Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:00:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reminders for today: #1 DON'T PANIC!  (Read 2655 times)
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:20:37 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 03:20:46 PM by Quantus

It could be a very long day today.

The Bitcointalk forums could be Ddosed, Bitcoin service providers like exchanges and wallet providers may go off line.

Websites and companies may be hacked. Be extremely skeptical of everything you read.

Be wary of any links on this website unless your behind a VPN. If someone sends you a private message asking you to click a link don't do it! Your giving away your IP address to a potential hacker.  

And while we all want Bitmain-cash to die may I suggest letting the VC money (the stupid money) pump it up a bit before we all sell? I hate this shit just as much as you but it may be worth more in 6 months then it is today.

Don't trust Bitmain-Cash-wallets they could be back-doored.

To Avoid replay attacks on the Bitcoin network create a new Bitcoin wallet and move your Bitcoins to that wallet AFTER the fork then use your old now empty wallet.dat file with a Bitmain-cash client.

Make encrypted backups of all your wallets new and old before doing anything.

Make sure your passwords are really strong. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1822653.msg18152557#msg18152557

Update: The BitcoinTalk forums are being inundated with negative stories and FUD! They want you sell don't do it! Not today! Bitcoiners HODL!

They are doing everything they can to scare the community today and cause a panic sell off, don't let these shills manipulate you!

And remember Don't Panic! Everything is going to be ok.  

Useful Link: https://www.btcforkmonitor.info

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:25:30 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 10:34:43 AM by Moneroman88

Thank you for this great post. Hold on to your Bitcoin indeed!!!
Reminder #2: If in doubt buy Monero and enjoy
JohnMacaron

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:30:48 AM

The Bitcointalk forums could be Ddosed, Bitcoin service providers like exchanges and wallet providers may go off line.

Websites and companies may be hacked. Be extremely skeptical of everything you read.

Be wary of any links on this website unless your behind a VPN. If someone sends you a private message asking you to click a link don't do it! Your giving away your IP address to a potential hacker.  

And while we all want Bitmain-cash to die may I suggest letting the VC money (the stupid money) pump it up a bit before we all sell? I hate this shit just as much as you but it may be worth more in 6 months then it is today.

To Avoid replay attacks on the Bitcoin network create a new Bitcoin wallet and move your Bitcoins to that wallet AFTER the fork then use your old now empty wallet with a Bitmain-cash wallet.

Make sure your passwords are really strong. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1822653.msg18152557#msg18152557

May I ask you one question, with segwit activated will Bitcoin users fall off like previously to altcoins or this process will be a little bit slowed?

https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:33:03 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 09:45:50 AM by Quantus

I have no idea... but If I was a betting man I would bet on Bitcoin and the inevitable collapse of the Altcoin markets. 99% of all altcoins are shit coins pumped up by Venture capital financiers.
From what I can tell there are 3 types of people investing in the alt-coin markets. Early Bitcoin inverters who are now millionaires looking to reinvest in crypto markets. Venture capital financiers who don't really care about technology or long term viability (they only care about what looks good on a prospectus so they can raise more money.)    And a few die hard crypto anarchists who just want to watch the world burn. Tongue

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
spain cool

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:39:07 AM

Thank you for the information you provide. We will definitely be wary about this. We hope this forum is not closed because this is where our work is.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:39:51 AM

all I can see these days are sharp teeth of a lot of whales who are going to receive a lot of money for free. and if anyone panics like before they will be waiting for them with wide open mouth to swallow them whole. like they always do.

apart from price related stuff there are obviously a lot of malicious people sharpening their teeth for mistakes people make

Only Bitcoin
Croin

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:40:18 AM

I don't konw you can make a lot money tmwr. but also lose! I will stay out and watch it with fiat!
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:42:14 AM

Why monero? Why not LTC, STRAT, ANS, XVG, DTB
JohnMacaron

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:42:22 AM

I know that many prominent Bitcoiners have put their weight behind Bitcoin ABC, namely Craig Wright, Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, and maybe even Gavin Andresen with Mike Hearn. I suppose that's good reason to believe in success of Bitcoin Cash and think that Bicoin Cash will replace Bitcoin BIP148, i'm only making conjectures here and hope for the brighter future for Bitcoin.
HTracer

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:47:46 AM

OP thank you for your time. This post should be on top of the board today. Any fud now is in favour of mess up.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:56:14 AM

Thank you for this post. It is very informative and helpful. We really should not panic and stay calm. Panicking will do no help but will only cause stress. I have a question, I have different coins in some exchange sites, is it ok to sell them now to Bitcoin so that I will receive Bitcoin Cash equivalent of that and just buy those coin again after the Segwit2x or just hold it now and wait? Which do you think is better?
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:07:04 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 10:23:40 AM by Quantus

oh I miss read your post.  I have no idea if thats a good tactic or not. I can't really offer suggestions about the best course of action other then be weary/on guard today. Be on the lookout for anything that might seem off.

When you visit a Bitcoin related website make sure the address is right. Websites and service providers may get hacked today and start redirecting traffic to look-alike websites.

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:15:26 AM

To Avoid replay attacks on the Bitcoin network create a new Bitcoin wallet and move your Bitcoins to that wallet AFTER the fork then use your old now empty wallet with a Bitmain-cash wallet.

Thanks for this advice. It was very helpful to us. Hackers are so famous now even a children can know it. There best way of hacking is phishing site. I read some information about Ethereum hacking. So we need to be careful on a site that we open, we should double check it before we go on it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Natsuu

Activity: 1106
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:17:56 AM

Thank you for this post. It is very informative and helpful. We really should not panic and stay calm. Panicking will do no help but will only cause stress. I have a question, I have different coins in some exchange sites, is it ok to sell them now to Bitcoin so that I will receive Bitcoin Cash equivalent of that and just buy those coin again after the Segwit2x or just hold it now and wait? Which do you think is better?

Why do you like to have bitcoin cash sir? You gonna sell your altcoin in exchange of bcc?
If I were you dont trust bcc and just hold and wait. Plan your next move after the correction.
In this way you be able to observe the outcome.

cafucafucafu

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:29:57 AM

Thanks for the reassurance, let's hope our Bitcoin world doesn't just break and we get a chance to fight. Tommorrow will also be an opportunity for investors and a chance for a trip to the moon. The exact of FUD, I love this.

The Bitcointalk forums could be Ddosed
Wait what? Please provide me a link to any news related to this, I didn't know about this.

Yes, I agree

Get your private keys ready to import, a fight may be happening.

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:42:54 AM

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:44:06 AM

This website Bitcoin Talk has been Ddosed many times and has even been hacked at least once.
I would argue its likely to happen again ether before during or after the fork.

jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1108

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:46:14 AM

I have no idea... but If I was a betting man I would bet on Bitcoin and the inevitable collapse of the Altcoin markets. 99% of all altcoins are shit coins pumped up by Venture capital financiers.
From what I can tell there are 3 types of people investing in the alt-coin markets. Early Bitcoin inverters who are now millionaires looking to reinvest in crypto markets. Venture capital financiers who don't really care about technology or long term viability (they only care about what looks good on a prospectus so they can raise more money.)    And a few die hard crypto anarchists who just want to watch the world burn. Tongue

Nobody knows what is gonna happen after August 1st, that's the truth, just hold into your faith and keep going, unfortunatly things will crazy for a period of time.
coinvc

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:48:12 AM

Why monero? Why not LTC, STRAT, ANS, XVG, DTB

I like XVG, PIVX and STRAT.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:48:18 AM

Been thinking about that last night. Even if I dont have much I dont want to just give my money to those lazy bastards.
Need to be careful and not panic which is getting harder to promote.
Seems like everyone is arguing about what to do even if there is announcement already by theymos to how we can take care of our bitcoin or put in a safer place.
And still they are in panic.  Cry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: