Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:23:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: liquid cooling question  (Read 1065 times)
valtiel (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:29:01 PM

im wondering. why most miners dont use that sort of cooling systems. as i know liquid cooling is far more efficient than fan or heat sink cooling systems. its not better use these systems to maintain optimal temperatures and higers overclockings? and. someone haven tried these mineral oil submerged mods?  http://www.instructables.com/id/Mineral-Oil-Submerged-PC/  im curious to know others miners answers. im still being newbie in mining but i want elarn as fast possible.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xane

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:35:44 PM

im wondering. why most miners dont use that sort of cooling systems. as i know liquid cooling is far more efficient than fan or heat sink cooling systems. its not better use these systems to maintain optimal temperatures and higers overclockings? and. someone haven tried these mineral oil submerged mods?  http://www.instructables.com/id/Mineral-Oil-Submerged-PC/  im curious to know others miners answers. im still being newbie in mining but i want elarn as fast possible.

Money. LCS is expensive. It's much cheaper to add more cards at stock clock speeds or add more fans... not to mention far less maintenance.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 10:43:43 PM

I use water cooling! But, I already had it in place, as I am an overclocker at heart! Cheesy For most it IS expensive! I managed to throw my custom cooling together for $150, but I only had to buy blocks! I already had a pump, rads, and tubing from other things so that cut my cost WAY down! For a single loop, you would be looking at $175+, and that's without WCing the CPU, and only cooling 1 card!
And definitely don't use oil!

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 02:20:19 PM

too expensive for the marginal performance gain. Mining is all about money vs performance ratio. If liquid cooling had better ratio, people would be all over it.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: