Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:32:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reminders for today: #1 DON'T PANIC!  (Read 2655 times)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:05:30 AM

It seems the price is getting to feel the impact of the few hours left for the activation from the $2900+ back to the $2700+ currently and this post comes to mind because when panic sets in, decisions are made which most times one will end up regretting and this is something everybody must try to avoid at this time. We have hold on for so long, keep holding, few hours left for light at the end of this long tunnel that I cant wait for it to be over.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:12:45 AM

What you would need in case of a Bitcoin apocalypse:

Water (1 gallon per person per day)
Food (stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly)
Medications (this includes prescription and non-prescription meds)
Tools and Supplies (utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio, etc.)
Sanitation and Hygiene (household bleach, soap, towels, etc.)
Clothing and Bedding (a change of clothes for each family member and blankets)
Important documents (copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate to name a few)
First Aid supplies

CryptoBoomers

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2017, 10:14:25 AM

Great reminders.

If you're on the fence and tend to panic you should probably not make any moves at all today. Miscalculating dips/highs can be costly, today looks like it's going to be rough seas.

Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:22:19 AM

It could be a very long day today.

The Bitcointalk forums could be Ddosed, Bitcoin service providers like exchanges and wallet providers may go off line.

Websites and companies may be hacked. Be extremely skeptical of everything you read.

Be wary of any links on this website unless your behind a VPN. If someone sends you a private message asking you to click a link don't do it! Your giving away your IP address to a potential hacker.  

And while we all want Bitmain-cash to die may I suggest letting the VC money (the stupid money) pump it up a bit before we all sell? I hate this shit just as much as you but it may be worth more in 6 months then it is today.

Don't trust Bitmain-Cash-wallets they could be back-doored.

To Avoid replay attacks on the Bitcoin network create a new Bitcoin wallet and move your Bitcoins to that wallet AFTER the fork then use your old now empty wallet.dat file with a Bitmain-cash client.

Make encrypted backups of all your wallets new and old before doing anything.

Make sure your passwords are really strong. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1822653.msg18152557#msg18152557

Update: The BitcoinTalk forums are being inundated with negative stories and FUD! They want you sell don't do it! Not today! Bitcoiners HODL!

They are doing everything they can to scare the community today and cause a panic sell off, don't let these shills manipulate you!

And remember Don't Panic! Everything is going to be ok.  

Useful Link: https://www.btcforkmonitor.info

Thank you for this reminder, I was sent last night a private message from a newbie account but thankfully I never really mind those and did not clickon the link not unless I sent a PM to the campaign manager.

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:31:45 AM

It seems the price is getting to feel the impact of the few hours left for the activation from the $2900+ back to the $2700+ currently and this post comes to mind because when panic sets in, decisions are made which most times one will end up regretting and this is something everybody must try to avoid at this time. We have hold on for so long, keep holding, few hours left for light at the end of this long tunnel that I cant wait for it to be over.
Last time also it went tip of $3000 and came down yesterday also it went up and now it's normal. My advice also same don't get panic and do any activities next few days just wait and see how the market will run. I also just hold my coins and thanks for the OP it was good reminder it helps people not to get panic. 
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:35:36 AM

The price has indeed gone back down and will not exceed 3000 $. But I still believe because if I survive then I will get the BCC from the bitcoin split result. BCC does not yet have a price, but seeing its enthusiasm I am sure I will get more money when doing bitcoin hold in my wallet than selling bitcoin in exchange at this time. Do not let any panic because this can trigger instability of bitcoin prices.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:46:33 AM

those people who preparing for the fork properly wouldn't feel panic at all . they even would take it as an advantage to make profit on the volatile hours like what currently happening. you can easily grow your bitcoin quickly , and waiting for the result later to make another step. this event just make bitcoin even more beautiful!

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 440

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:59:05 AM

those people who preparing for the fork properly wouldn't feel panic at all . they even would take it as an advantage to make profit on the volatile hours like what currently happening. you can easily grow your bitcoin quickly , and waiting for the result later to make another step. this event just make bitcoin even more beautiful!

Yes, If you already do your homework and secure your coins then no need to panic. And just wait till everything settles down. I'm just too cautious though about BCC specially on how to get it. The price is still good at $2800 and once this hardfork is over, we are going to see another bitcoin milestone. So still hold and see how everything goes.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:02:08 AM

As the thread title suggests should never get panic, because need to have the patience and trust to face anything. With bitcoin each and every move is hard to predict, so right now looking the scenario the splitting is expected to come into effect without much of negative impacts over the growth of the entire network.
MysticOne

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:11:00 AM

I know that many prominent Bitcoiners have put their weight behind Bitcoin ABC, namely Craig Wright, Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, and maybe even Gavin Andresen with Mike Hearn. I suppose that's good reason to believe in success of Bitcoin Cash and think that Bicoin Cash will replace Bitcoin BIP148, i'm only making conjectures here and hope for the brighter future for Bitcoin.

That's one list of "prominent Bitcoiners" I'm glad I'm not on.  Although I am fascinated to find see what the outcome of all of this will be.
Jombitt

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:11:37 AM

The Bitcointalk forums could be Ddosed, Bitcoin service providers like exchanges and wallet providers may go off line.

Websites and companies may be hacked. Be extremely skeptical of everything you read.

Be wary of any links on this website unless your behind a VPN. If someone sends you a private message asking you to click a link don't do it! Your giving away your IP address to a potential hacker.  

And while we all want Bitmain-cash to die may I suggest letting the VC money (the stupid money) pump it up a bit before we all sell? I hate this shit just as much as you but it may be worth more in 6 months then it is today.

To Avoid replay attacks on the Bitcoin network create a new Bitcoin wallet and move your Bitcoins to that wallet AFTER the fork then use your old now empty wallet.dat file with a Bitmain-cash client.

Make sure your passwords are really strong. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1822653.msg18152557#msg18152557

Update: The BitcoinTalk forums are being inundated with negative stories and FUD! They want you sell don't do it! Not today! Bitcoiners HODL!

They are doing everything they can to scare the community today and cause a panic sell off, don't let these shills manipulate you!

yes your right we need to be calm and dont panic. Everything is gonna be alright. Some bitcoiners made a move by sending negative stories and in an article to force other bitcoin holder to sell their coins now. So that in the near future when btc goes up again they will sell it in a higher price.

Iinux

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:32:39 AM

We are dealing with an open source software. Everybody has a right to fork an open source software/project. Bitcoin Cash is no different. Today it is Bitcoin Cash and week later it may be something else.  Creating money out of thin air? This goes against fundamental principles of Bitcoin. I'm definitely keeping my hands off Bitcoin Cash no matter what.

Is the Bitcoin community going to jump up and down with distress every time someone decides to create a fork? Well if yes, we might not be doing anything else but panic, since while disregarding a technical skill anybody can create a new fork, hence new Bitcoin like crypto currency tomorrow!

Bitcoin Cash sounds like a scam on a pretext for an improvement. Does a bunch of programmers behind Bitcoin Cash know better than an entire community? 

Well if anything, Bitcoin Cash is nothing else just yet another altcoin from a myriad of upcoming Bitcoin like projects!
Celsiuss

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:40:03 AM

We are dealing with an open source software. Everybody has a right to fork an open source software/project. Bitcoin Cash is no different. Today it is Bitcoin Cash and week later it may be something else.  Creating money out of thin air? This goes against fundamental principles of Bitcoin. I'm definitely keeping my hands off Bitcoin Cash no matter what.

Is the Bitcoin community going to jump up and down with distress every time someone decides to create a fork? Well if yes, we might not be doing anything else but panic, since while disregarding a technical skill anybody can create a new fork, hence new Bitcoin like crypto currency tomorrow!

Bitcoin Cash sounds like a scam on a pretext for an improvement. Does a bunch of programmers behind Bitcoin Cash know better than an entire community? 

Well if anything, Bitcoin Cash is nothing else just yet another altcoin from a myriad of upcoming Bitcoin like projects!
I don't really ubderstand your point, sorry. Why does it sound like a scam? Bitcoin cash isn't a brand new coin, it's a fork of bitcoin. Meaning you take the original bitcoin source code, modify it to your liking, make improvements, fix some stuff and release.
It doesn't create money out of thin air? Where are you getting that statement from?

who cares
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3041

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:24:17 PM

Now is the time to officially start panicking! Let the catastrophe that is Bitmain Crash ensue!

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Tipsters

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:29:05 PM

Many thanks for your advice and reminders. This will be a guide to us not to lose our bitcoin to potential hackers. I will share this thread to my friends who are in to bitcoin to, to become wary in the things that happening behind those links. Thank you again
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 883

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:34:32 PM

From what I'm seeing only 5% of network hashrate is being redirected to the new altcoin

no blocks have been found yet ... so no hard fork yet... but with such a low hashrate it could take hours or even days for them to find a block.

Now we wait Smiley

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
ElliottHe

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:40:30 PM

Thank you very much for your information. The link is really a useful one. Today is a unnormal day but tomorrow it will be normal. Lets just wait and see everything goes normal again!

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Iinux

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:40:58 PM

I don't really ubderstand your point, sorry. Why does it sound like a scam? Bitcoin cash isn't a brand new coin, it's a fork of bitcoin. Meaning you take the original bitcoin source code, modify it to your liking, make improvements, fix some stuff and release.
It doesn't create money out of thin air? Where are you getting that statement from?
You will have two separate blockchains. Hence if you now own BTC after split you will own BTC and BCC. Why does not BCC start with an empty blockchain?
Quantus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 883

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:59:45 PM

To recap everything thats happened so far today all new blocks are segregated witness blocks because the UASF (User activated soft fork) is now actively preventing non segwit blocks from propagating across the Bitcoin network.
Any attempt to produce a non-segwit block would result in a fork.

In other news...

The alt coin Bitcoin Cash also known as BitcoinABC or BitmainCash is being mined but they don't have anywhere near the amount of hash power everyone thought they would get... At the current hashrate it will take them days to mine a block. I'm assuming more hash power will be directed toward their new coin after the first block is mined/found or they are mining in secret to protect there new chain from attack...

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
bcsuisse

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:09:47 PM

has it forked or not? is there a post were it is confirmed that the fork was sucessful?

Bitrated user: kentokyo.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: