Bitcoin Forum
December 13, 2017, 06:21:09 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 20-Year-Old Americans Put Their Retirement Savings in Bitcoin Despite Risks  (Read 1384 times)
6Asmodeus6

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:27:03 PM

I do see news like this in my local newspaper too.Mostly the point is making news about technology,true or not it doesn't matter.It is highly unlikely that 20 year old people will invest for their retirement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
feiss

Activity: 156

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:29:02 PM

Thousands of American investors as young as 20 years old are investing their hard-earned money in Bitcoin despite the high risks.

Duke University finance professor, Campbell Harvey, has warned that the kind of price volatility facing cryptocurrencies is very brutal due partly to the reason that they are not collateralized.

Harvey says:

"I'm worried that people will put too much of their retirement in an asset like this. It's a very small piece of the market right now and it's extremely volatile. To put this into your savings, you need to be willing to lose everything. If you put your retirement savings into the stock market, there is almost no chance that you're going to lose everything."

Currently, platforms like Bitcoin IRA enables their investors the tax advantages of an individual retirement account (IRA) and the return of a high-risk, high-reward alternative asset class.

Similar to traditional IRAs in terms of its mode of operations, but instead of being financed by cash, gold and bonds, it is bankrolled by Bitcoin.

Investing in a Bitcoin retirement portfolio both offers great risks and high rewards.

According to pioneer investor Roy Trimboli, his 10-Bitcoin investment in has already increased by around 300 percent in just one year.

Such results are not exclusive to IRAs and various investors have been enjoying high profits, albeit the accompanying risks, in various cryptocurrency options, including ICOs, Bitcoin and altcoin trading.

The boy is future minded, he knows what's the best for his future. People who are investing in cryptocurrency will have a good kickback. He really knows the bitcoin portfolio, if he tries to go there, he will have a higher money. Bitcoin was unstable in price but it has high potential that all money there will increase.

Minecache
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:56:24 PM

He's just pissed the young don't want to buy his overexpensive retail estate from him or his buddies.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

0WHITEPAPER0
0CROWDSALE0
aoihs00

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:13:27 AM

I don't see any risk in that. It's actually great that youngsters are starting so early. They could just get retired at the age of 25-30 period. They can focus on important things in life, like travelling to the edge of world, knowing different cultures, eating all kinds of food on the earth and with huge money may develop different world as they would want.

Volatile nature of bitcoin, oh forget that shit, look closer to bitcoin since it started it is fluctuating like bad but do remember it's moving in upward direction with that nature. It's good for those little birdies.

▄█▄
            ▄█ ▀█▀
     ▄ ▄███▄▄████▄▀ ▄▄▀▄
    ▀█▄████
██████▀▄█████▀▄▀
   ▄█▀▄
███████████████████▄
 ▄██▀█▀
▀▀▀███▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▀█▀▄
 ▄█▀▀   ▀█
███▀▄████████ █▀█▄▄
██▀  ▀ ▀ ▀
██████████▄   ▄▀▀█▄
     ▀ ▀
  ███▀▀▀▀▀████▌ ▄  ▀
          ████████████▌   █
        █████████████▀
        ▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀
           ▀▀  ▀▀
BTC-GREEN       ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄██████████████▄
  ▄██████
██████████████▄
 ▄███
███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
    ▀█████████████████
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Ecological Community in the Green Planet
❱❱❱❱❱❱     WHITEPAGE   |   ANN THREAD     ❰❰❰❰❰❰
           ▄███▄▄
       ▄▄█████████▄
      ▄████████████▌
   ▄█████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████
███████████████▄
▄████████████████████▀
███████████████████████▀
 ▀▀██████▀██▌██████▀
   ▀██▀▀▀  ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
           ██
           ██▌
          ▐███▄
DylanJones

Activity: 75

Refereum.com

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:27:37 AM

this is great new for americans, when they reach the age of retirement, they can just relax and not live below their means, if they will just keep on doing this things, their country will be great again for sure, young people thinking of retiring, means they know how to take care of their finances or they are financially literate.
Assuming all goes well...  Wink
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 1134

★ ChipMixer | Bitcoin mixing service ★

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:49:51 AM

Your younger generation still have time to start from scratch if something goes wrong, but the older you are the less risk you will take. If I knew about Bitcoin when I were 20 years old, I would definitely take that risk.

I invested in Ponzi schemes and made some good profits whilst I experimented with that. < Ponzi schemes was legal back then, but laws has changed since then and it is illegal now that it is clearly defined. >

I also lost a lot of money on Ponzi schemes that bombed out, when I just invested. ^hmmmmm^

BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Twitter.com/BitcoinBarrel

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 06:18:43 AM

If you put your retirement savings into the stock market, there is almost no chance that you're going to lose everything.

Lol, good one. Because people never lose everything gambling on stocks... I think I'll take my 0.4% average gains per DAY with Btc.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 07:51:20 AM

I would go all-in only if I had possibility of recovering savings within a year. I won't put my savings into Bitcoin since it's high profit but high risk. I would be better storing it in stocks. Still risky but chances to lose everything are low.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

Blessed7

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:09:44 AM

Thousands of American investors as young as 20 years old are investing their hard-earned money in Bitcoin despite the high risks.

Duke University finance professor, Campbell Harvey, has warned that the kind of price volatility facing cryptocurrencies is very brutal due partly to the reason that they are not collateralized.

Harvey says:

"I'm worried that people will put too much of their retirement in an asset like this. It's a very small piece of the market right now and it's extremely volatile. To put this into your savings, you need to be willing to lose everything. If you put your retirement savings into the stock market, there is almost no chance that you're going to lose everything."

Currently, platforms like Bitcoin IRA enables their investors the tax advantages of an individual retirement account (IRA) and the return of a high-risk, high-reward alternative asset class.

Similar to traditional IRAs in terms of its mode of operations, but instead of being financed by cash, gold and bonds, it is bankrolled by Bitcoin.

Investing in a Bitcoin retirement portfolio both offers great risks and high rewards.

According to pioneer investor Roy Trimboli, his 10-Bitcoin investment in has already increased by around 300 percent in just one year.

Such results are not exclusive to IRAs and various investors have been enjoying high profits, albeit the accompanying risks, in various cryptocurrency options, including ICOs, Bitcoin and altcoin trading.

How come 20-year olds are already thinking about retirement? When I was 20, I was wondering about which college to go to.
tulikak

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:15:02 AM

Harvey says:

Young people are investing in cryptocurrencies already. I think this is a great boost for bitcoin.
Bhinodm

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:16:17 AM

Harvey says:

Not long before governments will start regulating bitcoin and it will become taxable.
sandeepkharche

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:18:43 AM

Harvey says:

Retirement portfolio at 20? This is strange. My advise would be to be keep the portfolio varied and have not just one asset in it.
jerk10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:20:02 AM

Harvey says:

Who are these kids and how have they started saving already? I couldn't even buy a coffee at Starbucks at 20!
csmcc

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:25:44 AM

It is highly unlikely that 20 year old people will invest for their retirement.

Depends entirely on:

a) What you're doing when you're 20. I was studying, so saving wouldn't have been an option. But if you're working, it makes sense. Depending on ...

b) Where you live. How much you earn. And what the retirement provisions available to you are.

In a nutshell, the earlier you start, the earlier you get to retire. if you're smart, you'll start early. Unless you WANT to work longer of course.

In the UK, retirement age is going up. The average 20 year old now can expect to work until they're 70 to get a full basic state pension (if they pay enough in over their working life). And, again in the UK, I think a lot of younger people are in for a serious fright when they realise just how little that is, and just how shitty a lot of workplace pensions are now unless you're willing to put a sizeable proportion of your earnings in from an early age.

Obviously, there's affordability to consider as well. Although, your average 20 year old will probably be far more willing to blow $70pm on a phone + contract than put it in a retirement fund. (The one who sits behind me at work has just done exactly that ...)

The days of defined benefit pensions (in the UK anyway) are gone now. Unless you're a fat cat of course. They always make sure they're looked after.

Sticking some money in Bitcoin now seems like a relatively smart move to me. Assuming you can avoid the temptation to spend it early!
Barcode_

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:39:49 PM

I don't deem that as retirement savings for people who are just 20 year old, I believe that is the money that are meant for risk taking investment, bitcoin is an assets that is worth to invest due to its popularity and recognition from the trading market, with proper trade executed,  there is always a chance to reap some nice profits from bitcoin trading.

███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████
███████████████
████████
████████████████████
█████████
██████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████

csmcc

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:01:03 PM

I don't deem that as retirement savings for people who are just 20 year old, I believe that is the money that are meant for risk taking investment, bitcoin is an assets that is worth to invest due to its popularity and recognition from the trading market, with proper trade executed,  there is always a chance to reap some nice profits from bitcoin trading.

Eh?

If they don't sell it, it's investing/saving. Pretty simple.

You're talking about trading. Totally different thing.

Invest a small amount now. Hold it LONG TERM. Retire. Sensible logic IMHO.
orions.belt19

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:31:27 PM

It's good that these 20-year-old americans are thinking of their retirement as early as now, and has even considered the use of a cryptocurrency/Bitcoin. I agree with Harvey, that Bitcoin is extremely volatile and that you need to be ready to lose everything because Bitcoin is not so stable. I think that in any investment, we should be ready for the worst. Any insurance or retirement plan has the possibility of shutting down because there is no investment that is perfect. However, it is still a good thing for them because when you invest on Bitcoin, it will accumulate to a high amount by the time you retire.

We should all plan for the future, and the use of Bitcoin is a great investment because it has been showing promising price outcomes.

jostorres

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

I would go all-in only if I had possibility of recovering savings within a year. I won't put my savings into Bitcoin since it's high profit but high risk. I would be better storing it in stocks. Still risky but chances to lose everything are low.
I hope you will make you money double in a year if you invest it in bitcoin. I think it is not so risky that the people are thinking about it. I would suggest you to go ahead and invest your amount in bitcoin because it will be better for your future. I think bitcoin can give you unbelievable earning when you it once then you will advise others to invest in bitcoin for great and huge returns.

▄▄████████▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
  ██████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
            ▀▀████████▀▀
bitPlay 
        ████
    █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
█  █  ████
    █  ████
        ████
      EARN UP TO 5.9% DAILY INVESTING IN eSPORTS   
    ▃▃▃▃ ▃▃▃▃▃▃    Choose a plan, make a deposit and enjoy the profit!     

████
████  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █  █
████  █