Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES - a genuine Ethereum contender?  (Read 1797 times)
Thinvestor (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:52:48 PM

The more I read up on Waves, the more I like it. I am tempted to invest big into this, as if it is a bonafide challenger to Ethereum then I would consider the price HIGHLY undervalued. Just wondered what peoples thoughts on it were? Could it challenge Ethereum in the long run for being a kickstarter for new ICO and crypto-projects? Or does the ease of use hinder it, and perhaps make it more susceptible to produce too many shitcoins, thus devaluing the coin.

A few things I like about waves.....

It has a DEX
It is working with Deloitte to help integrate big business to its platform
Ease of use on the platform to create new ICO's
Peer to peer lending available on the flatform

Thoughts on general business model and obviously coin price in both short/mid and long term.......

The simpler it is, the better I like it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:12:42 PM

The more I read up on Waves, the more I like it. I am tempted to invest big into this, as if it is a bonafide challenger to Ethereum then I would consider the price HIGHLY undervalued. Just wondered what peoples thoughts on it were? Could it challenge Ethereum in the long run for being a kickstarter for new ICO and crypto-projects? Or does the ease of use hinder it, and perhaps make it more susceptible to produce too many shitcoins, thus devaluing the coin.

It has a DEX

Thoughts on general business model and obviously coin price in both short/mid and long term.......

There are several "Ethereum killer contenders". EOS is the latest one. Stratis is looking good, and if they are able to make it do what they say it should do, it may go up in price, but it had a ton of sudden uprise so im not sure what a good entry point.
IOTA is another one, but i've heard some stuff about the technology being a bit of a vaporware promise. Im not sure, im not a coder.

WAVES has been in the game for a long time, im not sure about what it does, but the problem of not being in Poloniex may have an impact on the price. For some reason, Poloniex rejects WAVES...
zokora

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:15:44 PM

There are similar threads out there regarding waves, yes it is an interesting and promising platform and the most strong ethereum competitor
lijoe408

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 05:48:58 PM

I think Qtum or ANS has a good chance to be ETH contender.  The best chance to overtake ETH at this point, would be something that markets heavily in the east.  There are already several Chinese ICOs launching on Qtum and the mainnet hasn't even been released yet.  It reminds me of all the projects launching on ETH right before the ICO bubble.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:05:33 PM

It is one of the many Ethereum contenders and has a few projects/coins on its platform.
I own it and expect it to do well but do not expect it to surpass ETH.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:39:25 PM

Waves coin is one of my favorite altcoin and i think will increase the price at 100 dollars each before end of this year 2017 and i hope it trully happen so i can make a lot of profit or money.  Waves its look like ethereum coin the price before is very cheap but if you see the price today is very high . So I see also waves that happen after 2 to 3 years so be readt if you invest a lot of monet in waves for sure they have possible you become a rich people in the future.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:09:39 PM

Waves coin is one of my favorite altcoin and i think will increase the price at 100 dollars each before end of this year 2017 and i hope it trully happen so i can make a lot of profit or money.  Waves its look like ethereum coin the price before is very cheap but if you see the price today is very high . So I see also waves that happen after 2 to 3 years so be readt if you invest a lot of monet in waves for sure they have possible you become a rich people in the future.

$100 before the end of the year is a little bit ambitious. I'm happy if the price reaches $15 - $20 before the end of the year
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:20:25 PM

$100 before the end of the year is a little bit ambitious. I'm happy if the price reaches $15 - $20 before the end of the year

Agree with your forecast!!!
Let's wait tomorrow and we might see another explosion in the price of all the currencies.
Thinvestor (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:50:28 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 10:40:27 PM by Thinvestor

I'm not suggesting waves will surpass Ether, but if it can compete it could have a market cap of say $1 billion by the end of this year? Which would make it $10 a coin. Seems possible.

JCB44

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:54:18 PM

I'm not suggesting waves will surpass Ether, but if it can compete it could have a market cap of say $10 billion by the end of this year? Which would make it $10 a coin. Seems possible.

Dude, 10Bil marketcap = 100$ per coin
Thinvestor (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 10:39:56 PM

Thanks for the correction.  Smiley

Chiraag001

Activity: 264

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:02:31 AM

if the bear market goes away and the bulls come back to play then 30USD by the end of the year should be attainable.

Lets talk about what Waves are doing or have accomplished just recently.

Partnership with governments - Boris Titov, Kazakhstan, Moscow Stock Exchange
Partnership with Deloitte
Ether + USD gateway and im sure the Chinese Yuan gateway is soon - when this happens expect the volume traded on Dex to go up significantly
Tokenomica is coming
The new Dex Gui is coming
Smart contracts and scalability in september/october
More ICO's and probably more partnerships/blockbuster news

Waves is definitely undervalued in my opinion. But you cant keep a great thing down forever! You could still say it is still in its infancy. I expect they will be giving Eth a run for its money within a year.
When this market turns around Waves will be charging - I am sure of it!! But lets see
viralz

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 02:55:19 AM

WAVES is curently under a way to find next support,
it may still take time to jump,.... so HODL.
Kanine Awe

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:32:16 AM

There were a million bitcoin killers and look how those turned out.  I feel like all these coins will find their own lane and be able to thrive together.  It's not about being able to destroy other coins.  I hope all coins can grow and live in harmony and peace.  That is the future I dream of Smiley
Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:34:52 AM

Waves, Hush and NEO (Ans/Antshares before) are my favorite currencies. Currently putting a lot of hope in Waves. But I don't Think it will surpass Ethereum. Ethereum is the big one just like Bitcoin. I'm holding Waves long term however and hoping that Ethereum will somehow fail, in that case Waves could become big.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
addias

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:12:10 AM

First off, I like Waves, and I believe in the leadership of the company. I don’t think it is a competitor to ethereum.  I think that Waves and ETH are working towards a great partnership. It helps when the creators are from Russia. We may see more ICO work with Waves and ETH. There are a few ICOs on both blockchains.
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:13:52 AM

First off, I like Waves, and I believe in the leadership of the company. I don’t think it is a competitor to ethereum.  I think that Waves and ETH are working towards a great partnership. It helps when the creators are from Russia. We may see more ICO work with Waves and ETH. There are a few ICOs on both blockchains.
Definitly waves and eth can coexist and provide healthy competition and alternatives to the scene
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:05:44 PM

What do you think about counter party?
Could it ever arrive at that level? Or higher?
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 12:39:21 PM

It has a DEX

There are several "Ethereum killer contenders". EOS is the latest one. Stratis is looking good, and if they are able to make it do what they say it should do, it may go up in price, but it had a ton of sudden uprise so im not sure what a good entry point.
IOTA is another one, but i've heard some stuff about the technology being a bit of a vaporware promise. Im not sure, im not a coder.

WAVES has been in the game for a long time, im not sure about what it does, but the problem of not being in Poloniex may have an impact on the price. For some reason, Poloniex rejects WAVES...

about trust this now bittrex above poloniex, so i think poloniex rejected waves is no problem
i think waves need incraese trust can equal with etherum token smart contract
Darwin02

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:49:58 PM

there still long way before waves can be contender to ETH  there is many other altcoin  better than waves at this moment like stratis but im still looking forward what will next move of this coin and i aready bought some and lease it.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █