Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:15:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside!  (Read 70281 times)
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:51:46 PM

Surprised this thread is still alive to be honest. No idea who Lauda is or where he came from, but it's pretty clear that he's just got a massive stick all the way up there and doesn't speak from any objective perspective, despite quite proudly proclaiming to be doing so.

I'm at the very least glad that I got to remove that guy from my "trust list", since he's pretty clearly not somebody whose opinion is worth much of anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 06:52:16 PM

You're hatred is your character. You hate yourself.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

I'm mentally degenerate?
Seems to be the case.

Is everything really fake? You have no solid proof, all are just your confused assumptions.
Objective assessment? No. You are biased against alts you believe to be shitcoins.
The coin is not "100% anonymous", neither is TOR nor is the integration worth anything (plenty of coins have similar or superior features), which has several attack vectors that can be exploited. The "Airdrop" is not an Airdrop, but a signature/avatar campaign. These are undeniable facts, and I'm the one who is biased? Shills these days have the intelligence of a 5 year old. Roll Eyes

...maybe he's got an interest in a competing coin so he wants to bring deeponion down so he makes more??? i don't know
Another useless post. How don't you get that Deeponion is not a competitor to any coin at this time? There is nothing to bring down.

Surprised this thread is still alive to be honest. No idea who Lauda is or where he came from, but it's pretty clear that he's just got a massive stick all the way up there and doesn't speak from any objective perspective, despite quite proudly proclaiming to be doing so.
Sold account? Check.1 Signature campaign? Check. Doesn't know what he/she is talking about? Check.
I've posted undeniable facts about the fake advertising behind this coin. Meanwhile, people like you, who have no idea what they're talking about, continue supporting shady shit everywhere. And you want to judge what is objective and what isn't?  Roll Eyes

[1] -
Trust summary for jk_14
This user's email address was changed recently.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jk_14
Legendary

Activity: 1292
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 06:58:23 PM

You're hatred is your character. You hate yourself.
Whatever helps you sleep at night, kiddo.

I'm mentally degenerate?
Seems to be the case.

Is everything really fake? You have no solid proof, all are just your confused assumptions.
Objective assessment? No. You are biased against alts you believe to be shitcoins.
The coin is not "100% anonymous", neither is TOR nor is the integration worth anything (plenty of coins have similar or superior features), which has several attack vectors that can be exploited. The "Airdrop" is not an Airdrop, but a signature/avatar campaign. These are undeniable facts, and I'm the one who is biased? Shills these days have the intelligence of a 5 year old. Roll Eyes

...maybe he's got an interest in a competing coin so he wants to bring deeponion down so he makes more??? i don't know
Another useless post. How don't you get that Deeponion is not a competitor to any coin at this time? There is nothing to bring down.

Sold account? Check.1 Signature campaign? Check. Doesn't know what he/she is talking about? Check.
I've posted undeniable facts about the fake advertising behind this coin. Meanwhile, people like you, who have no idea what they're talking about, continue supporting shady shit everywhere. And you want to judge what is objective and what isn't?  Roll Eyes

[1] -
Trust summary for jk_14
This user's email address was changed recently.
You throw around random and completely irrelevant points while getting all defensive. Doesn't put much weight into your words.

Either way, please show me where you've provided any "undeniable facts about the fake advertising", because all I've seen so far was a lot of hot air and empty accusations.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 07:12:34 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 07:23:13 PM by Lauda

Either way, please show me where you've provided any "undeniable facts about the fake advertising", because all I've seen so far was a lot of hot air and empty accusations.
Claim 1: Free airdrop.1
Rebuttal: The way that DeepOnion "drops" coins is a classic signature campaign. It has nothing to do with an actual Airdrop.
Claim 2: TOR integration gives "complete anonymity" and is valuable feature.
Rebuttal: TOR is not even close to completely anonymous2 and this was done/attempted by several coins long ago.
Claim 3: 100% anonymous.1
Rebuttal: TOR itself is not completely anonymous which destroys this claim anyways, and there is no known "100% anonymous" coin.

[1] - Both claims are made in their (misleading) signature advertisement.
[2] - Some past attacks: Weak Debian keys (2008), OpenSSL Heartbleed. Attack on Relay nodes (2014). Also read the following: Users Get Routed:Traffic Correlation on Tor by Realistic Adversaries
There is more, but this isn't a paid lesson in security. I'm sure that even the developer has no idea about most of it (and I do not mean the trivial and widely known stuff like Heartbleed). Remember that developer != cryptographer != security expert.
Do indulge me by telling me that TOR is 100% anonymous. Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
RKh

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:19:46 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 08:57:52 PM by RKh

Well there's only one ANN coin with an integrated TOR (OBFS4)
Which is btw better than most and currently dirt cheap(poor list of exchanges)

And it is not DeepOnion  Undecided

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 07:28:04 PM

Torcoin was exposed for claiming that it had tor integration.. When it clearly did not.
It was dropped then this coin popped up.
So what I wonder here is.. Same thing again?
Some coins I am told can be configured with the wallet to to use tor via the options menu.
And is NOT TOR integration.

So that question lingers for me and sorry if you all brought that point.. I did not read most of this topic.

What I see though is a crooked rigged premined ICO air drop pos coin scam.
Designed to make the development rich and to pay off the legion of sig campaign losers to defend it.

And since when is an air drop premined coin legit?

Grandiose claims which seem to be bullshit to me.
Why? Look at how the coin is rigged to pay the devs.
Simple.

FUD first & ask questions later™
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 07:57:14 PM

Simple.
These people don't care about anything other than gaining a few pennies from this shitcoin. This does not apply for everyone (some have abandoned it after it got exposed for what it is, the developer trust farming and similar), but for the majority of the campaign.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Glok17

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 08:07:51 PM

Torcoin was exposed for claiming that it had tor integration.. When it clearly did not.
It was dropped then this coin popped up.
So what I wonder here is.. Same thing again?
Some coins I am told can be configured with the wallet to to use tor via the options menu.
And is NOT TOR integration.

So that question lingers for me and sorry if you all brought that point.. I did not read most of this topic.

What I see though is a crooked rigged premined ICO air drop pos coin scam.
Designed to make the development rich and to pay off the legion of sig campaign losers to defend it.

And since when is an air drop premined coin legit?

Simple.

It's not ICO and it's completely free. Some aspects of the coin are not ideal, but I think DeepOnion does not deserve so much negativity.

What I see right now:
1) They made a scrypt to check signatures and posts. They use automatic payout with the bot. They designed smart rules.
2) Dev is active in the thread, and this takes a lot of time for sure. They actually care about the participants to follow the rules and exclude some guys.
3) They got listed a bit of time on Nova and dev doesn't hurry with further exchanges. There's no dumps...

99% of shit\low quality clone coins will never do these 3 things.

I've seen few airdrop projects closely. They make a hype and dump (to create another shitcoin 1 week later). DeepOnion had enough hype to dump good amount on week 2.

There are lots of shady things about the project, but it's free. There's tons of bad ICO that actually collect money from investors and walk away

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2017, 08:12:46 PM

1) They made a scrypt to check signatures and posts. They use automatic payout with the bot. They designed smart rules.
That's quite easy to do; almost trivial.

-snip-
There are lots of shady things about the project, but it's free. There's tons of bad ICO that actually collect money from investors and walk away
Classic relative privation fallacy (aka, "not as bad as" fallacy), which is not an actual argument that goes in favor of the project.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 02:38:33 AM

Lauda,
You hating something of no value to you as shitcoins to you does, makes you the very thing how you described it to be.
You see, you are what you hate. Don't you know that?
If you think we be thinking like 5 year olds, maybe you just saw someone staring back at a mirror instead.
Hahaha I laugh at you.
Coz you are one dude so laughable.
You're making a joke of yourself.
Realize that what I say.
bxipp

Activity: 630

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:09:38 AM

and here we are argue with something outside of box. tell me what happen to the onion coin these day cause i dont see you are argue about onion coin insteads your pride being all known member.
kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 03:17:26 AM

and here we are argue with something outside of box. tell me what happen to the onion coin these day cause i dont see you are argue about onion coin insteads your pride being all known member.
Coz you see, when someone mess with DeepOnion, that someone messes with the whole community. Some people cannot just accept the fact that some project is just better than other projects. That's why they try to shill, spread FUD.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 06:25:50 AM

If you think we be thinking like 5 year olds, maybe you just saw someone staring back at a mirror instead.
It looks like your are not even capable of understanding simple logic. I've trivially destroyed the whole idea and advertising between DeepOnion and nobody is able to refute my claims.

Rebuttal: The way that DeepOnion "drops" coins is a classic signature campaign. It has nothing to do with an actual Airdrop.
Rebuttal: TOR is not even close to completely anonymous2 and this was done/attempted by several coins long ago.
Rebuttal: TOR itself is not completely anonymous which destroys this claim anyways, and there is no known "100% anonymous" coin.

[2] - Some past attacks: Weak Debian keys (2008), OpenSSL Heartbleed. Attack on Relay nodes (2014). Also read the following: Users Get Routed:Traffic Correlation on Tor by Realistic Adversaries
There is more, but this isn't a paid lesson in security. I'm sure that even the developer has no idea about most of it (and I do not mean the trivial and widely known stuff like Heartbleed). Remember that developer != cryptographer != security expert.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 06:39:44 AM

The its not an ICO defense means squat.
Premining all the coins doesn't change.
And I sure as hell am not taking lip from NOOBS here with five posts telling me stupid shit about coins while the post away with their onion sig campaign.

Even if tor WAS properly integrated as stated then we have the coin rigged badly to make the devs rich with a classic scheme....... The air drop.
Which yes is very much scammy.
Always has been and always will be.

The reality is here is we have old members saying this is seriously sketchy bullshit.
And noob accounts with sig campaigns for the coin in question lining up to defend it.
In other words case fucking closed pajeets  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
Glok17

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 09:13:48 AM

That's quite easy to do; almost trivial.

-snip-
Classic relative privation fallacy (aka, "not as bad as" fallacy), which is not an actual argument that goes in favor of the project.

In terms of logic my argument is flawed, I agree. But what I see is you picking 1 project and judge it with some heavy criteria. Make a thread and put GOOD projects there, it will be a really small number of projects, all other are shitcoins (that's true, but they still hold the value. If DeepOnion is scam to make devs rich, what about other greedy coins out there? MUCH MORE greedy.

My point is that among all shitcoin releases (and airdrops), DeepOnion is really good. Yes, it's far from perfect. But it doesn't ask for money like 95% or recent projects.

Is ETH a scam? It's a premine project. Yes, we can see a real development, but the development is not instant. Byteball? Yes, the airdrop model is good, but it also has multiple flaws.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 09:18:54 AM

I could sell all my Onions now and I would get more than USD 1200. Yeah, I really feel like I got scamed... Market price is rising.

Passion.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 10:28:14 AM

In terms of logic my argument is flawed, I agree.
Good.

But what I see is you picking 1 project and judge it with some heavy criteria. Make a thread and put GOOD projects there, it will be a really small number of projects, all other are shitcoins (that's true, but they still hold the value. If DeepOnion is scam to make devs rich, what about other greedy coins out there? MUCH MORE greedy.
This isn't an argument either. Since Bitcointalk does not filter shit in this section, and shit represents 99% of the released coins/tokens, it is not possible for an individual to follow everything.

My point is that among all shitcoin releases (and airdrops), DeepOnion is really good.
No.

Is ETH a scam? It's a premine project.
It is a scam.

Byteball? Yes, the airdrop model is good, but it also has multiple flaws.
DeepOnion does not have an airdrop, it's a signature campaign that is being falsely advertised as an airdrop.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Dendron

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:36:57 AM

Well, Lauda, if you say ETH is a scam, you lose all credibility for whatever else you say... Anything with a premine is not necessarily a scam, and people must understand that developing something awesome is not free...
cleavey

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:37:21 PM

Pedantically speaking, no communication can be made 100% anonymous, but Tor (when used correctly) can greatly increase your anonymity. The OpenSSL bugs you mentioned are irrelevant in my opinion, when bugs are found they are hopefully patched out asap. The attack vectors to worry about typically involve traffic analysis to de-anonymise.

In theory, the best way to use Tor for an anon-touting crypto is entirely within Tor as a hidden service. The main problem that I can see, is that the blockchain is a matter of public record, and any transaction is roughly timestamped by it. An entity that wants to de-anonymise transactions presumably has a list of ips using Tor at any given time, and can compare that to the blockchain. At the very least the ips of some of those using the crypto could be narrowed down (if not outright determined, possibly even matched to specific transactions), given enough time.

The best way I can see to deal with this? Become a middle relay yourself, such that you are always on the Tor network, sending and receiving other peoples data, thereby cloaking your activity. There is potential to obfuscate when you do a transaction via time-delayed transactions (the point being that your ip is not on the network when the transaction goes through), but I can't see how to do that without the blockchain knowing of the delay (making the delay pointless for obfuscation purposes), without trusting a third party to relay a signed message at some future time (which is obviously not a solution).

As to how DeepOnion uses Tor, I don't know. Almost certainly it doesn't make wallets act as middle relays (so if you plan to use DeepOnion anonymously, I recommend you take the initiative and become a middle relay yourself), hopefully it does work 100% within tor (with things like dedicated onion servers for initial and fallback peer discovery, as I say I don't know).
larks500

Activity: 616
Merit: 114

Bountylord.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2017, 01:41:26 PM

This topic looks like attempt to decrease price of Onion to find out good point of enter on Exchange.%)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: