Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:20:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Cash is the real Bitcoin. SegWit is the AltCoin.  (Read 2098 times)
RawDog (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 06:41:31 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2017, 07:01:11 PM by RawDog

BCC is in total agreement with Satoshi's Whitepaper.  SegWit is a wild deviation very far indeed from the whitepaper.  Why do people insist on calling Core's Bitcoin the 'real' bitcoin.  Bitcoin Cash is going to rule because on chain scaling will prove fine while Core Blockstream's altcoin will burn in flames.  Don't sell your BCC.  

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 06:57:56 PM

I smell blood in the water.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 07:17:50 PM

Why do people insist on calling Core's Bitcoin the 'real' bitcoin.

Because Core literally is Satoshi's creation (acknowledging there have been some modifications and enhancements over the years).

BCC is in total agreement with Satoshi's Whitepaper. Bitcoin Cash is going to rule because on chain scaling will prove fine while Core Blockstream's altcoin will burn in flames.  Don't sell your BCC. 

I'm glad you think so, a solution to chain scaling is what we need...I'd prefer it not be called Bitcoin Cash, but solving the problem is paramount.

I think you need to be more clear with your advise. It's not "don't sell your BCC", it's "don't sell". Everyone (with private keys) will get an amount of BCC that equals the amount they have in BTC. For example, let's say someone owns 100 Bitcoin. They will then also own 100 BCC. If they sell 10 bitcoin, they will then have 90 bitcoin and 90 BCC.

The more I read posts today the more it sounds like people think they're getting something for free. They're not...they're just getting the option to convert existing Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash.
Motivator

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:23:58 PM

Can I send my BTC to Bittrex tomorrow, then within the wallet what stored my BTC recover the seed to get the Bitcoin Cash? I hope I'm not too late to dump this bitcoincash shit before it drops into single digits... Sad

Only thing I'm worrying about, losing profit on my free coins.
izza123

Activity: 382
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:35:46 PM

How would the BCC chain know what coins you spend on the BTC chain and vise versa? Wouldn't their separation mean you could sell both 100 BTC and 100 BCC? After the split the two chains will not interact or connect at all and only share the historical block chain, so how would they know you spent 10 BTC or BCC to take i from your balance of the other?

Because Core literally is Satoshi's creation (acknowledging there have been some modifications and enhancements over the years).

BCC is in total agreement with Satoshi's Whitepaper. Bitcoin Cash is going to rule because on chain scaling will prove fine while Core Blockstream's altcoin will burn in flames.  Don't sell your BCC. 

I'm glad you think so, a solution to chain scaling is what we need...I'd prefer it not be called Bitcoin Cash, but solving the problem is paramount.

I think you need to be more clear with your advise. It's not "don't sell your BCC", it's "don't sell". Everyone (with private keys) will get an amount of BCC that equals the amount they have in BTC. For example, let's say someone owns 100 Bitcoin. They will then also own 100 BCC. If they sell 10 bitcoin, they will then have 90 bitcoin and 90 BCC.

The more I read posts today the more it sounds like people think they're getting something for free. They're not...they're just getting the option to convert existing Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash.
anonppcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:37:03 PM

WRONG. Don't listen to this person.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1337

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 07:53:13 PM

How would the BCC chain know what coins you spend on the BTC chain and vise versa? Wouldn't their separation mean you could sell both 100 BTC and 100 BCC? After the split the two chains will not interact or connect at all and only share the historical block chain, so how would they know you spent 10 BTC or BCC to take i from your balance of the other?

Yes, he HabBear has no idea how it works.
Once the fork is complete you will be able to move your private key to a wallet that supports BCC and be able to spend your BCC. If you spend BCC, your BTC will remain, so you ARE getting something for free!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
ziiip

Activity: 255
Merit: 102

uBlock.it Admin

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 08:04:34 PM

Once the fork is complete you will be able to move your private key to a wallet that supports BCC and be able to spend your BCC. If you spend BCC, your BTC will remain, so you ARE getting something for free!

lol, apparently a bunch of people don't know how it works, if they did alts would be WAY down like 500%

Riecoin Pool http://uBlock.it/
JohnMacaron

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:07:45 PM

Yeah, but if some BTC exchange doesn't support BCC, they can try to steal your BCC whilst you transacting your BTC. Coz keys are equally apt for both currencies, aren't they?
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:14:16 PM

Will u take the same bet, your BTC for my BCC, 1:1? If you support it and think it should be number 1, take the bet.

Cause if u wont take it, I ll be dumping my BCC as fast as I can. Bullshit coin which brings nothing to the table and is supported by 1 SINGLE POOL wanting to make money on it. 1 SINGLE POOL! I wound even call it an altcoin. For that a coin need to have more support.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
datafish
Donator

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Swimming in a sea of data

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:17:43 PM

Who cares which one is the "real" Bitcoin? I want the best Bitcoin. After years of argument, we shall soon find out which one is best.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:18:06 PM

Can I send my BTC to Bittrex tomorrow, then within the wallet what stored my BTC recover the seed to get the Bitcoin Cash? I hope I'm not too late to dump this bitcoincash shit before it drops into single digits... Sad

Only thing I'm worrying about, losing profit on my free coins.

Bittrex has already closed BTC deposit/withdrawals until after the fork. Maybe Kraken still accepts BTC. Still, cold storage is the safest option.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
HabBear

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 08:22:10 PM

lol, apparently a bunch of people don't know how it works, if they did alts would be WAY down like 500%

WRONG. Don't listen to this person.

Wow, thanks all. I stand corrected. I just had to verify it for myself here.

I'm shocked, to be honest. This is the exact opposite of how it would work in the "real" world. Seriously.

The reason I thought the two blockchains would talk to each other post-fork is because they're talking to each other before the split to know how many bitcoin sits with each address (and therefore how much BCC to allocate for everyone).

The Bitcoincash.org website has such little official information of how this works (shocker) that it's easy to assume the path forward would be the one that keeps everyone's balances the same, rather than doling out free cryptocurrency.

Incredible. Thanks for keeping me correct.
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:25:56 PM

The problem with Bitcoin Cash is that they have a very small share in the bitcoin mining, so they can't do much and will be an altcoin. The "correctness" on the tech side is difficult to say, you can have different ways to perform the same thing.
HabBear

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2017, 08:30:28 PM

The problem with Bitcoin Cash is that they have a very small share in the bitcoin mining, so they can't do much and will be an altcoin. The "correctness" on the tech side is difficult to say, you can have different ways to perform the same thing.

They point of a coordinated event is for the miners to agree to switch to bitcoin cash at the same time (or following the same starting point). You can't use past mining power history as an indicator of future mining power history. Tomorrow (today for some) miners are making the decision to devote their mining power to the new currency, thus giving it majority share and the power it needs to be "the longest chain".
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:51:07 PM

Technically all we have to do is hold both chains, then theoretically no bitcoin user can lose unless we ALL lose. If we all lose, I can only chaulk it up to the herd's own stupidity.

No reason to argue over it, let's see what does best.

I'd take this over 2 years of stale-mate anyday.

What will be interesting is the whale games... there's two groups of people with deep pockets and a reason to make sure their side wins. We are liable to see huge fluctuations in both coin's price as the whales battle it out. We are also liable to see information released during this time to try to make one side look better than the other.

TinFoil Hat Time: Imagine if Craig Wright proved he was Satoshi right after the fork? What a shit show that would be lmao, I can't think of a better way to make a kagillion dollars than proving your fork is the actual vision of Satoshi himself.

Lots of profit to be made for the unbiased, risk hungry trader.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:10:31 PM

They point of a coordinated event is for the miners to agree to switch to bitcoin cash at the same time (or following the same starting point). You can't use past mining power history as an indicator of future mining power history. Tomorrow (today for some) miners are making the decision to devote their mining power to the new currency, thus giving it majority share and the power it needs to be "the longest chain".

I feel Bitcoin cash is dead on arrival as it lacks the true originality of Bitcoin from what I've read and observed so far. I don't know how they are going to convince neutral minded people with the proposal of their new Altcoin. Smh
fisheater

Activity: 770
Merit: 605

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:17:10 PM

What's the interests for most miners to switch? I don't see any. The main bitcoin will continue to dominate, any side fork will not be significant at all.
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:20:45 PM

BCC is in total agreement with Satoshi's Whitepaper.  SegWit is a wild deviation very far indeed from the whitepaper.  Why do people insist on calling Core's Bitcoin the 'real' bitcoin.  Bitcoin Cash is going to rule because on chain scaling will prove fine while Core Blockstream's altcoin will burn in flames.  Don't sell your BCC.  

The chain that has the most hashing power behind it is the "real" bitcoin. The other is an altcoin. That was Satoshi's design.

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:25:01 PM

LOL Cheesy yea... fork yourself away and HF fun mate then if you can make it BIG do it.
I don't even belive such idiots exist. Maybe in long rund you will fill blockspace but it will be really hard for you.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: