Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:59:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING DeepOnion is a SCAM, proof inside!  (Read 70281 times)
Rahip

Activity: 336
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:00:10 PM

Thank you very much for this, you did a good thing.
It's up to them to believe and not to believe. 

I also think this is a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clrpod

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:02:58 PM

Deep Onion seems more and more like a ponzi scheme each passing day. The latest changes basically say to everyone who holds coins that they shouldn't sell because they'll profit more and to new investors they have to buy to profit, it is all pushing a false economy for developers to dump their own coins.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2017, 01:21:06 PM

I've been part of the airdrop for quite a while. Also the online wallet (onionwallet.ch) was developed by me. I don't know why but some day a user told me that my signature was gone, of course I got blacklisted. So I decided to sell most of my coins, which gave me quite some money, so I cannot complain. Right after that I got banned in the forums... My posts (even helpful ones) got deleted in the ANN thread.

The project is not transparent at all. Any unwanted comment will be deleted. Every feature in DeepOnion is a copycat.
  • Bitcoin with Tor already exists in better projects (eg Verge).
  • DeepVault already exited.
  • DeepSend is a technology that they will adapt 1 to 1, as announced in their newsletter.

They invested a lot of time in their forum, but no real development to the coin has been made.

Marketing is amazing, some other teams could really learn from DeepOnion.

Although, I would not say it is a scam. I also don't care about premining and so on. Someone put a lot of time in the project, for me it is ok, if they earn money. Whoever puts work in something, should get something for it.

But I would say the project will not be successfull, because:
  • I don't think there is much blockchain knowledge available
  • They update the forum with features, because they don't know how to improve the coin
  • Way too less github activity
  • Not transparent at all, to many deleted posts and banned users
  • Due to the amount of banned users, the project will never reach enough people to be successfull
  • They missed to get listed on a good exchange, although the community was always asking for it. Now their only exchange is going to shut down its service, if they won't find another (good) exchange by the end of the year, the coin is dead anyways.

However, I don't think it is a scam, but if you are looking for something successfull, move on.

Passion.
tdbigdata

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 01:33:19 PM

I've been part of the airdrop for quite a while. Also the online wallet (onionwallet.ch) was developed by me. I don't know why but some day a user told me that my signature was gone, of course I got blacklisted. So I decided to sell most of my coins, which gave me quite some money, so I cannot complain. Right after that I got banned in the forums... My posts (even helpful ones) got deleted in the ANN thread.

The project is not transparent at all. Any unwanted comment will be deleted. Every feature in DeepOnion is a copycat.
  • DeepSend is a technology that they will adapt 1 to 1, as announced in their newsletter.

They invested a lot of time in their forum, but no real development to the coin has been made.

Although, I would not say it is a scam. I also don't care about premining and so on. Someone put a lot of time in the project, for me it is ok, if they earn money. Whoever puts work in something, should get something for it.

• They update the forum with features, because they don't know how to improve the coin
  • Due to the amount of banned users, the project will never reach enough people to be successfull
  • They missed to get listed on a good exchange, although the community was always asking for it. Now their only exchange is going to shut down its service, if they won't find another (good) exchange by the end of the year, the coin is dead anyways.

However, I don't think it is a scam, but if you are looking for something successfull, move on.

i agree with you , this is not scam , but they have a exchange  is novaexchange  so bad , they have easy on list yobit , crytopia, coinsmarket ... but they don't do . and now they saw they has been mistake . result the deep onion is $0.4
simongoat

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

there is definately something not quite right about it. If you joined at the beginning of the airdrop happy days as you prob have a lot of coins but I joined yesterday then saw that you have to have 100 onions to qualify. Plus you only get a percentage of what is in your wallet. If that doesn't seem like a motivator to get new people to buy more coins I don't know what is.

This coin is just about the airdrop, nothing else. There are lots of privacy coins out there, not sure why this one is any better. The only thing that its got going for it if that its free and things that have value are rarely given away for free.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:43:40 PM

I don't get the point of this thread still being open. Hasn't Deep Onion proved they are not a scam by the amount of time they have been around for? I get that some people disliked them at the start for the way they went about things with there acceptance to the airdrop rules. But they were only trying to root out all the scammers etc. I am not in the Deep Onion airdrop but i have had a look at there forum and it looks pretty cool, so good on them i say!

The thread is open becasue the author wants it open.
Scams are permitted to be posted here too.
This is a scam site.
Further more since a set amount of time passed on a pyramid scheme wen by does not make it legit.

The little puppet account army is really reaching.. poorly and in vain.

People who get it and the ideology and what make s scam will avoid it.
Anyone with a shred of integrity.

And the greedy profiteers with out any integrity will have their ears perk up about the info of *some people not getting their fake "airdrop" coins.

It's not like there is just 1 problem with this coin.. there is a long list.
But hey if you think you will make some BTC dust off it then it's ok to support it then right ?

@simongoat
There was nothing for free.
You all were enlisted and hired to do a job and put to work.. advertising.
You knowingly joined a SIG campaign fraudulently masqueraded as an "airdrop".
There was nothing free here.

Well except for the dev's who premined coins then kept them then staked them.
They got "free" money  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
bambarmia

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:56:56 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2017, 04:19:36 PM by bambarmia

Scams are permitted to be posted here too.

This is a scam site.

You are right. Bitcointalk became a holly grail for scammers. Hundreds om scam projects and ICO's are announced daily here. The only purpose of all that projects and ICO's, is to steal peoples hard owned money. People who have been with the crypto market for long time now, will understand these schemes of scams very easily but the noobs who are easily blinded by vaporware and false claims will fall for it. Do you remember the quote of Satoshi "Decentralized = Better" I think the opposite: "Decentralized = Scam"
Jason C.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:02:39 PM

Fortunately I did my homework and decided not to invest in this project which focuses merely on marketing than tech development. The so called "airdrop" is actually a bounty. The coins are not "free" at all. You have to spend quite a lot of your time and energy on their campaign to get the coins. There're way better projects than this one. Glad I didn't fall for it. Grin  
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:06:18 AM

This is the best post of the whole thread I think, which frames the situation for what it is. I have to say that the recent change of rules of the airdrop have been a big step in the right direction, opening the project to a bigger community. In the procedure it very much resembles airdrops like Bitcore or Byteball now. It is still keeping the signature campaign (not really necessary any more in my view, and quite annoying) but unlike Bitcore and Byteball it doest unload tons of free coins to BTC whales, which to some extent is even more annoying if you think at.
Saifher

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:24:39 AM

This lack of transparency is really worrisome. Decentralization is a good thing, but having anonymous devs with a lot of power is the opposite of that, and even worse than some kind of centralization where you know who's in power (so the community can kinda keep them in check if things start going in the wrong direction).

LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:09:56 PM

This lack of transparency is really worrisome. Decentralization is a good thing, but having anonymous devs with a lot of power is the opposite of that, and even worse than some kind of centralization where you know who's in power (so the community can kinda keep them in check if things start going in the wrong direction).

The real point is what the devs go with that power. If they use it to abuse their own community, he won't have a community for long...
KaranRaut

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 10:42:35 PM

I don't think that  they're scam. What I do know is that they make you sweat for their bounties and getting access to DeepOnion is not easy (though they do have giveaway bounties (smallbounties)).
I will do more research on the Team ... now that I know about your article..
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:17:27 AM

I don't think that  they're scam. What I do know is that they make you sweat for their bounties and getting access to DeepOnion is not easy (though they do have giveaway bounties (smallbounties)).
I will do more research on the Team ... now that I know about your article..

Yes that's true! some of my friends has deep onion token and trade it to nova with no problem and earn cash, so this is not a scam and worth of investment also, and has potential in market because of it's value now.
drzed

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:04:16 AM

Transparency is important these days.
I bought in a while ago as I liked the coin basics and the marketing but sold after a few days as it all seemed a bit too shady and digging deeper revealed some stuff that worried me.
Look how well the Electroneum ICO did. There were big tech questions earlier on but they were ultra transparent and I think that was a big factor. It sold out 40 million before release.
obszoenling

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:50:06 PM

Transparency is important when it comes to an ICO. That's why anonymous driven coins like DeepOnion choose airdrops.

Fortunately I did my homework and decided not to invest in this project which focuses merely on marketing than tech development. The so called "airdrop" is actually a bounty. The coins are not "free" at all. You have to spend quite a lot of your time and energy on their campaign to get the coins. There're way better projects than this one. Glad I didn't fall for it. Grin 

You are obviously didn't do your homework. If that would be the case you would know about the new rules making the airdrop available for all.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
5moke

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 09:58:13 PM

I do not think that deeponion is a scam. I am very convinced of the pretense and will invest a lot more money purely before he grows up without me
asianjanedoe

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:45:51 PM

The name alone sounds nasty smelling. lol
Don't buy anything with a fishy oniony name.
noeeel

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:54:32 AM

What is wrong about to take ideas of other coins and make the best coin out of all available coins?

DO will have he advantage of every anonoymous coin, it outperforms Monero. Active community is key for adoption, and there is DO doing the best job.

@supertee who critizes here DO: This guy developed a WebWallet, nobody wanted and nobody requested. Hid did not receive extra coins and was pissed off. I am just curious why he developed a WebWallet? An anonoyous wallet in control of him where other participants transfer money to? I am glad this guy is out, he brought a bad mood in. Now he even makes DO bad, although he received 1.5 BTC via airdrop from the project. Very grateful man.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 07:47:53 AM

@supertee who critizes here DO: This guy developed a WebWallet, nobody wanted and nobody requested. Hid did not receive extra coins and was pissed off. I am just curious why he developed a WebWallet? An anonoyous wallet in control of him where other participants transfer money to? I am glad this guy is out, he brought a bad mood in. Now he even makes DO bad, although he received 1.5 BTC via airdrop from the project. Very grateful man.

The Webwallet is still online and holds for sure more than double the amount of onions you hold..  Wink What I wrote is my honest opinion as a developer. I did not ask for a bounty for the webwallet. I am a developer, I did it out of curiosity. However, while the first webwallet, that was announced by DeepOnion got hacked with several thousand onions on it (make up your own mind, where these onions have gone to), my wallet is still online holding onions, although I left the project. Wink So better don't call someone (you even don't know, not even ever talked to) a scammer.

By the way, you registered in May this year.. congratulations, some newbie with no experience, trying to talk about things he does not know about. Almost all of your posts come from the DeepOnion Signature campaign  Grin

Passion.
heeee213

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 08:02:06 AM

Wow! This is scary.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: