Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:25:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VIACOIN ($VIA) is clearly UNDERVALUED  (Read 8694 times)
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 06:02:32 PM

VIA is a fucking scam guys. I will update you in a bit, but when you look at the source code, it is fucking Bitcoin rebranded with a few parameters changed.

The guys does like 1 line changes to make it look like activity is happening.

I will have an article with screenshots to back-up my claim.

Segwit was supposed to be activated June 28th. It is 1 month later and you can see he was way off. These are just ploys to pump the price.

If it was a scam would Otoh be holding as much as he does? And would the VIA dev get so much recognition from other developers of high cap coins ?

No. Now go back to your wordpress fuckery.

Who the hell is Otoh?

Where is the recognition?

I have given you solid evidence of the work he has done - why do you refute the truth?

I guess "scam" is not the right term. VIAcoin is just pump and dump - vaporware.

Wordpress? What are you even talking about?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:23:38 PM

VIA is a fucking scam guys. I will update you in a bit, but when you look at the source code, it is fucking Bitcoin rebranded with a few parameters changed.

The guys does like 1 line changes to make it look like activity is happening.

I will have an article with screenshots to back-up my claim.

Segwit was supposed to be activated June 28th. It is 1 month later and you can see he was way off. These are just ploys to pump the price.

Lol mate I laughed way to hard at this

What in particular is funny? Mocking people without reason is nonsense.

Seriously, go read actual commit data: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/commits/master

VIA is not even 1 year old.

Here is the original announcement thread of Viacoin, started on July 18th 2014: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.0

Segwit was supposed to be activated earlier but Romano ran into a bug that was hard to solve. Once it was solved he still needed to wait for Wang Chung to signal it. Wang was on a business trip so it took him quite a while. He tweeted about signalling for Viacoin on July 29th: https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/891130408988942337
Do you really think a big player like Wang Chung would even bother to help Viacoin signal for Segwit if it was a pump/dump coin?

If you are into trading/altcoins and you don't know who Otoh is I probably shouldn't even bother to take you seriously. I'm really looking forward to seeing that article of yours.

"The Premium Information Service"..... Riiiiiight.
currypto

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 06:42:41 PM

Here is the original announcement thread of Viacoin, started on July 18th 2014: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.0

Segwit was supposed to be activated earlier but Romano ran into a bug that was hard to solve. Once it was solved he still needed to wait for Wang Chung to signal it. Wang was on a business trip so it took him quite a while. He tweeted about signalling for Viacoin on July 29th: https://twitter.com/f2pool_wangchun/status/891130408988942337
Do you really think a big player like Wang Chung would even bother to help Viacoin signal for Segwit if it was a pump/dump coin?

If you are into trading/altcoins and you don't know who Otoh is I probably shouldn't even bother to take you seriously. I'm really looking forward to seeing that article of yours.

Yes, I know it was supposed to be activated earlier (about 20 days earlier than the original announcement!).

That's another thing - everyone is ok with the VIA mining pool belonging to one man? Holy shite. Why would Wang Chung help? Because he seems like a helpful guy, simple as that. Oh, and there are tons of centralized mining pools for these cryptos because they are easy money, so maybe that's a factor too!

Of all the posts I have read and altcoins I have looked into, the name "Otoh" has not come up once. Maybe he is less important than you think?

I'm confused what point you are arguing with me...I have asked these two questions:

Who the hell is Otoh?

Where is the recognition?

And neither were answered.

There is public proof of what I'm staying yet there is still HUGE disregard to what I'm saying. I'm 100% open to being wrong, but god damn you guys have to try at least! So far there has been nothing new contributed to this conversation that convinces me otherwise.

Segwit in VIA is not the dev's doing. Look at his commit history.

Ooooof right in the kisser!!

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 06:54:44 PM

I'll help you out here. Here is Otoh posting about his portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840789.msg19588935#msg19588935

As you can see, he's a nobody. A nobody who happens to see the potential of Viacoin and supporting the developer.

Like I said, looking forward to seeing your article. I'm sure it will be mind blowing!
currypto

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 07:08:30 PM

I'll help you out here. Here is Otoh posting about his portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840789.msg19588935#msg19588935

As you can see, he's a nobody. A nobody who happens to see the potential of Viacoin and supporting the developer.

Like I said, looking forward to seeing your article. I'm sure it will be mind blowing!

Uhh, he got rich off of Bitcoin and has diversified his portfolio. Of course he will invest in anything that's having talk going on. He frickin' added IOTA. As soon as he says a crypto name I bet you see gains within the hour.

Thank you for having the decency of pointing me to some useful information - I really do appreciate it.

Heh, I don't write "mind blowing" articles but I do like to show that a lot of these coins are just fluff, and propose how they can fix themselves (or if they should just off themselves...) and mention if developers are tackling issues day-to-day.

Man don't we all wish we could be Otoh eh? Smiley

As I said earlier, I think it was wrong of me to use the term "scam", but I think pump-and-dump is accurate here. All in all I'm saying do NOT expect VIA to be around in the next 10 years. It is just a Bitcoin fork with minimal changes. Changes like "lets activate Segwit first!!!", which is just to get people riled up.

Sampsiceramus (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:18:09 PM

SEGWIT REACHED

Lets go
Kumo77

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 07:31:08 PM

Keep it quiet. I am trying to get more while it is still cheap. Tongue
manifo1d

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:13:29 PM

SEGWIT REACHED

Lets go

Any bump in price?
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:22:24 PM

Segwit Active!
https://twitter.com/viacoin/status/893191786885206017
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:23:21 PM

SEGWIT REACHED

Lets go

Any bump in price?
Yep! Like 3% gain in price at the moment
HODL to the moon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:40:10 PM

I think the problem with a lot of coins is that they simply change a bit and say they need to be in existence. I really like truly revolutionary coins like ethereum monero or IOTA. They do something really new

silver12si

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:47:18 PM

Ok, lets see...Bittrex and Polo go up Cheesy

BMG86

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:36:18 PM

Viacoin to the moon!!! Let's hope it hits the 2 dollar mark!!!
manifo1d

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 09:41:51 PM

Viacoin to the moon!!! Let's hope it hits the 2 dollar mark!!!

I hope it hits the 5-10 dollar mark.
currypto

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2017, 11:24:56 PM

I think the problem with a lot of coins is that they simply change a bit and say they need to be in existence. I really like truly revolutionary coins like ethereum monero or IOTA. They do something really new

Yes exactly. Ethereum and Monero and IOTA are significantly different (although I have more hope in Byteball than IOTA's implementation) from Bitcoin...unlike VIA in this case.

That is why they are worth so much, because they actually offer something new and not just a simple fork.

Can't wait to see VIA fall in the next week and say "told you so".

joshvdk

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:34:12 PM

Yes exactly. Ethereum and Monero and IOTA are significantly different (although I have more hope in Byteball than IOTA's implementation) from Bitcoin...unlike VIA in this case.

That is why they are worth so much, because they actually offer something new and not just a simple fork.

Well via is pretty unique it's 25x faster then bitcoin it uses merged mining it will support segwit and lightning network and will be anonymous when styx is implemented there are also rumours it will have tumblebit and masternodes. So can you tell me one coin that will have all these?

currypto

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:01:42 AM

Well via is pretty unique it's 25x faster then bitcoin it uses merged mining it will support segwit and lightning network and will be anonymous when styx is implemented there are also rumours it will have tumblebit and masternodes. So can you tell me one coin that will have all these?

Via is 25x faster? You've got the numbers and citations to back that shit up? Because it's bullshit. Lets see Via have the same number of transactions and infrastructure. It will perform the exact same as Bitcoin because the dev as made no changes regarding transaction speed! I know, I've looked at the commits!

And what do you know, Bitcoin is using Segwit too! Guess what? Via is actually just using Bitcoin's Segwit code!

Lightning networks are coming too, what's your point?? Via will use Bitcoin's lightning network code too!

Styx is an eternity away. It is just a "goal", there has been zero work done for it.

I am not saying "dump your Via!!", I'm saying Via is literally a Bitcoin clone and offers nothing new. You are free to use the Via fork...but technologically it is inferior since it has to keep up with merging code changes from Bitcoin Core.

currypto

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:02:31 AM

Even now we see this Segwit activation pump falling.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2017, 01:12:30 AM

segwit.viacoin.org

After Segwit on Viacoin's signal confirmed

Price shoot up from 40K - 51K Right  now
btsfreak

Activity: 52

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 02:54:49 AM

It would be nice if you would read the book "Crypto for newbies" before polishing your ego by talking nonsense and hollering that it is provable truth.
- VIA coin one year old - man, your own link proves you wrong, go start learning to read github
- VIA a clone of Bitcoin: Of course it is. Nearly every coin out there is (Dash, Stratis, Litecoins, Digibyte, Syscoin, and the list goes on and on - is a clone of bitcoin.

So basically your argumentation is: "I dont like sports cars, I will be happy if tmr no one buys sports cars anymore, because trucks are much better. Trucks can load things and sports car not. Sports cars suck guys! Look at me! I am important! I have something to say her in forum while in real life no one cares about me! Trucks are better!".

Pointless.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: