Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: who would have thought: Btc-e coming back this soon!  (Read 1738 times)
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 10:32:33 AM

why not?
US gov cannot steal money from non US citizens, wtf!

If there were not storing keys on very same server as was seized, then all funds are ok and safe.
If seizure is againts BTC and even not against all of them, at least other cryptos have to be returned very soon and rest of btc later.

I don't se a point why would they abandon such a good business they have already build

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 04:05:09 AM

why not?
US gov cannot steal money from non US citizens, wtf!

If there were not storing keys on very same server as was seized, then all funds are ok and safe.
If seizure is againts BTC and even not against all of them, at least other cryptos have to be returned very soon and rest of btc later.

I don't se a point why would they abandon such a good business they have already build
If they can make a come back then that is great, but most of the time when a site was seized by the US that was it, the game was over, the fact they can make a comeback so soon means that they are prepared to take into account scenarios that would destroy other sites.
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:32:23 AM

So further updates:

Update4!

Current information:

1. We were able to access our databases and wallets, at the moment we are evaluating data and balances on koin, this information will be made public by the end of next week.

2. We confirm that the main streams of the threads have been sent to the service through Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment they are arrested.

Best regards support btc-e

There could be a possibility that BTC_e is going to refund everone. That is what they are promising anyways. I personally think that there is a greater chance of them just not refund anyone than there is a chance of them refunding everyone successfully.

Pretty sure that that Alexander guy not being in any BTC-e position was BS, though.

Domain is still seized atm, so i don't thinkthere is any chance of them making a comeback. Best that there is is going to be them refunding everyone.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 07:42:17 AM

So further updates:

Update4!

Current information:

1. We were able to access our databases and wallets, at the moment we are evaluating data and balances on koin, this information will be made public by the end of next week.

2. We confirm that the main streams of the threads have been sent to the service through Mayzus Financial Services Ltd and at the moment they are arrested.

Best regards support btc-e

There could be a possibility that BTC_e is going to refund everone. That is what they are promising anyways. I personally think that there is a greater chance of them just not refund anyone than there is a chance of them refunding everyone successfully.

Pretty sure that that Alexander guy not being in any BTC-e position was BS, though.

Domain is still seized atm, so i don't thinkthere is any chance of them making a comeback. Best that there is is going to be them refunding everyone.

i'd put the odds in favor of the owners disappearing and no relaunch. but there is a definite non-zero chance that btc-e comes back in some form. russian big balls are in play here now; there may be no turning back. Tongue

whatever the case with vinnik is, the indictment wasn't very condemning of btc-e. i'd be curious to see what evidence they have to pin him as an owner and/or principal manager.

a domain is just a domain. poker site domains get seized; they pop back up on .ag or something similar. the important thing is the money. how well was the fiat hidden, how much can they move (i.e. get into crypto and USDT or similar), and was much crypto lost? this is what matters. if btc-e really wanted to relaunch, they could do so as a TOR hidden service or play whack-a-mole with domains like the pirate bay did.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 08:04:32 AM

a domain is just a domain. poker site domains get seized; they pop back up on .ag or something similar.
I remember last year that I offered BTC-E the btc-e.co domain that I was holding, but they gave me no answer. Unfortunately, due to a noob mistake from my side, the domain got expired as I by mistake disabled auto renewal. After noticing that the domain wasn't sitting in my registrar account, I checked, and yes, it got registered by someone else. In this case, it would definitely be a great alternative domain for BTC-E to operate from, if they are ever planning to seriously come back.

the important thing is the money. how well was the fiat hidden, how much can they move (i.e. get into crypto and USDT or similar), and was much crypto lost? this is what matters. if btc-e really wanted to relaunch, they could do so as a TOR hidden service or play whack-a-mole with domains like the pirate bay did.
It's safe to assume, or at least the best option in order to not get disappointed, is to completely forget about fiat. The only thing that there is left to focus on, is what they have sitting in their cold wallets. Authorities can size everything they want, but there is no way they will ever find out where the cold wallets are hidden, unless Vinnik (in case he is really the co operator) opens his mouth. But hey, even if that is the case, the cold wallet funds are moved to a different location, that's pretty much guaranteed.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:45:10 PM

i'd put the odds in favor of the owners disappearing and no relaunch. but there is a definite non-zero chance that btc-e comes back in some form. russian big balls are in play here now; there may be no turning back. Tongue

whatever the case with vinnik is, the indictment wasn't very condemning of btc-e. i'd be curious to see what evidence they have to pin him as an owner and/or principal manager.

a domain is just a domain. poker site domains get seized; they pop back up on .ag or something similar. the important thing is the money. how well was the fiat hidden, how much can they move (i.e. get into crypto and USDT or similar), and was much crypto lost? this is what matters. if btc-e really wanted to relaunch, they could do so as a TOR hidden service or play whack-a-mole with domains like the pirate bay did.

I go for this to. If they have all this why they didnt relauch and return funds to owners. They had quite the amount from this market BTC LTC ETH DASH, I mean cmon if they really want something done it should be done by now. And true domain is just domain they could use another any from a to z dot something, ANN in official tread here and social media and return to normal.

Bottom is this wont be relaunched, sorry for all that have there something, myself had few ltc if i recall no more then 2-3 so hell with it.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:57:03 PM

If they have all this why they didnt relauch and return funds to owners. They had quite the amount from this market BTC LTC ETH DASH, I mean cmon if they really want something done it should be done by now. And true domain is just domain they could use another any from a to z dot something, ANN in official tread here and social media and return to normal.

Logistically, it takes time. Securing all assets and data integrity, new (politically safe) datacenters and remote server setups, discussions with US law enforcement (those appear to have failed based on the last update), setting up new legal entities, working out the logistics of repayment when most losses were in USD (reconciling millions of accounts), building a new front end (given that they are attempting to re-brand)... this all takes time. No, I don't believe "it should be done by now." Do I believe that the exchange will deliver and repay customers? Maybe, in part, but the mention of KYC is very fishy, so if I were betting, I'd bet against recovery.

iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:09:38 AM

Btc-e is a big exchange platform.Why don` t they make official statements in english?
Lucky for me,i understand russian a little bit,even without Google translate.
It`s good that everything that happened with btc-e had amost no influence over the bitcoin price.
The russian authorities are quilty for trying to destroy btc-e.

they've never been very good at english. you always got support problems answered much faster in russian. kind of ironic that the 'criminals' will pay you back but the american government won't if they get their hands on your money.

Indeed, it is quite ironic! In our modern information age, one of the remaining trait of USA is its continuing to act like it is the global police and it is not respecting the sovereignty of other countries. I have no problem with its desire to run after the criminals but it has to go to the normal process and there should be no shortcut. And it should return the currency it got from this exchange because those coins do not belong to USA but to the members of BTC-e. They should understand that they are not doing harm to the business of this exchange and they are actually robbing members.

We are hoping that despite what happened, BTC-e can be able to stand back once again and reopen its business to the general public. Once it can be able to do this then it can slowly get back the goodwill it built for many years.

We should be sending this message to USA: Please stop overreaching and concentrate on your own problems first!
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:08:02 PM

We should be sending this message to USA: Please stop overreaching and concentrate on your own problems first!

without please!
This is just a robbery, nothing else, there have to be way how to make group lawsuit agains those bastards.

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: