d=0.1 will work on yiimp and yiimp clones because thats the way tpruvot / epsylon3 has coded it ... our stratum 'could' support static difficulties - but a bit of a rewrite is required in order to support that ... for now just replace the d=0.1 with your actual worker password ...

--lodiff is fine ...

--max-temp is an experimental feature ... this parameter pauses the processing cycles of the miner to allow the gpu to cool enough then reconnects ... these ups and downs on the power graphs is actually the PID controller putting the card into sleep for some milliseconds in order to not exceed the 72c ... remove this parameter and test again ...

--cpu-priority and --cpu-affinity are fine ...

-i 25 is also fine ... though you can mess with this figure to get the best hashrate according to your cards ... but you already know that ...

-s 3 - this is the scantime parameter which does NOT need to be here ... the miner automatically adjusts scantimes and forcing a manual change would only be benficial IF there is an issue with it ... remove this one also ...

once you make these changes - please test again and let us know how that goes ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:53:39 AM

hey mate, can u add api bind option ? much miners to monitor.

api was purposely removed ...

we have been looking at a rebuild for the api - but we are also looking at other options ...

we have yet to decide ...

#crysx

need it mate, a handful to keep an eye on them. u can pm if u wish. just R option will be fine, no need W.

much tia for the quick reply.

told ya i'll be back lol

let's hit some blocks !, ah, brought some friends along too.

we are currently working on another idea we have ...

let see what we can do with it ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:56:51 AM

Can you please lower the maximum difficulty for lowdiff port.
All my rigs stabilize with diff 2.5 (both Sigt and DNR) after 30-60minutes, and to my opinion it is too high even for 6/1080.
And it is completely unacceptable for 2/1080 or 5/1060 etc. But they also get the same 2.5diff.
I think 1-1.5 is more than enough.

P.S. DNR lowdiff starts with extremely lowdiff so that many shares are rejected at the beginning. 0.25 (as with SIGT) wil work much better.

so would a max of 1.6diff work? ...

then push anything higher to the hidiff port? ...

we can try - and let me know how it goes ...

in fact - a few seconds interruption to the sigt mining - and ill get it restarted now ...

interruption is momentary ...

edit - changed this for the denarius stratum also ... let see how it all goes now ...

#crysx
Thank you. I haven't restarted miners and for DNR I've got 1.6diff for 6x1070.
But for Sigt for now i've got 1diff for 6x1080. Lets see where it will stop.
Anyway as for now I see hashrate on the pool very close to the miner.

P.S. But the starting difficulty for DNR is only 0.007 - it is very low - for cpu miner maybe OK, but not for gpu. I get 10-20% of rejects at the beginning, it lowers quickly but not good anyway.

P.P.S Several minutes later 6*1080 also are on 1.6Diff.

oops ...

that was my mistake ... i didnt change that also on dnr ... doing that now ... will be a small stratum / connection interruption ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 10:57:51 AM

Pool Workers now reached 521! 100% increase in a day or so  Grin Grin Grin

nice ...

#crysx

zhulick

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:00:40 AM

running for well over 24 hours now.

speeds are same as in my last report (29 and change per 1070 - 125/500/60tdp).  everything has been stable, with no crashes and no other wacky behavior.

last night worker diff was still set too high, leaving my single and x2 gpu choking.  a diff of 256 is just waaaaay too high for a single gpu

that said, i checked this morning, and it looks to have already been fixed.  at this moment my single gpu rigs run at diff 64, which through my personal experimenting on both yiimp and nova looks to be the sweetspot for a single 1070.  the x2 rig runs at 128 etc. excellent.

my x6 rig however is set at 258, which is just a tad too low.  ideally, i would love to see it at 384 (6x64).

overall, very impressed so far.  the high worker diff issue was brought up yesterday, and is already fixed.  miner runs great, pool keeps finding blocks, and everything is working as it should... so all, good.

great job, guys.

ps... looks like the pool was down for a bit this morning, since i see a bunch of "failed to connect, retrying in 30 seconds" lines in the miner.

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 11:04:06 AM

What about bad luck for denarius?
It is 120-140 constantly for several days. While signatum has 60-80-90 the same days.

P.S. Does anybody know how to check yiimp pool for luck, or any other mining DNR?

have you taken notice of the network hashrate? ...

sigt -

Net Hashrate
1,580,681.87 MH/s

dnr -

Net Hashrate
24,173.70 MH/s

then combine that with the pool hashrate and compare what 'luck' ( which is a completely false value mostly - as the diff and hashrate change constantly ) the pool might have ...

zpool - 9.2gh tribus ...
yiimp - 36.5 tribus ...
CWI-Pool Denarius - 1.6gh tribus ...

its all relative ...

the more miners to the pool - the higher the hashrate - the better the chance ( or 'luck' ) of solving a block ...

network hashrate play a massive part in this also ... as the network hashrate goes up - so does the network difficulty ... and thats what creates the so called 'luck' making it difficult ( which is also why its called difficulty Tongue ) ...

the network diff for tribus right now tho is 1626 - which is pretty high for this algo ... because right this second - the network hash rate is 156gh ... our pool has 1.6gh ...

again - its all relative ... when we DO solve a block - we get higher rewards per miner - because there are less miners ... but the chances of solving a block is far less with less miners ...

#crysx

Actually you didn't answer the question.
Your pool hashrate relative to SIGT network is on the same board as with DNR:
SIGT
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   45 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   25 minutes 10 seconds
DNR
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Network)   31 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Round (Pool)   20 minutes 18 seconds

But the "luck" factor is constantly different.
So I just asked if someone know how to find "luck" of yiimp based pools. Whether it is normal for all (bad luck) or just bad luck for your pool.

i'm not the dev, so he'll give you a better answer.

But i did play with DNR miner, and i noticed that it has a condition in the bat file that pauses the miner when the netdiff gets high.  When the condition is met, the gpu idles for a few blocks, no shares are submitted etc.

I took --mean-net-diff=1.1 out of the bat, and that behavior stopped.  I'm guessing that most people leave that in, so all (or most) of the miners pause for a few blocks here and there, which adds to the time it officially takes the pool ti fond a block, which screws up with the already wacky luck calculation on DNR.

I have a feeling that if everyone changed their bat file, the luck would improve drastically.

this was explained in an earlier post ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2054431.msg20741756#msg20741756 ...

if there is no need to work with this parameter - please remove it ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 11:12:32 AM

speeds are same as in my last report (29 and change per 1070 - 125/500/60tdp).  everything has been stable, with no crashes and no other wacky behavior.

last night worker diff was still set too high, leaving my single and x2 gpu choking.  a diff of 256 is just waaaaay too high for a single gpu

that said, i checked this morning, and it looks to have already been fixed.  at this moment my single gpu rigs run at diff 64, which through my personal experimenting on both yiimp and nova looks to be the sweetspot for a single 1070.  the x2 rig runs at 128 etc. excellent.

my x6 rig however is set at 258, which is just a tad too low.  ideally, i would love to see it at 384 (6x64).

overall, very impressed so far.  the high worker diff issue was brought up yesterday, and is already fixed.  miner runs great, pool keeps finding blocks, and everything is working as it should... so all, good.

great job, guys.

ps... looks like the pool was down for a bit this morning, since i see a bunch of "failed to connect, retrying in 30 seconds" lines in the miner.

these are nice results ...

tanx for sharing ...

as for the disconnects - when i work on the pool or stratum systems - these interruptions happen ...

CWIgm and the CWI-Pool system are two projects of the CWI-EcoSystem that are very much still in heavy development ... so disconnects and interruptions will happen from time to time ... but we are determined to maintain a stable continuous system for as long as possible ...

a new pool server has been commissioned - and will be finalized by the end of the month if all goes well ...

this has been planned for a while - and full details will be in our main CWI-Thread when w are closer to the launch / test period before putting it into full production ...

the CWI-Slack is also a place to get together and exchange info for ALL  our projects - not just CWIgm ... each has a subchannel and a small but nice group of people ...

we are testing a couple of things tonight - and if successful - may become part of the next revision of CWIgm ...

#crysx

mydreamadsl

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:17:28 AM

Can someone please comment on my speed and settings

http://imgur.com/a/FpviD

Is it good or reasonable?
zhulick

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:18:23 AM

i run my 1070's at 60tdp.  

much like overclocking a cpu, there comes a point of diminishing returns, where you pump up extra power and heat for very little return.

in the case of my gpu's, i found that i can mine dnr at 58 at 100tdp, or 53-54 at 60tdp (110w).  the difference in hash is under 10 percent, the difference in power is over 50 watts, or just over a third.

but it's not just for the electricity savings.  with less power comes less heat - my cards pretty much never go above 60C.  i'm looking at my x6 rig now, and the hottest card is 58c.  this also means less worries about cooling the room the miners are in.  less heat produced - less ac needed to cool the room ec.

and less power also means i can run the entire x6 rig off just one 1000w power supply.  the entire rig only draws just over 700 w from the wall., according to a power meter.  this means that i can add more rigs to a circuit without overloading it, and can easily run 3x6 rigs on a single 20 amp line.  i would not be able to do that at full tdp.

point is - while not for everyone, there are many advantages (beyond just saving on cost of electric) to running at lower tdp.
maxuscz

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:28:16 AM

Hi all.
I see several messages like that in signatum miner

[12:09:24][GPU3]:Invalid nonce

Where can i read about mesages like that? I need to know what it mean
zhulick

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:31:58 AM

great job, guys.

these are nice results ...

tanx for sharing ...

as for the disconnects - when i work on the pool or stratum systems - these interruptions happen ...

CWIgm and the CWI-Pool system are two projects of the CWI-EcoSystem that are very much still in heavy development ... so disconnects and interruptions will happen from time to time ... but we are determined to maintain a stable continuous system for as long as possible ...

a new pool server has been commissioned - and will be finalized by the end of the month if all goes well ...

this has been planned for a while - and full details will be in our main CWI-Thread when w are closer to the launch / test period before putting it into full production ...

the CWI-Slack is also a place to get together and exchange info for ALL  our projects - not just CWIgm ... each has a subchannel and a small but nice group of people ...

we are testing a couple of things tonight - and if successful - may become part of the next revision of CWIgm ...

#crysx

yeah, i figured you guys were playing with the stratum to update something or other, which is why i mentioned in in a ps.  not a big deal.

i really like this approach of the same people working on both the miner and the stratum to ensure that both of them can play together as nice as possible.  it does create a closed ecosystem, which typically is not a great thing, but in this case i don't really mind.  i'd rather have an efficient closed ecosystem that is run by people who know their shit, then a hosh posh of open solutions that don't play well together.

like i said, great job so far.

now let's see what you come up with next - no pressure Smiley
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 11:32:49 AM

Can someone please comment on my speed and settings

http://imgur.com/a/FpviD

Is it good or reasonable?

yes they do look reasonable ...

nice ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 11:38:47 AM

Hi all.
I see several messages like that in signatum miner

[12:09:24][GPU3]:Invalid nonce

Where can i read about mesages like that? I need to know what it mean

we are working on it ...

#crysx

astronyu

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:42:59 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 11:53:44 AM by astronyu

[Rephrase]

How many of you have the pool showing same hash rate with the miner +/- 1-5MH/s?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: