Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:18:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to spend Bitcoin in South East Asia  (Read 127 times)
ameliearras (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:43:34 PM

Hi,

I am participating into a Payments Race, in which 5 racers with each one payment method only travel from Hong Kong to Singapore starting on March 10th 2018.
There is 5 payments method competing:
- Gold
- Mobile Payments
- Cash
- Plastic cards
- Bitcoin

I am doing the race with Bitcoin and will have to buy everything during that journey using directly bitcoin (No converting in fiat allowed).

I am planning to go through:
- Hong Kong
- Vietnam
- Cambodia
- Thailand
- Malasia

Can anyone advise any places or experience of crypto acceptance by both merchants and Peer to peer for any of the countries above?

I traveled only using directly bitcoin last year from Toronto to Las Vegas and won the race, and I am intended to do the same again, so any help appreciated from you all Cheesy

(I also have a youtube channel in which you can follow the race, depending on how many of you help out, it will either be a fail or win, in all case I'll make it fun to travel only on bitcoin Smiley - www.youtube.com/c/ameliearras/

Thank in advance !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:17:07 AM

Try use Coinmap and just try find the store on country that you want to visit. This site little bit outdate (because some of store already closed and not accepting bitcoin anymore) so maybe you need little research before visiting store that listed on coinmap.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
Sudarmoon

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:34:00 AM

For Southeast Asia bitcoin is not always in European countries or the United States, but you can use your bitcoin in hongkong and also Malaysia to get to meet your travel needs.
Manoharachan

Activity: 93
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:42:59 AM

You are doing a world tour using only bitcoin, this is a very special thing, maybe you can move in hongkong and Vietnam for your needs with bitcoin.
bigdude

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:46:59 AM

Malaysia and Vietnam are not crypto friendly when use crypto as forbidden but I'm sure you can easy to find local exchange for your cryptocurrency. Most of them offer are BTC and ETH as well.
Thailand should be nice as OmiseGo have very good support from Thai Gov but I'm not sure about real usecase here.
And remain countries I don't have exp to say.

fafapol

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:50:45 AM

I think you can try these countries: Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Brunei, Laos & Myanmar.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:51:45 AM

Hi,

I am participating into a Payments Race, in which 5 racers with each one payment method only travel from Hong Kong to Singapore starting on March 10th 2018.
There is 5 payments method competing:
- Gold
- Mobile Payments
- Cash
- Plastic cards
- Bitcoin

I am doing the race with Bitcoin and will have to buy everything during that journey using directly bitcoin (No converting in fiat allowed).

I am planning to go through:
- Hong Kong
- Vietnam
- Cambodia
- Thailand
- Malasia

Can anyone advise any places or experience of crypto acceptance by both merchants and Peer to peer for any of the countries above?

I traveled only using directly bitcoin last year from Toronto to Las Vegas and won the race, and I am intended to do the same again, so any help appreciated from you all Cheesy

(I also have a youtube channel in which you can follow the race, depending on how many of you help out, it will either be a fail or win, in all case I'll make it fun to travel only on bitcoin Smiley - www.youtube.com/c/ameliearras/

Thank in advance !

I woud like to recommend Philippines but there are only a few areas or stores that accepts bitcoin. But in Davao City there are multiple stores that accepts cryptocurrency namely KTA or Kuarta coins. But with bitcoin I guess there are a few in Metro Manila. But if you want a country where you can survive using bitcoin, then try going to Japan.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
SUDARMONO

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:21:19 AM

Now many Southeast Asian countries are already using bitcoin services, such as Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore and many more, and you need not be afraid of your country of destination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: