Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:03:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VIACOIN ($VIA) is clearly UNDERVALUED  (Read 8694 times)
currypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 135

Sit back, relax, eat some nachos and have a drink.

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:52:04 PM

To be fair, I see and understand a lot of your arguments but they aren't convincing enough to label viacoin as a pump and dump scheme (at least by intention).

I even wrote that Viacoin started out a legit project but has turned into such a coin, just out of its evolution.

I totally agree with everything you have said.

I think that it was valuable that someone did do a code audit on how far viacoin has diverged from bitcoin and the pros and cons of the changes. At least this sticks to the principle of investing in the tech you know and believe in.

I definitely think that being a 1 man dev team here with kinda lacking(bad but in this case good) marketing, this coin is not positioning itself to be a pump and dump coin still.

The work romano has done also can't be said to be trivial since not just any dev can jump into a project like this and be able to segwit it on their own and get other protocols working.

The harder question is how much this type of work is valued at and is any of the crypto currencies out there really worth any of the market cap that they have. This is almost all speculation at this point still and there is no right and wrong here.

I really do think that any community (especially crypto) these days should at least be open for people with strong opinions (especially willingness to be wrong) to come in and say their opinions and ask some questions. I love the excitement and love for viacoin but being overly defensible and sensitive to negative opinion would also hurt the coin's image.

Doing a merge is not rocket science - it was not hard for him to "Segwit" Viacoin. Regardless he really is just volunteering, as he said. So I am not surprised at what effort is put into this. This leads me to wonder, how much Viacoin does romanornr have?

I am glad you see that people are being very defensive. I am also open to being wrong, but people have to show me (and others) with real proof that I am.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
romanornr

Activity: 690
Merit: 907

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:35:13 PM

currypto, if you can do it better or have some improvements let me know.

If you will make a coin better than Viacoin and keeping it alive that would be cool too, I mean you must be a 1337 dev I think?

I apologize for not being good enough for you.
So let's drop the whole convo.

Maybe buying Ethereum, Monero, Ans of Neos is something for you in this case.
Or iota, that's interesting too.

Anyways good luck with your review site. Smiley
currypto

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 06:42:08 PM

currypto, if you can do it better or have some improvements let me know.

If you will make a coin better than Viacoin and keeping it alive that would be cool too, I mean you must be a 1337 dev I think?

I apologize for not being good enough for you.
So let's drop the whole convo.

Maybe buying Ethereum, Monero, Ans of Neos is something for you in this case.
Or iota, that's interesting too.

Anyways good luck with your review site. Smiley

I'm no '1337 dev'. There's no need to apologize, you have done nothing wrong man Smiley You keep working on Viacoin at the pace and effort you wish. You don't owe anyone anything.

Now can I do better...Only way to know is to actually write a cryptocurrency, or start modifying Bitcoin, which I have no interest to do so.

Thank you and good luck with Viacoin.

I don't plan on buying any of those, heh, but thank you for the suggestion.

IThoughtIKnewItAll

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:09:39 PM

A lot of fuss, a lot of discussion, opponents vs proponents

This is good, keep on talking! This thread is one of the most enjoyable

Dev, keep up the good work! I just might add VIA to my portfolio

romanornr

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:35:50 PM

Well currypto,

I like to develop. Right now I'm gaining extra knowledge about Bitcoin, Segwit & LN.
I also believe in Bitcoin with my heart and soul and I do believe there's some space for alternative coins.

Especially maybe in the future if it ever becomes mainstream.
A Bitcoin based codebase because I do believe in Bitcoin.

Also cool part is, I can find bugs or potential improvements for Bitcoin and Litecoin.
Bitcoin example: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/10775
Litecoin example: https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/pull/362

And yeah it delivers me reputation points which great for irl meetups. Had one 2 weeks ago with one of the writers of bitcoinmagazine and xbt.eu to talk about Bitcoin and Segwit.

I'm aware of a few big investors going in heavy on Viacoin.
Maybe because Bitcoin based altcoins without Segwit & LN will die? Maybe.
I idolize the Bitcoin Core developers (They are the real 1337 devs), so I do believe Bitcoin based altcoins are actually the best choice.

Well Decred & Stratis are based on Bitcoin too. Just not written in C++ but Decred in Golang (BTCD) and Stratis in C# (NBitcoin)

Anyways these 'hype' threads are not mine. Just everyone speculating.
Yeah some people praise me a bit too much  Embarrassed but what to do about that right ?

Anyways I hope we are cool Smiley
JoostB

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:05:13 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 10:21:16 AM by JoostB

"syncs faster than ever before"

You know why right? Again, such a trivial change. 6 characters difference: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/commit/7325a43554bae8e5a103ec7af4402360c4025fc1

He multiplied 2 terms by 32, increasing the bandwidth.

You're impressed by that?

This is exactly why Via is going to not make it in the long term. The "development" is just adjusting whatever to make it seem like shit is happening.

Also, that article if anyone is interested in actual facts instead of hype: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2070354.msg20677488#msg20677488

I have the same feeling as you about VIA.

Back in 2014 BTCdrak and Peter Todd were working on VIA, this gave me the expectation that VIA was going to be a mainstream coin so I decided to invest some money in it. In 2014 I bought a lot of VIA when it was at ~12K sat. and I mined a lot of VIA when it was still profitable. However, in contrary to all that was promised there was hardly any development going on, the only thing added was AuxPOW, after this the coin slowly died.

Since there were 10 million coins pre-mined and sold by BTCdrak as ICO to support further development of the coin a lot of investors felt that they were scammed. Romano states that VIA is not pre-mined, this is not true, 10 million coins were pre-mined and sold as ICO, what actually happened with the ICO-money nobody seems to know, it is my impression that some leftover part of the ICO-money is transferred to Romano to support further development of the coin.

At the moment VIA is Litecoin with a shorter block-time and AuxPOW added, nothing new or exiting at all. You may wonder whether we need VIA at all when there is already Litecoin accepted by a large community?

The last months VIA was hyped and pumped a lot because SegWit was going to be added, there are already several other coins with SegWit activated and most of them are implementing off-chain payment and LN, so this is not very special or unique at all.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777136.0

Two months ago when VIA got between 60K and 80K sat. I decided to sell all my VIA because it is my feeling that this was a one time event and that VIA will not reach that level again, whether it was a wise decision or not time will tell.

romanornr

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:39:57 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 12:11:35 PM by romanornr

You know why right? Again, such a trivial change. 6 characters difference: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/commit/7325a43554bae8e5a103ec7af4402360c4025fc1

This is exactly why Via is going to not make it in the long term. The "development" is just adjusting whatever to make it seem like shit is happening.

Also, that article if anyone is interested in actual facts instead of hype: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2070354.msg20677488#msg20677488

Back in 2014..... I decided to sell all my VIA because it is my feeling that this was a one time event and that VIA will not reach that level again, whether it was a wise decision or not time will tell.
Welll I wish I had that ICO money. That would have been really great, too bad I don't have it either. (Yes there was an ICO in 2014 but that's not a hidden premine like some stated)
The roadmap is the roadmap, if you think it's nothing unique you already knew that because you saw the roadmap months before you invested.

But if you are planning to make a coin or something unique that will blow Bitcoin out of the water, let me know !

I just think it's a bit unfair to call Via a scam.
I say what it is about, have a roadmap with the details. I'm not claiming like other coins to be the Ethereum killer.

and people invested in (2k sat, 3k sat, 6k sat, 10 or 20k sat) and it went all the way to 80k sat.... Scamming you in profits?

But I'm learning like I said. I don't have a 50 million dollar ICO.
Sure Joost, keep screaming scam.

I knew when I started, being a free coin developer is gonna be one of the most unthankful jobs to do  Smiley
romanornr

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 12:30:01 PM

"At the moment VIA is Litecoin with a shorter block-time and AuxPOW added, nothing new or exiting at all. You may wonder whether we need VIA at all when there is already Litecoin accepted by a large community?"

Well go buy Litecoin instead?
It's just an idea, I don't understand what all the ranting is about.

Or is a guy not allowed to develop his own coin?

And if this auxpow etc is all so easy, why didn't anyone help me?
Or was that too difficult even when you were invested?
JoostB

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:05:21 PM

Back in 2014..... I decided to sell all my VIA because it is my feeling that this was a one time event and that VIA will not reach that level again, whether it was a wise decision or not time will tell.
Welll I wish I had that ICO money. That would have been really great, too bad I don't have it either. (Yes there was an ICO in 2014 but that's not a hidden premine like some stated)
The roadmap is the roadmap, if you think it's nothing unique you already knew that because you saw the roadmap months before you invested.

But if you are planning to make a coin or something unique that will blow Bitcoin out of the water, let me know !

I say what it is about, have a roadmap with the details. I'm not claiming like other coins to be the Ethereum killer.

and people invested in (2k sat, 3k sat, 6k sat, 10 or 20k sat) and it went all the way to 80k sat.... Scamming you in profits?

I knew when I started, being a free coin developer is gonna be one of the most unthankful jobs to do  Smiley

I never said that VIA is a scam, but there were a lot of investors feeling betrayed because a lot of development was promised, every three months a major update etc. but in the end almost nothing happened. Anyway this has nothing to do with you, I was talking about 2014 and 2015 when you were not involved with VIA at all.

Nobody seems to know what happened with the ICO, but in the old announcement thread btcdrak clearly says that he is going to transfer the VIA-funds to you.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg16184863#msg16184863

Maybe I interpreted his message in a wrong manner, but I got the impression that he was going to transfer the remains of the ICO-fund, either being it fiat or VIA-coins to you.

Personally I'm not interested in making a coin at all, most of them are just Ponzi schemes, some people are getting very rich and most others are losing a lot of money, the money has to come from somewhere, you cannot create money out of thin air like the FED and ECB do.  

Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:28:46 PM

I knew when I started, being a free coin developer is gonna be one of the most unthankful jobs to do  Smiley
We are right behind you, Romano. Everybody knows you're one of the most hardworking developer this side of the cryptosphere
gamerfan

Activity: 766
Merit: 501

BUY BITCOIN WITH PAYPAL AND CREDIT CARDS

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:32:34 PM

Good analisys. Anway, what about confirmation time? Fees? Mining difficulty?
Also, how can you know Otoh is hodling via?

romanornr

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:59:08 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 03:10:14 PM by romanornr

I never said that VIA is a scam....  like the FED and ECB do.  
Wrong interpretation. Not even close to the ICO. Some to host servers for a year (because I was just a uni dropout)

What happened in 2014 wasn't my fault. I wasn't even involved with Viacoin in that time.

But I get the message, basically you don't like altcoins (maximalist) but in that case I think you can complain more about altcoins who didn't do anything in the last 2 years.

Been working & learning for the past 10 months. It doesn't really feel cool to get a bit blamed while 600 other altcoins exist.

Maybe people prefer to buy Viacoin because they think the other coins are overvalued and Viacoin has the same for a lower price and supply. But what do I know right? It's not that I am an experienced trader or something.

And yeah of course people lose money because at the end even in Bitcoin it's a zero sum game. Money doesn't get lost, just transfered.
Seems like natural selection also works online with uhm everything that's being traded. From stocks, bonds, bitcoin to altcoins.
romanornr

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:04:28 PM

I knew when I started, being a free coin developer is gonna be one of the most unthankful jobs to do  Smiley
We are right behind you, Romano. Everybody knows you're one of the most hardworking developer this side of the cryptosphere
Thanks.

I hope it's all clear now.
Maybe it's an idea to close this thread?

This type of threads just attracts ex investors/traders and people being mad about 2014 when I wasn't involved in Viacoin.
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:29:56 PM

Hey Romanornr . You're doing well . You are always available . You answer questions !
So why are the people dissatisfied . I think many are only envious what you have achieved so far .
Just continue your job. It is OK.Let the others talk !
other speak, you work . I find it absolutely ok
currypto

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:14:59 PM

I am so confused why romanornr thinks anything is his fault or hating on him lol...

Damn man...are you even reading what everyone is saying? Nothing is your fault. Chillax.

We are critiquing Viacoin, not you. We understand you are just learning/having fun, and I fully support you keep going.

I am not an experienced trader or something

3 years of trading at least: https://www.tradingview.com/u/RomanoRnr/

Not sure when you would be qualified as "experienced" though.

romanornr

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 06:26:20 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2017, 06:40:34 PM by romanornr

I am so confused why romanornr thinks anything is his fault or hating on him lol...

Damn man...are you even reading what everyone is saying? Nothing is your fault. Chillax.

We are critiquing Viacoin, not you. We understand you are just learning/having fun, and I fully support you keep going.

I am not an experienced trader or something

3 years of trading at least: https://www.tradingview.com/u/RomanoRnr/

Not sure when you would be qualified as "experienced" though.
Well you did call it a scam
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2056418.msg20592013#msg20592013

You can understand I don't think it's "cool" to say that.

Btw Segwit June 28 supposed to be activated?

If mining pools don't signal Segwit, like F2pool didn't, you can have any date you want in the source code, but you need that 75% hashrate to activate Segwit, get it locked_in etc.

Also you claim that I make multiple commits on purpose.
I don't care what people think about the commit activity.

The multiple commits are for myself. Yes myself.
I prefer to know what I did in each commit with a commit message.

That's what.. I think.. Decent developers do.
To know what each commit was for.
You can do everything in 1 commit & don't understand what you all did 6 months later.

And yes, you can critique Viacoin.
It's far from being the best/innovative coin in the world. B
ut it's one up-to-date.  Smiley

It's an experiment, with merged mining & the low inflation rate.

Is it the first Segwit coin with Scrypt Merged Mining? Yes!
That's all for now.

One of Viacoins game changers was CheckLockTimeVerify but that was introduced in 2014 (not by me).

But it would have been cool if you just reached out to me instead & asked questions instead.

Yeah I get a lot of people are "hyping" it up as the best coin. Not my fault.
currypto

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 06:50:03 PM

1. Yes I initially called it a scam, to shortly after saying it was not fair to say that. Please read the thread history.
2. I did not criticise you for making multiple commits to bloat the commit history. I was justifying why I choose that one commit, and actually talking in your favor.
3. Yeah I know it's not your fault for the 100th time, why are you blaming yourself?

But it would have been cool if you just reached out to me instead & asked questions instead.

Yes, I will not make the same mistake twice. I had actually reached out to the Shift developers for my other article. Here I thought reaching out to you would not really add anything to the technical analysis. Shift did not have a very good FAQ.

I will say it now for I think the 3rd time? It was not fair to call Viacoin a scam - because it isn't. I even put this in bold on my bitcointalk post where I posted my article!

romanornr

Yeah Romano from twitter

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 09:42:40 PM

1. Yes I initially called it a scam, to shortly after saying it was not fair to say that. Please read the thread history.
2. I did not criticise you for making multiple commits to bloat the commit history. I was justifying why I choose that one commit, and actually talking in your favor.
3. Yeah I know it's not your fault for the 100th time, why are you blaming yourself?

Yes, I will not make the same mistake twice. I had actually reached out to the Shift developers for my other article. Here I thought reaching out to you would not really add anything to the technical analysis. Shift did not have a very good FAQ.

I will say it now for I think the 3rd time? It was not fair to call Viacoin a scam - because it isn't. I even put this in bold on my bitcointalk post where I posted my article!
Well alright than its fine. Seems like it's cleared up  Smiley
Anyways good luck in crypto and your review site.
BMG86

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:36:20 AM

This coin is seriously getting eaten up on the exchanges! Whats the deal?
xxmetalmartyrxx

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 01:52:59 AM

Invested 0.5 btc in this. Now worth about 0.28 btc. The struggle is real.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: