Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:29:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CANADIANS Scammed after receiving Interac payments + HSBC Bad support  (Read 210 times)
Snowmylife (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 08:17:35 PM

Hi guys, would love to seek advice on the matter

i was new to local bitcoins and sold 500CAD and 140CAD of btc without collecting particulars(thought interac was irreversible) any how, the funds were transferred to my HSBC bank, next day the whole account was blocked and interac services on my other banks were blocked as well. Called up HSBC and they said they needed to investigate due to 2 parties claiming fraud, and someone from the risk department will give me a call, week after week there was no call from anyone, AT ALL, been to the bank every single week and they said there was nothing they can do, forward 1 month, i went back to the bank again, asking what the hell was going on, its been a month and i havent received any update or a call informing me of whats going on. The guy checks and my account is in freaking negative. 1) they auto withdrew the funds from my account and sent it back to the senders bank without informing me at all, no notice, no permission nanda, 2) I had pre authorized payments linked to that account, my rent + my car payments, both were able to go thru the account even when its blocked and caused an NSF fee. Its pretty damm crazy since they clearly state that interac is none reversible, plus they are putting the liability on the receiver with no word at all. wondering if you guys have been able to get back the funds? This is a serious loophole in their system, i asked the teller, so anyone can send an interac transfer and just claim fraud, seems that way because the investigation was VERY one sided. Is there anyway to recover the funds or bring it up to someone higher so they can reinvestigate again? Or someone who has dealt with this matter before.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChironRegera

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:47:55 AM

i was new to local bitcoins and sold 500CAD and 140CAD of btc without collecting particulars(thought interac was irreversible) any how, the funds were transferred to my HSBC bank, next day the whole account was blocked and interac services on my other banks were blocked as well. Called up HSBC and they said they needed to investigate due to 2 parties claiming fraud, and someone from the risk department will give me a call, week after week there was no call from anyone, AT ALL, been to the bank every single week and they said there was nothing they can do, forward 1 month, i went back to the bank again, asking what the hell was going on, its been a month and i havent received any update or a call informing me of whats going on. The guy checks and my account is in freaking negative. 1) they auto withdrew the funds from my account and sent it back to the senders bank without informing me at all, no notice, no permission nanda, 2) I had pre authorized payments linked to that account, my rent + my car payments, both were able to go thru the account even when its blocked and caused an NSF fee. Its pretty damm crazy since they clearly state that interac is none reversible, plus they are putting the liability on the receiver with no word at all. wondering if you guys have been able to get back the funds? This is a serious loophole in their system, i asked the teller, so anyone can send an interac transfer and just claim fraud, seems that way because the investigation was VERY one sided. Is there anyway to recover the funds or bring it up to someone higher so they can reinvestigate again? Or someone who has dealt with this matter before.

Thanks

Unfortunately, you probably won't see that money again ... that's the sad reality when you're new and dealing with bitcoins, but don't worry what goes around comes around. 
Snowmylife (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:33:22 AM

Thanks

Unfortunately, you probably won't see that money again ... that's the sad reality when you're new and dealing with bitcoins, but don't worry what goes around comes around. 

Yeah, they auto deducted the money after a month of "investigation", what pisses me off is the lack of support from the bank themselves, read on some other forums and a quick google search that some people have been able to get back their funds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: